Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe "The Beast" DeRousie and Stan "Rhino" Efferding Smashing Chest & Tris -1 Week Out from USAs

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    incorrect...if he stops drinking while increasing the carbs the body will be forced to actually "pull" water from under the skin to move glycogen and nutrients. remember carbs need water to be absorbed by the body,and if you are not drinking any then the body has to use the water that is already present,starting from subcutaneous water
    This is true and correct science except the overall metoblism of the body and fluid mechanics is lot more complicated.
    In brief, the body will pull fluid from the easiest location for cell metablism priorities.
    Sometimes this is from the muscle cells , other times it ma be from the subcutaneous areas, etc.
    Evan a specifc drug will NOT guarantee where and when this happpens, EXACTLY.
    Ask any ER physician about this , seriously.
    In my humble opinion, this is a big part of the reason for BB "preaking" being so haphazzard and hard to get right.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Have you read Layne article on the subject? With science proven fact? He explains why this is completly false.
    While the BB prep gurus have the basic idea correct, as I just posted the real scieince on human cell biology shows this to be a lot more comnplicated .
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

I'd like to see some real proof of that. Layne has posted a complete article based on science to explain the contrary.
    i come from the same school Ken "Skip" Hill comes from, meaning that scientific studies are good and all, but in the end when it comes to contest prep what really matters to me is "real-world" results. I dont care how much scientific data you show me,but if a guy is getting dry,hard,and full by following a certain protocol,i really couldnt care less
    Last edited by RockyIII; July 28th, 2011 at 02:19 PM.
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    This is true and correct science except the overall metoblism of the body and fluid mechanics is lot more complicated.
    In brief, the body will pull fluid from the easiest location for cell metablism priorities.
    Sometimes this is from the muscle cells , other times it ma be from the subcutaneous areas, etc.
    Evan a specifc drug will NOT guarantee where and when this happpens, EXACTLY.
    Ask any ER physician about this , seriously.
    In my humble opinion, this is a big part of the reason for BB "preaking" being so haphazzard and hard to get right.
    that would be true if you take the average joe who doesnt train,hasnt been dieting for 3 months,and never took any AAS.
    But when it comes to a dieted down/depleted bodybuilder, you are guaranteed that the body will prioritize muscle glycogen before anything else,and will pull water first and foremost from other places starting from subcutanously.
    The biggest problem with most "scientific research" is that it rarely takes into account the extremes a bodybuilder goes through when prepping for a show
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    While the BB prep gurus have the basic idea correct, as I just posted the real scieince on human cell biology shows this to be a lot more comnplicated .
    how much of that real science uses pre-contest bodybuilders as subjects of study? months and months of drugs,training,and dieting,will result in a completely different type of environment
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Banned

i come from the same school Ken "Skip" Hill comes from, meaning that scientific studies are good and all, but in the end when it comes to contest prep what really matters to me is "real-world" results. I dont care how much scientific data you show me,but if a guy is getting dry,hard,and full by following a certain protocol,i really couldnt care less
    Joe conditionning is completly awesome as of now. What should he do? Stay the same and enter with his best shape ever or.... manipulate carb, water, sodium and risking 99% chance of looking worse? The decision is up to him but I bet he goes the ''magic manipulation'' route and does not look as impressive on stage as on the last photo we've seen of him.

Joe conditionning is completly awesome as of now. What should he do? Stay the same and enter with his best shape ever or.... manipulate carb, water, sodium and risking 99% chance of looking worse? The decision is up to him but I bet he goes the ''magic manipulation'' route and does not look as impressive on stage as on the last photo we've seen of him.
    that is part of the challenge,part of the journey...that s why you cant never say for sure who s gonna walk away victorious
    JESUS THE CHRIST

you guys are forgetting he needs to make weight... in the last pics posted he was over his weight class limit... so that adds to the fun

Quote Originally Posted by beefed View Post
    you guys are forgetting he needs to make weight... in the last pics posted he was over his weight class limit... so that adds to the fun
    he s too big for being a hw
    JESUS THE CHRIST

he s too big for being a hw
    incorrect my friend as of 530 he was a heavyweight... waiting at weigh ins now..

incorrect my friend as of 530 he was a heavyweight... waiting at weigh ins now..
    sometimes these guys sacrifice a lot of what makes themlook great jut to make weight. If you were able to make weight without losing that "pop" to your muscles,god bless you!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

sometimes these guys sacrifice a lot of what makes themlook great jut to make weight. If you were able to make weight without losing that "pop" to your muscles,god bless you!
    it was best choice this year... he just made weight... now to prepare for tomorrow night...

it was best choice this year... he just made weight... now to prepare for tomorrow night...
    i forgot that at the USAs you guys have so much more time between weigh-in and prejudging o you have more time to fill back up. In that case you should be alright,bring down da house!
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123