Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 1256

Thread: glucose disposal agents

  1. #35
    Team Gaspari Deserusan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,212
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Have you ever done any blood glucose tests with any GDA'S. I have. 5 tests per meal. With and without my GDA program. I have glucose measurements as high as 210 1/2 hour after meal without GDA'S. I have never seen a reading higher than 160 with them! I believe in self experimentation. The proof is in the pudding and my glucometer is the pudding. While all you guys keep posting studies I'm doing my own tests on my personal response to foods which is what you guys should be doing. In fact I believe any bodybuilder that doesnt use a glucose meter is not worth discussing this topic with which is why I no longer desire to .

    Also Picolinate is TOXIC and not on the GRAS list where polynicotinate is not toxic and IS on the GRAS list and has MUCH more availability to the body
    http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/chromium.htm

    All you guys are right! THEY DONT WORK! So dont bother using them.
    I would actually like to get a Glucometer. Can you recommend a good one? As for studies, I don't base 100% of my opinion on them. I'm my own lab rat too and they didn't do much for me. I'm like a natural Duchaine if that's kosher to say...lol.
    Heretic


  2. #36

    Default

    You've got to keep into account that some things work for some and not for others.

    For instance, many of the recent studies on glutamine show there is no evidence that it is beneficial in oral form at doses most bodybuilders can afford. however, I've taken glutamine on and off ro 7 years now and I cantell you for a FACT that if I keep glutamine 30 Grams or above everyday, I don't get sick. If I don't take glutamine, I'll get a sinus infection tha tleads to upper resp infection and bronchitis. The one year I didn't use glutamine I got bronchitis 3 times and was almost hospitalized (in a 6 month span). I have extremely bad asthma/sinuses and get upper resp infections easily. By simply keeping my glutamine up the last 16 months, I have not had 1 bout (KNOCK ON WOOD).

    Now back to the GDA's, cuz I want to keep learning.

  3. #37
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post
    I would actually like to get a Glucometer. Can you recommend a good one? As for studies, I don't base 100% of my opinion on them. I'm my own lab rat too and they didn't do much for me. I'm like a natural Duchaine if that's kosher to say...lol.

    First of all those who know duchaines history know that yes, he was a drug guru but was also one of the pioneering geniuses behind nutritional intake and supplement use as well as timing. In fact Dan is SOLELY resposible for the production of ION EXCHANGE whey protein as well as VANADYL SULFATE. I use mostly all of his nutritional #'s. Im sure you see glucometer ads all day on TV. I like Bayer products. 10 test disc, self enclosed and extremely accurate. They just came out with a 24 hour monitor that is reading blood sugar at a constant rate sending the results to a base. They are prescription only at this point but I'm sure wont be for long. THATS THE TICKET THERE! Minute by minute monitoring. http://www.qfac.com/advice/dan.html
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  4. #38
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    You've got to keep into account that some things work for some and not for others.

    For instance, many of the recent studies on glutamine show there is no evidence that it is beneficial in oral form at doses most bodybuilders can afford. however, I've taken glutamine on and off ro 7 years now and I cantell you for a FACT that if I keep glutamine 30 Grams or above everyday, I don't get sick. If I don't take glutamine, I'll get a sinus infection tha tleads to upper resp infection and bronchitis. The one year I didn't use glutamine I got bronchitis 3 times and was almost hospitalized (in a 6 month span). I have extremely bad asthma/sinuses and get upper resp infections easily. By simply keeping my glutamine up the last 16 months, I have not had 1 bout (KNOCK ON WOOD).

    Now back to the GDA's, cuz I want to keep learning.
    Besides the immune system, GLUTAMINE happens to be better at disposing of glycogen than any thing else its been touted for. In fact I only use glutamine for that one reason. However I find it ONLY to be effective when taken on empty stomach. For some reason, I have no answer for, I dont seem to fill the muscle as well when glutamine or creatine is taken with food. Also I notice certain brands of glutamine appear to be useless. I swear by PROLAB for both glutamine and creatine. Vitamin World makes an excellent glutamine product! Again this is MY personal experience and never what I consistantly read.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  5. #39
    Iron Addict Dopetastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    I know LG Sciences is kind of a shady company but they used to give away a product with masterdrol i think that was called SLIN. i still have a bottle from somewhere. heres whats in it...

    ALPHA LIPOIC ACID...125MG

    INSULIN POTENTIATOR COMPLEX...630MG
    Momordica charantia (bitter melon)
    Gluconorolactone
    Vanadyl Sulfate

    sound useful?
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

  6. #40
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeR34GTR View Post
    I know LG Sciences is kind of a shady company but they used to give away a product with masterdrol i think that was called SLIN. i still have a bottle from somewhere. heres whats in it...

    ALPHA LIPOIC ACID...125MG

    INSULIN POTENTIATOR COMPLEX...630MG
    Momordica charantia (bitter melon)
    Gluconorolactone
    Vanadyl Sulfate

    sound useful?
    Could be, I dont know. Ill say it just one more time. BUY A GLUCOSE METER AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESNT> Scroll up and read. Thats all I can say.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  7. #41
    Iron Addict Dopetastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    here
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

  8. #42
    Iron Addict Dopetastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Could be, I dont know. Ill say it just one more time. BUY A GLUCOSE METER AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESNT> Scroll up and read. Thats all I can say.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeR34GTR View Post
    GDA's look interesting based on what you have posted here. what brand do you usually buy and where do you get them? i would like to get a blood glucose meter and try this shit out for myself.

    here
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

  9. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Besides the immune system, GLUTAMINE happens to be better at disposing of glycogen than any thing else its been touted for. In fact I only use glutamine for that one reason. However I find it ONLY to be effective when taken on empty stomach. For some reason, I have no answer for, I dont seem to fill the muscle as well when glutamine or creatine is taken with food. Also I notice certain brands of glutamine appear to be useless. I swear by PROLAB for both glutamine and creatine. Vitamin World makes an excellent glutamine product! Again this is MY personal experience and never what I consistantly read.
    You're so right. I take glutamine ONLY on an empty stomach. Perhaps you could use Glutamine Peptides with food..

    I have a buddy that would take 30 grams of glutamine pre workout eevery now and then jsut because how full and pumped it made him.

    ALR just recommended a glutamine protocol to me that I want to do, but I dont' have enough onhand. It was something similar to what my friend did, but you do it 5 or 6 times in a day.

  10. #44
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Two more GDA tips, Take at bed on empty stomach and it will do two things one is lower blood sugar to maximize lipid usage during sleep and two lower blood sugar to the point where it knocks you on your ass since it is removing blood sugar from a stable resting point for a GREAT nite sleep. The second is take it UPON RISING EMPTY stomach prior to AM cardio to drop blood sugar to the point where you again maximize lipid usage during the cardio session. Remember one thing, the liver will ALWAYS replenish blood sugar back to its normal levels given enough time unlike prescription GDA'S that dispose of glycogen as well as shut down liver glucose output. So the window of opportunity becomes limited with otc GDA's
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  11. #45
    Iron Addict Dopetastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    tipsta are you not seeing my questions?
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

  12. #46
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeR34GTR View Post
    tipsta are you not seeing my questions?

    Ask again Just dont ask me something I have anwered in a previous post like the one before. I said my only experience is with chrom and vanadyl then you ask me about some lg product. Like Dave says in his thread. Take the time to read first before asking questions. Dont mean to be a dick but I get tired of repeating myself.

    I ONLY use Solaray ACTICHROM and Vitamin World Vanadyl
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  13. #47
    Amateur Threat nutratroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    under a palm tree
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Tipsta- Great Post! Very informative.

    Sidenote*- LG is not Shady, to say the least. I personally know the Owner and they use a great raws broker and try to be cutting edge, nothing copy cat. I personally never used slin, but Tipsta is right, buy a glucometer and let us know your real world test*

    ALR suggest to use 4 grams of L-Arg with Glutamine between meals too. He suggest the synergy creates better results. Do you use any Arg. products or NO's? (hoss, correct me if I am wrong...long day. I am at the Europa)

    Tipsta-Actually, what do you use for OTC supps?
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder

  14. #48

    Default

    In the post ALR answered for me, he never said anything about Arg, but it would MAKE SENSE if you thought about it...

    I got into an arguement with someone over this... this local "supp guru" claims that arg and glut interfere w/ the uptake of each other...I thought to myself...I can't type what I thought out of respect to others LOL

  15. #49
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nutratroy View Post
    Tipsta- Great Post! Very informative.

    Sidenote*- LG is not Shady, to say the least. I personally know the Owner and they use a great raws broker and try to be cutting edge, nothing copy cat. I personally never used slin, but Tipsta is right, buy a glucometer and let us know your real world test*

    ALR suggest to use 4 grams of L-Arg with Glutamine between meals too. He suggest the synergy creates better results. Do you use any Arg. products or NO's? (hoss, correct me if I am wrong...long day. I am at the Europa)

    Tipsta-Actually, what do you use for OTC supps?
    Back in the day when GH enhancers (ARGININE,ORNITHINE and LYSINE) were the IN THING, I would take 10,000 mgs arginine, 5000 mgs ornithine and 2500 mgs lysine, 2 a day. Upon rising (empty stomach) and at bed ( empty stomach) I SWORE by them but Looking back I see it was the No2 production that was impressing me. Once I was better directed nutritionally I found out that the more red meat I ate the less the GH enhancers had an effect. in 1992 I was introduced to CREATINE which for those who dont know, CREATINE is just a combination of 3 amino acids ( ARGININE, GLYCINE AND METHIONINE) Creatine is the ONLY arginine product I take and as most know I ONLY take on empty stomach but I never heard of it to help dispose of glycogen however, my own belief is if it helps hemodialate the cell then obviously more glycogen can enter the cell. I am also a believer that when taking ONE specific amino acid for ONE specific reason it should be taken alone without food on empty stomach. This is why I NEVER EVER take creatine with glutamine like some. I truly do believe they use the same receptor sites and taking together will inhibit absorbtion.

    My supp program is....AT EVERY MEAL Multi vit/min with a MINIMUM 40 mgs ALL "B" vits, 1000mgs vit "C", 1000mgs Lysine, Digestive enzymes.

    Meal 1,2,4,6 Chrom and vanadyl

    Upon rising, prior to training and at bed 7 GRAMS glutamine (EMPTY STOMACH)

    Following workout 7 GRAMS Creatine (Empty stomach)

    1500mgs Glucosomine Sulfate, 1200mgs Chrondroitin Sulfate, 500 MSM, 50 mgs Hyaluronic acid.......TWICE A DAY.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  16. #50
    Iron Addict Dopetastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Ask again Just dont ask me something I have anwered in a previous post like the one before. I said my only experience is with chrom and vanadyl then you ask me about some lg product. Like Dave says in his thread. Take the time to read first before asking questions. Dont mean to be a dick but I get tired of repeating myself.

    I ONLY use Solaray ACTICHROM and Vitamin World Vanadyl

    woah. i was just asking because sometimes posts get skipped over and i have read all of your posts regarding this matter and i must have missed the info i was looking for. and i wasnt asking about the lg product because i thought you had any experience with it, i was asking to get your take on the ingredients and the formulation.
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

  17. #51
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    I just realized something. For those who dont know how a glucose meter could help. Its very simple. The higher the blood sugar rises following a meal, the more insulin is released in response. The highest I like to see my sugar rise is about 160. Once you go beyond that the insulin surge becomes greater than desired. This is why Im so passionate about GDA'S. Whether its the Vanadyl removing the blood sugar BEFORE the insulin is signaled or the Chrom helping the insulin work better. Blood sugar NEVER reaches the the level it would normally reach without GDA'S.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •