Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Victor Martinez Guest Posing August 20, 2011. Four Weeks out from the Olympia

Looks great, he will be top 4-5 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    Thats an OLLLLD Pic brah. That picture was on facebook in 2009 around June. I remember cause at my very first show someone pulled it up on their phone.
    2009/2010 whatever, he was still 4 weeks out in that shot.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

It does'nt matter what you look like before the show. Only what you look like the day of the show. Hope he pulls it out, because his frame is still one of the best in the sport.
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

Read the comments and then watched the vidoes. He looked far better then what I was expecting. The gut wasn't actually that bad compared to his last showing and a few other guys that will be on the O stage. Quads look to have improved. He won't come in at 100% condition but will be in OK condition at the O.

Top 6....maybe top 4 with better then expected condition.
    Last edited by Donflex; August 21st, 2011 at 02:23 PM.

ouch

His gut at the Arnold looked way worse than it did now 4 weeks out...As a matter of fact his gut now is really no big deal I am sure at showtime his gut will be on point

For all those saying, "Give him a break, he's 4 weeks out", let's be realistic here:

1) conditioning has ALWAYS been Victor's weakness, CONSISTENTLY, at virtually EVERY show he has entered;
    2) look at somebody with consistently phenomenal conditioning, like Dorian Yates; he never said, "Yeah, I have 4 more weeks to make improvements"; at 4 weeks out, he was basically ready to step on stage and crush everybody; that's precisely why he was known for having some of the best conditioning ever-- he never played "catch up", he was ALWAYS ahead of schedule; at this stage of the game, why play a game and take a risk on "squeaking in" with good conditioning, especially when you appear to have thicker skin and never get grainy/dry?
    3) excess sodium would NOT make you look as soft as Victor did last night (and again, I was there); he literally had no striations in his body-- yes, his chest separated when he flexed hard, and a little bit in his lower back, but that was it

Again, I love Vic. He definitely looks bigger. Specifically, his thighs are looking the biggest/thickest they have in a LONG time. The size is back. I'm just saying, his conditioning, at this stage, sucks. And you heard it here first: it's probably going to suck on stage as well.

-lifepulse

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    For all those saying, "Give him a break, he's 4 weeks out", let's be realistic here:

1) conditioning has ALWAYS been Victor's weakness, CONSISTENTLY, at virtually EVERY show he has entered;
    2) look at somebody with consistently phenomenal conditioning, like Dorian Yates; he never said, "Yeah, I have 4 more weeks to make improvements"; at 4 weeks out, he was basically ready to step on stage and crush everybody; that's precisely why he was known for having some of the best conditioning ever-- he never played "catch up", he was ALWAYS ahead of schedule; at this stage of the game, why play a game and take a risk on "squeaking in" with good conditioning, especially when you appear to have thicker skin and never get grainy/dry?
    3) excess sodium would NOT make you look as soft as Victor did last night (and again, I was there); he literally had no striations in his body-- yes, his chest separated when he flexed hard, and a little bit in his lower back, but that was it

Again, I love Vic. He definitely looks bigger. Specifically, his thighs are looking the biggest/thickest they have in a LONG time. The size is back. I'm just saying, his conditioning, at this stage, sucks. And you heard it here first: it's probably going to suck on stage as well.

-lifepulse
    This, anybody that excuses him saying "oh it counts on the day of the show" is not recognizing the pattern taking place.

If anybody with conditioning issues doesn't look up to par, it just amplifies it. If it was someone like Munzer, you could give him the benefit of the doubt, but when conditioning has been an issue in the past people can be skeptical hippos.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post

-lifepulse
    Thats Why Phil Heath is so good.CONSISTENT, he comes in spot on at the Olympia and Even looked good,5th place,when he was sick the night before the olympia! Victor does struggle in holding on to his condition,even throuout the show it self where his look changes! That being Said Victor if Victor can show up in 07 shape he will be in the top 3 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
    It does'nt matter what you look like before the show. Only what you look like the day of the show. Hope he pulls it out, because his frame is still one of the best in the sport.
    Enough said. Just because he's less conditioned than Phil at 4 weeks out doesn't really mean anything. Minus the newfound protruding lower abdomen, he may have the best frame in the whole game.

^^^^^ And 4 weeks later Illl say I told you so.... lunch on you!

FYI guys, show is on Sept 16th! Not today, not yesterday, not the week before.. Still plenty of time..

Default Vic's conditioning

Ive noticed something the last few years on Vic. Look at some of the vids on here and Youtube when training with Joe Mcniel. I think its like 2 or more weeks out I'm thinking more. He looks huge, dry, and vascular. His arms have sort of that Branch Warren Dryness then shows up at the O with water and a whole lot smaller appearance. Thats just one example. Vic seems to be ready a few weeks too early. This year maybe he is trying to hit it dead on the week. Vic still needs to put on alot of size if he plans on competing with Jay and Branch (whos out) and others. Theres a noticable difference in each muscle compared to the top 2 or 3.

There is still 4 weeks left! What matters is the day of the show!

An experienced bodybuilder can change their body overnight. Look at Vic last year from night one to night two. Jay even talked about how he wasnt happy on the first night
    and almost had to go to the hospital dehydrating himself more overnight for that crispness. 4 weeks is plenty of time cut down. One small change in diet can make a profound difference in a matter of days.

Great for offseason conditioning but 4 weeks out...

wishing Vic the best! I really hope he nails his conditioning the day of the show.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast