Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Victor Martinez Guest Posing August 20, 2011. Four Weeks out from the Olympia

I hope the big guy brings it come show time, he could really shake things up. Not exactly a momentum building appearance here though.

I agree with the statement that he always looks dry and ready a few weeks out and then maybe tries to avoid looking too stringy and goes the opposite direction and loses the dryness and condition. Vic is one of those guys that need a real nutritionist that understands bb conditioning. I think this time he is trying to stay full until close to the show and then dry out. He looks big to me, more muscle everywhere, especially his legs. I'm crossing my fingers that this outstanding athlete finally brings the muscle and condition which he is so capable of.
    I have Kai in first, Victor second, Dennis third. Jay and Phil are battling for fourth... Just pulling your leg here, after all this is the IFBB!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post
    2009/2010 whatever, he was still 4 weeks out in that shot.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

"prep for Mr.Olympia 2008"

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetic Saiyan View Post
    yea his conditioning went down hill from there, looked bad at the o that year and was crushed by dexter

I didnt think he looked that bad for 4 weeks out. We will soon see at the olympia

lol @ posting a pic of Jay 4 weeks out from one of his worst showings

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Muscle View Post
    lol @ posting a pic of Jay 4 weeks out from one of his worst showings
    i agree., what a hell victor its not so bad in this vid., he definable have more size for sure., still 4 weeks to the O,. so i hope that he bring the condition from the Mr olympia 2007., and than we will see a tru battle in this year! and that pic of jay., lol., comon one of the worst years for him... so give the vic a break., and wait for the day of the show!!!! if he bring the condition.,,, somebody going to be in trouble trust me!

iWarrior

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    For all those saying, "Give him a break, he's 4 weeks out", let's be realistic here:

1) conditioning has ALWAYS been Victor's weakness, CONSISTENTLY, at virtually EVERY show he has entered;
    2) look at somebody with consistently phenomenal conditioning, like Dorian Yates; he never said, "Yeah, I have 4 more weeks to make improvements"; at 4 weeks out, he was basically ready to step on stage and crush everybody; that's precisely why he was known for having some of the best conditioning ever-- he never played "catch up", he was ALWAYS ahead of schedule; at this stage of the game, why play a game and take a risk on "squeaking in" with good conditioning, especially when you appear to have thicker skin and never get grainy/dry?
    3) excess sodium would NOT make you look as soft as Victor did last night (and again, I was there); he literally had no striations in his body-- yes, his chest separated when he flexed hard, and a little bit in his lower back, but that was it

Again, I love Vic. He definitely looks bigger. Specifically, his thighs are looking the biggest/thickest they have in a LONG time. The size is back. I'm just saying, his conditioning, at this stage, sucks. And you heard it here first: it's probably going to suck on stage as well.

-lifepulse
    This post is the best one yet! Gotta love the internet know it alls.

Iron Addict

The guy who's got the genetic makeup and flow (minus the belly) out of ANY of the O competitors. Like a modern day Dillett with a SICK ASS BACK to boot! Jay's back is torn and his right side is shrunken, Kai has a short bloated torso and Phil is missing clavicles and a proper chest.

u never kno he still has time, and because phil looks good now doesnt mean hes gunna be on in 4 weeks anything cud happen
    instagram: lightsout50

Quote Originally Posted by lightsoutlekina View Post
    u never kno he still has time, and because phil looks good now doesnt mean hes gunna be on in 4 weeks anything cud happen
    Exactly....Like that pic people were posting of Jay 4 weeks out of the 08 Olympia...He looked sick but we all know he looked like shit at the O

Just like Kai did in the 2010 Olympia...Looked sick a few weeks out but off at the O

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    ^^^^^ And 4 weeks later Illl say I told you so.... lunch on you!
    winner winner chicken dinner?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

wow, way behind. Typical of victor though. I feel like he hasnt really hit his conditioning since before he blew his knee out.
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

he better start doing 500mg of dnp and cardio 2hrs a day...he most likely will die from doing it but hell at least he'll look good for once
    HSIT=HOMO SEX INTENSITY TRAINING

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Santi View Post
    Victor is NOT behind! As a matter of fact, he's right on schedule. It's kind of funny because if I remember correctly some months ago, everyone got a sneak peek of Kai a week or so before the NYP and many here were saying the very same thing on Kai being off or whatever to then fast forward to see Kai shut the negativity by coming into the show & win. The very same thing can be said about Phil weeks ago when he guest posed at a show next to Kai, especially knowing Kai had just done a show and Phil just getting into his prep. Give me a freakin break people! Here's a few tips for all you haters. The show is NOT today! Wait till they all stand together & finally... someone may look outstanding to you right about now but that doesn't mean he'll look outstanding come game day & vice versa! Anything can happen from here on in so don't judge until game day is all I'm saying.
    I'm with you, he should be fine. 4 weeks is more time that people think because he isn't one that "grows into shows" like Heath and Levrone, he is quite the opposite IMO and if he works hard, he will be BIG when the show comes and his conditioning will be either good or great, and that will be obvious at pre-judging.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345