Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: glucose disposal agents

Quote Originally Posted by mikeR34GTR View Post
    woah. i was just asking because sometimes posts get skipped over and i have read all of your posts regarding this matter and i must have missed the info i was looking for. and i wasnt asking about the lg product because i thought you had any experience with it, i was asking to get your take on the ingredients and the formulation.

Sorry!....LOL Like I said with 2.5 weeks till the FLORIDA, Im getting LOOPY!!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Sorry!....LOL Like I said with 2.5 weeks till the FLORIDA, Im getting LOOPY!!!!

no prob. your above post is very helpful for people like myself that dont know shit about this subject. thanks for all the info.
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

no prob. your above post is very helpful for people like myself that dont know shit about this subject. thanks for all the info.
    A tutto c'è rimedio, fuorchè alla morte.

What does that Italian shit say?

there is a remedy for everything except death

there is a remedy for everything except death

100% Italian here and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% Italian here and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol im half but my family is very "Italian"

Spotter

Thanks for all the great info Tipsta. I recently purchased Bodyopus online, just waiting for it to get sent to my house. Is all this information discussed in the book? Also, i know Lyle McDonald discusses GDA's. Did you find his book, Ultimate Diet 2.0 to be helpful??

Quote Originally Posted by JLopez4 View Post
    Thanks for all the great info Tipsta. I recently purchased Bodyopus online, just waiting for it to get sent to my house. Is all this information discussed in the book? Also, i know Lyle McDonald discusses GDA's. Did you find his book, Ultimate Diet 2.0 to be helpful??

Bodyopus is GREAT. Not for its actual content, which is all about ketogenic dieting, but it will educate the shit out of you when it comes to glycogen depletion as well as loading. Not just loading to compete but what I always knew, but never read, until bodyopus is that until the muscle is in a SUPER SATURATED state a TRUE DRUG LIKE ANABOLIC reaction does not take place! Duchaines ability to saturate the muscle far beyond what is normally possible is what really excited me. Not just with GDA's but the explanation that there are several things required to MAXIMIZE glycogen storage, WATER, SODIUM, MINERALS and AMINO ACIDS. I found the book to be VERY repetitive but it ended up being a very important link that I added to my chain. The one thing NEVER covered though is how to and how much and when to take GDA'S. That I learned from the schoolcrafts who as most know. PEGGY SCHOOLCRAFT ex IFBB pro who went Pro through the natural ranks was prepped personally by DAN. Whats really funny is that I think Duchaine was more beneficial to the drug free competitor than the drug using ones. After reading Body Opus you will too.

Tipsta- Thank you for the informative read. I think Sioux should sticky this in all seriousness.
    IFBB PRO/Team Gaspari Athlete/Oddo's Pro Angels/Team Pro Tan
    www.Krissychin.com

One other thing I think is important to cover is the headache thing. The most asked question is about Vanadyl and headaches. I myself am slightly HYPOGLYCEMIC which I truly believe has helped me make gains beyond most naturals. The reason I believe this and its just my take is that I had SLIGHTLY more insulin to store nutrients at a higher level but I also noticed as I got bigger than most I got fatter too! The reason I bring this up is because anyone who is HYPOGLYCEMIC knows that the FIRST sign of low blood sugar is that NAGGING headache. Next comes the anxiety and heavy breathing . Generally in that order. The reason for the headaches is that VANADYL WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!! The headaches generally occur when there is not enough glycogen to dispose of and it takes your blood sugar below the norm of 90 to 110 or too much Vanadyl was taken, which is why I suggest using the MINIMUM amounts and ONLY increase if necessary. Being hypoglycemic, which becomes NON EXISTANT with GDA'S, I never use more than 10 mgs, 4 a day. I find this to be VERY true by taking at nite on empty stomach. I wake up with a vicious headache and blood sugar levels at about 55 to 75.
    Last edited by Tipsta; August 9th, 2007 at 11:18 AM.

Tipsta, I totally agree. I tend to go hypo pretty easily myself. I must pay careful attention to hitting high GI stuff post workout and make sure that I get something complex in me pretty rapidly there after. Going hypo isn't a good feeling.
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    Tipsta, I totally agree. I tend to go hypo pretty easily myself. I must pay careful attention to hitting high GI stuff post workout and make sure that I get something complex in me pretty rapidly there after. Going hypo isn't a good feeling.
    GDA'S Are MOST beneficial to those with blood sugar issues, whether its high or low blood sugar. I have seen people lower or completely go off insulin with GDA'S. For those with diabetic conditions its a no brainer how it helps. For those who have low blood sugar seem to think this will only add to the problem as I at first did. When I was first introduced to them I thought , sure, thats all I need is to take something thats gonna put me in a hypoglycemic coma. When It was explained HOW they worked I gave it a shot and can count on both hands how many times I had a hypoglycemic issue to this day. Hypoglycemia is an EXCESS amount of insulin which in return takes your blood sugar LOWER than originally prior to eating. GDA'S, especially chromium, work by ASSISTING your insulin do a more efficient job thus allowing the body to do the same job with LESS insulin. The Vanadyl will begin to remove glycogen on its own even before the pancreas is signaled to release insulin so again even less will be needed. This is why it is AWESOME for hypoglycemia in minimum doses. HOWEVER, whether you do or dont have blood sugar issues in LARGE doses it WILL create a HYPOGLYCEMIC condition. PERIOD!!! I've actually had ketones on my breath numerous times using about 315 carbs a day. My training is also VERY extreme but it was no doubt the HIGH amounts of GDA'S

Tipsta, really enjoying reading all these GDA posts. I agree with Krissy. I think they should be stickied.

Just a curious question. Why do you guys think it is that with its amazing health benefits and all its ability to truly increase the quality of life I am one of the only ones besides DAN DUCHAINE who see the insane drug like ability these simple minerals bring to the table. I have a ton of MD mags from mid 90's and every other page has an ad for vanadyl. I'll try to scan and post. My take is that they only truly work with the proper amount of glycogen and insulin and most, back before we understood how to calculate macronutrients, just shot from the hip when it came to their diet. So they never saw any benefit. Also I think the whole INSULIN / GI thing was also non existant as it is not today!!!

GDA'S Are MOST beneficial to those with blood sugar issues, whether its high or low blood sugar. I have seen people lower or completely go off insulin with GDA'S. For those with diabetic conditions its a no brainer how it helps. For those who have low blood sugar seem to think this will only add to the problem as I at first did. When I was first introduced to them I thought , sure, thats all I need is to take something thats gonna put me in a hypoglycemic coma. When It was explained HOW they worked I gave it a shot and can count on both hands how many times I had a hypoglycemic issue to this day. Hypoglycemia is an EXCESS amount of insulin which in return takes your blood sugar LOWER than originally prior to eating. GDA'S, especially chromium, work by ASSISTING your insulin do a more efficient job thus allowing the body to do the same job with LESS insulin. The Vanadyl will begin to remove glycogen on its own even before the pancreas is signaled to release insulin so again even less will be needed. This is why it is AWESOME for hypoglycemia in minimum doses. HOWEVER, whether you do or dont have blood sugar issues in LARGE doses it WILL create a HYPOGLYCEMIC condition. PERIOD!!! I've actually had ketones on my breath numerous times using about 315 carbs a day. My training is also VERY extreme but it was no doubt the HIGH amounts of GDA'S
    I totally agree! I wasn't so much talking about GDA's as I was high GI foods making me bottom out. I was eating a lot of white potatos at one point and about 30 minutes after a meal I was shaking and sweating. I finally realized that the white potatos were absolutely killing me. I was even eating them with red meat and it didn't help. So much for fats slowing gastric emptying...lol. I have a very hard time gaining weight. I usually go up to 800-1,000g's of carbs a day in the off-season and my weight will still stall in the low 250's. Okay, that was a tangent...none the less it's frustrating!
    Nutrex Research

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    I totally agree! I wasn't so much talking about GDA's as I was high GI foods making me bottom out. I was eating a lot of white potatos at one point and about 30 minutes after a meal I was shaking and sweating. I finally realized that the white potatos were absolutely killing me. I was even eating them with red meat and it didn't help. So much for fats slowing gastric emptying...lol. I have a very hard time gaining weight. I usually go up to 800-1,000g's of carbs a day in the off-season and my weight will still stall in the low 250's. Okay, that was a tangent...none the less it's frustrating!

LOW 250'S DAMN!!!!! OMG you are the first that ever commented on the red meat/ insullin thing. To those who dont know, RED MEAT one of the highest insulin releasing protein because of its amino acid profile from what I've found out, which is why I use PWO with WHITE POTATO. You sound just like me. I'd eat 10 oz top round and 22 oz of potato which is 100 grams carbs and an hour later you would swear I just SHOT HEROINE. In fact now, when I carb up for a show its 100 grams carbs 6 to 8 a day ALL WHITE POTATO and not one bit of fatigue. You are right!!! Screw the fat thing for slowing down digestion. From my experience the amount of fat needed to do such a job is more than we use in our diets.

LOW 250'S DAMN!!!!! OMG you are the first that ever commented on the red meat/ insullin thing. To those who dont know, RED MEAT one of the highest insulin releasing protein because of its amino acid profile from what I've found out, which is why I use PWO with WHITE POTATO. You sound just like me. I'd eat 10 oz top round and 22 oz of potato which is 100 grams carbs and an hour later you would swear I just SHOT HEROINE. In fact now, when I carb up for a show its 100 grams carbs 6 to 8 a day ALL WHITE POTATO and not one bit of fatigue. You are right!!! Screw the fat thing for slowing down digestion. From my experience the amount of fat needed to do such a job is more than we use in our diets.
    BTW, I'm 6' with no shoes on, so 250 isn't that big when you're that tall! I was eating 8-10 oz's of cube steak with as many potatos as I could eat and it would drop me through the floor like clockwork. I have heard of quite a few guys carbing up with that, I'm sure it would be effective. I seem to be fine when I eat red eat in other combinations or even by itself, but with the white potatos in there it's disaster for me! I agree that the typical bodybuilding diet doesn't have enough fat in it to have much more than a slight impact on release rates. I'm glad that someone feels my pain and can relate to how my body handles certain foods!!!!
    Nutrex Research

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast