Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Victor Martinez Guest Posing August 20, 2011. Four Weeks out from the Olympia

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    And how about 3. Kai has actually showed up in great shape on numerous occasions (not all, but many), whereas Victor is KNOWN for weak conditioning. So to even say "He's on schedule" is kinda' ridiculous-- I don't think he ever knows what it MEANS to be "on schedule". Either way, he looks stupid-soft for somebody competing in 3 weeks, that's all I'm saying.

-lifepulse
    4. This was 4 weeks out!

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOPATH View Post
    maybe he looked "bloated" on purpose, or maybe he doesn't give a shit, and want's to save all the water/salt/Rx manipulation for the real show, not some guest posing.
    This is a really good point guys.....
    You also don't know how much or what he's eating, so you really can't judge whether or not its just dormant fooding bloating him out.

On a side note, Vic looks MUCH bigger than ever before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Quote Originally Posted by salazarmml View Post
    Amen! People also said this about Steve Kuclo AND John De La Rosa. I think Victor looked really good for 3 weeks out, his chest and back looked crazy. His legs are really flat but definitely tree trunks, It will be interesting to see him trim down and cut water so all his striations will come out. I think Victor has a chance at taking Kai's spot at the O. Just my .02
    he was OFF that show.
    and I have no doubt that Victor will be ready come show time. 4 weeks is an eternity

I wish pros would stay closer to contest shape in the offseason. If you're a top bodybuilder it only makes sense to stay in good shape for appearances/guest posing, not only that but it makes your prep that much easier.

Look at Jay, stays lean year round and is ready for the show 2-3 weeks out. Maintaining condition is a lot easier than getting in condition, at that point you can play around with your macros/"supps" and see what dials you in best. Whereas waiting until the last minute is not only the most stressful, but the least effective because at that point it's just a guessing game.

Jay at 4 weeks out last year:
    47664_10150326011680276_14917350275_15943306_3394543_n.jpg

i know i'm the minority here but i think he will be fine. alot of times they are on high sodium leading up to a show and we dont know how they will look until they pull the sodium. i dont think his "guru" will lead him down the wrong path either. phil heath does look great though and will probably be either #1 or #2 at the Olympia!

if you look at the his lower abdomen and the insertions of the erectors, he will be 90-95% in condition come show time, or at least has the potential to be. The hamstring/glute tie in will not be apparent and for that he may not be in the top 5, some quality competition for those spots.

Positives are the fact that he has brought up his legs and appears to have gained quality mass, if for some reason everyone comes in 90-95%, he could be challenging for top 3.

The best he looked was when working with Aceto, he seems to be the type of athlete that needs a coach/mentor...

i agree. he still has 4 weeks and we dont know what he will look like after dropping the sodium and water. i am willing to bet he will look just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HangingLegRaise View Post
    This is a really good point guys.....
    You also don't know how much or what he's eating, so you really can't judge whether or not its just dormant fooding bloating him out.

On a side note, Vic looks MUCH bigger than ever before.

I wish pros would stay closer to contest shape in the offseason. If you're a top bodybuilder it only makes sense to stay in good shape for appearances/guest posing, not only that but it makes your prep that much easier.

Look at Jay, stays lean year round and is ready for the show 2-3 weeks out. Maintaining condition is a lot easier than getting in condition, at that point you can play around with your macros/"supps" and see what dials you in best. Whereas waiting until the last minute is not only the most stressful, but the least effective because at that point it's just a guessing game.

yeah especially for those who get excessively heavy in the offseason. jay cutler is doing what pros of the past were doing (lee haney, shawn ray etc) who stayed closer to their competition weight.

Quote Originally Posted by timmylpratt View Post
    yeah especially for those who get excessively heavy in the offseason. jay cutler is doing what pros of the past were doing (lee haney, shawn ray etc) who stayed closer to their competition weight.
    The other thing is, Vic could easily be a TOP bodybuilder. It's not like he needs to add a ton of mass, just refine it. If you're trying to add a boatload of mass it makes more sense, but when you're "almost" there, just refine things instead of training like Oscar with heavy weight all the time.

I think Kai has figured this out and if he comes in a little bit better than NYP, he may overthrow Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    And how about 3. Kai has actually showed up in great shape on numerous occasions (not all, but many), whereas Victor is KNOWN for weak conditioning. So to even say "He's on schedule" is kinda' ridiculous-- I don't think he ever knows what it MEANS to be "on schedule". Either way, he looks stupid-soft for somebody competing in 3 weeks, that's all I'm saying.

-lifepulse
    Whoa, I'm on your side kiddo.

Thats an OLLLLD Pic brah. That picture was on facebook in 2009 around June. I remember cause at my very first show someone pulled it up on their phone.

Default Que vaina!!

Quote Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
    Dominicans are black, slaves were dropped off their aslo, just like haiti, cuba, and the U.S. an so on
    know ur history
    I'm Dominican. Many of us are mixed with African blood but not 100% of us. It's like a three part mix for the most part.Taino/Arawak/ native Carrib Indians, then Spanish then Black African. Depends what parts of the country you go to, but many (not all) Dominicans would be considered black or mulatto in the U.S., others look like most Latinos (mestizo), and some look white.
    Last edited by jpflex2010; August 21st, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

Thats a 2009 pic of Jay.But still jay this year looked betten then Vicrot in the off season.Victor gonna be smoked.

Spotter

IMO, I believe Vic can do it, If there is anyone that can come in right at the wire and take it. I'm sure its going to be tough, they all know it going to be tough, but I believe in the guy and feel he can pull this one off, LETS GO BIG VIC!

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

He has time. You'd be amazed what those guys can do in a short amount of time! Remember all that matters is how he looks on the day of the show!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

4 weeks is long enough to come in ,does not want to come in to stringy wants to be full and hard,lets wait till the show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    Thats an OLLLLD Pic brah. That picture was on facebook in 2009 around June. I remember cause at my very first show someone pulled it up on their phone.
    Thats right. that pic was from summer of 2009. Maybe 6 or 7 weeks out from olympia 2009

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast