Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sunbeds???

Default Sunbeds???

I just started using one of those sun beds in the gym, like a standing up one, where you pay a pound for 3minutes and so on. I'm not completely new to them, but dont use them often. I did 6 minutes yesterday, and again today for 9 minutes. Now im red Any one got any experience with these or advice? its not like it hasnt worked, it was deffinetely after the 9min session that had the effect.
    Thanks

take your time with it the last thing you want to do is keep burning your skin, your body sees sunburn in the same way it would see any burn- as an injury it needs to repair. just do 3 minutes 2 times a week and slowly build your tan up- not worth risking skin cancer for the sake of being brown.

I want to use the sun bed, but I'd only use it if it's safe. Unfortunately, it's dangerous. gymboy5000 said it nicely - it's not worth it.

it depends on your type of skin...
    i figure, being from north wales, you're white as fuck right?
    take it easy on the uv's

skin cancer is not funny

Bro Scientist

I've used them and if you are burning at 9 minutes then you need to cut back to 3 mins and then gradually go up to 6 mins. You might not need 9 mins. Personally I wouldn't use them if I were you. They are dangerous and increase your chances of developing skin cancer.

thanks for the good advice. Today, the morning after, the reddness seems to have almost completely gone. The colour it gives seems to be good, but not worth anybody's health. I think il give it a few days break, and cut back. I dont plan to use them habitually. Again, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by thick mik View Post
    it depends on your type of skin...
    i figure, being from north wales, you're white as fuck right?
    take it easy on the uv's

skin cancer is not funny
    lol, i'm no stevie wonder, but im not too bad! I've got to get my uv rays from somewhere right?