Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Liberatore 6 Days out from the 2011 Phoenix Pro

Default Mike Liberatore 6 Days out from the 2011 Phoenix Pro

Mike Recently competed at the Europa Dallas and took 5th to Mark Alvisi in 4th. The are looking for a repeat in addition to others such as Troy Alves, Hidetada Yamagishi, Ed Nunn and more, so it should turn out to be a pretty good IFBB Pro Bodybuilding COntest.

In this video Mike reviews what little he's changing from last week to this week as well as tweaking some things based on experience such as getting over the fear of eating too much. In this game, sometimes more is good but how does one make that decision? Sometimes it depends on or relies on a 3rd party to make unemotional decisions based on how the athlete looks at that very moment.
    "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Great video, great interview!
    Hoping Mike has a good showing this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik133 View Post

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

cool vid. Mike's looking ready!

I think the new 212 division is made for him!

I like his classic look.

^^^^ He just told you he is "too tall" for that division...he weighted in at 225lbs on stage at Dallas Europa...why would he lose muscle he dieted and trained so hard for to drop down to 212?

Example of an IFBB pro that made a bad decision by dropping down in the now 202 class is Mark Dugdale, who took a close 2nd a few years ago in the open Iron Man and hasn't achieved much in the 202lbs division. Thankfully it's being upped to 212 so Mark will have a better shot next year.

Thanks to MD for the Mike Liberatore coverage, guy seems like a very likeable down to earth pro. Gotta give him credit for grinding it (like he said it's his job to compete), hopefully he'll soon get more credit for his showings...he could have been 4th place in Dallas ahead of Mark Alvisi. Still good for Mike that he hasn't tried to outgrow his frame, he's kept a streamlined physique with good clean lines, no gut at all. The type of effort should be rewarded...Ronnie Rockel has to "pay his dues"...maybe someday soon Mike will have done the same. With a bit more improvement on his back and chest he could be really dangerous in these shows. I hope he gets a top 3 placing soon either way. Wishing Mike all the best.

More pros out to take notes form Mike on how to repeat good conditioning more than once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    ^^^^ He just told you he is "too tall" for that division...he weighted in at 225lbs on stage at Dallas Europa...why would he lose muscle he dieted and trained so hard for to drop down to 212?

Example of an IFBB pro that made a bad decision by dropping down in the now 202 class is Mark Dugdale, who took a close 2nd a few years ago in the open Iron Man and hasn't achieved much in the 202lbs division. Thankfully it's being upped to 212 so Mark will have a better shot next year.

Thanks to MD for the Mike Liberatore coverage, guy seems like a very likeable down to earth pro. Gotta give him credit for grinding it (like he said it's his job to compete), hopefully he'll soon get more credit for his showings...he could have been 4th place in Dallas ahead of Mark Alvisi. Still good for Mike that he hasn't tried to outgrow his frame, he's kept a streamlined physique with good clean lines, no gut at all. The type of effort should be rewarded...Ronnie Rockel has to "pay his dues"...maybe someday soon Mike will have done the same. With a bit more improvement on his back and chest he could be really dangerous in these shows. I hope he gets a top 3 placing soon either way. Wishing Mike all the best.
    I definitely think with more back and chest thickness that Mike could snag an Olympia qualification at any show, save maybe the Arnold.

When this guy flexes, his muscles just pop. You know when hes not flexing you might even think hes soft cause you hardly see striations and veins but then he does a side chest and hes hard as fuuuuck. Also when he did the incline movement at 8.53, his chest looks awesome.

He looks a little soft, but the last six days are the drying period. I think he will walk on stage looking amazing. Dude is absolutely massive
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

I have always liked Mikes physique....very smart too. I like these smaller shows because the quality of BBers seems to be better (mass, shape, symmetry wise). You have Mike, Alves, Hide, Nunn! Great lineup!

youngitalianstallion

he's underrated....

is that a synthol lump at 3:30 in the left arm?
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

^ lol no.

very very underrated. would love to have this guys physique...... but with a better back and chest
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

talked to mike in pittsburgh at nationals. very cool guy one of my favorite pros on and off the stage. I'm sure he's reading this.

best of luck mike!

in before he gets robbed again....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast