Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why keep wasting your health and money on BBing when you obviously dont have the genetics?

Default Why keep wasting your health and money on BBing when you obviously dont have the genetics?

Why do so many guys keep wasting thousands of dollars on gear, time spent training and dieting when its brutally obvious they simply dont have the genetics to EVER turn pro?

Look at guys like Hany Rambod. He knew he didnt have the genes to compete and do well himself but he became a guru and makes a shitload of money by helping others.

Im not saying you should stop working out but if you have been competing in the NPC for decades (BSA for example) and still havent turn pro why not spend that time and effort on things more productive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
    Why do so many guys keep wasting thousands of dollars on gear, time spent training and dieting when its brutally obvious they simply dont have the genetics to EVER turn pro?

Look at guys like Hany Rambod. He knew he didnt have the genes to compete and do well himself but he became a guru and makes a shitload of money by helping others.

Im not saying you should stop working out but if you have been competing in the NPC for decades (BSA for example) and still havent turn pro why not spend that time and effort on things more productive?
    Because they love what they do

Why not. Why should we stop doing this only to invest in some other pointless hobby.

It's a passion dude, so what if I can't look like Dorian Yates or Jay Cutler? If I can achieve something, something that's described as being the best I can be and the best I can look. I will be fucking happy, knowing that I did something I wanted to do, something that meant a lot to me. It's not always about the "logic" or "common sense" It's about doing what you like to do.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

PSYCHOPATH

Pro's or wanabe Pro's are different from average juicers. I see what you're saying.

If the only reason you have to be doing all of that is to be verified by a card that says IFBB on it, you're doing it for the wrong reasons in the first place.
    You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?

if i didnt do what i do i would have the test levels of a 13 year old girl
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    if i didnt do what i do i would have the test levels of a 13 year old girl
    Possible reflection of your inner psyche?

The healthiest thing would probably be to do some light cardio (nothing too strenuous because your joints/heart may not like that) and lift some light/moderate weights (nothing too heavy, your blood pressure might go up momentarily) 3-4x a week, while eating whole food with tons of fibre (ONLY CLEAN FOODS!!!!), but is that any fun?

Everything is a "waste" of health, is going out on grass with huge shoulder pads and banging bodies with massive guys (no homo) good for your health? Probably not, but people love it so who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by koutn471 View Post
    Because they love what they do
    this.

You know how many people do things in this world that they love and know won't turn 'pro' in. Pretty much any sport you can apply this to.

I dont think you are getting my point. Im not saying you should quit training or trying to look good. For example there is a guy in my gym who probably weighs no more than 210lbs at 5'8. Uses at least 3 grams of gear a week plus 8 ius of GH a day + insulin and rarely comes off. He competes locally and has never cracked the top 5 in any LOCAL show he entered. Who am i to judge but what will he have left to show for all this when he is 50 except for the lost money and side effects???

PSYCHOPATH

Quote Originally Posted by Natural4Life View Post
    Possible reflection of your inner psyche?

^^^ Just took out "an intro to psychology" book from the local library. It was a cover to justify hitting on the odd but sexy librarian.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOPATH View Post
    ^^^ Just took out "an intro to psychology" book from the local library. It was a cover to justify hitting on the odd but sexy librarian.
    What can i say... i have a thing for brunettes that wear glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
    I dont think you are getting my point. Im not saying you should quit training or trying to look good. For example there is a guy in my gym who probably weighs no more than 210lbs at 5'8. Uses at least 3 grams of gear a week plus 8 ius of GH a day + insulin and rarely comes off. He competes locally and has never cracked the top 5 in any LOCAL show he entered. Who am i to judge but what will he have left to show for all this when he is 50 except for the lost money and side effects???
    I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have judged countless guys over the years that had lousy genetics and unreal expectations about what drugs could do for them. Perhaps some of it has to do with them not having other areas of "life" to move on into? Maybe bodybuilding is the one thing they feel positive about perhaps?
    Since I stopped doing contests, my overall life has been fuller and happier. Sure, I miss some aspects of the contest atmosphere, but not enough to have the tunnel vision needed to compete again. I wasn't a great bodybuilder , but won a few small shows and didn't do too many 'roids.
    Over the past 15 yrs I have expanded my horizens and enjoy a lot more things now at age 52.
    My wife and I vacation in the USVI and enjoy everything from movies to the ATL Braves, the symphony and hockey games . LOL, believe it or not, I enjoy a fine dinning experience more NOW, then being on stage in a contest.

Bodybuilding competition was a wonderful chapter in my life , but those years are far behind me now.
    I still enjoy the gym and seeing a good contest. I will be a BB fan for life, but I may never compete again. I'm having too much fun doing all kinds of other stuff.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Why do people continue to spend thousands on golf clubs and course fee's when they aren't ever going to be a pro golfer? Why do people continue to put their lives in danger and spend thousands upon thousands climbing moutains?!

Because they want to, thats why!!

Why keep wasting your time and money on anything if you're going to just die eventually?
    What a stupid post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

The most important thing with the bodybuilding lifestyle is to have reasonable expectations.
    Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast