Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: glucose disposal agents

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    BTW, I'm 6' with no shoes on, so 250 isn't that big when you're that tall! I was eating 8-10 oz's of cube steak with as many potatos as I could eat and it would drop me through the floor like clockwork. I have heard of quite a few guys carbing up with that, I'm sure it would be effective. I seem to be fine when I eat red eat in other combinations or even by itself, but with the white potatos in there it's disaster for me! I agree that the typical bodybuilding diet doesn't have enough fat in it to have much more than a slight impact on release rates. I'm glad that someone feels my pain and can relate to how my body handles certain foods!!!!

NOTHING LIKE A GOD CASE OF THE NODS!!!>>>LOL
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    LOW 250'S DAMN!!!!! OMG you are the first that ever commented on the red meat/ insullin thing. To those who dont know, RED MEAT one of the highest insulin releasing protein because of its amino acid profile from what I've found out, which is why I use PWO with WHITE POTATO. You sound just like me. I'd eat 10 oz top round and 22 oz of potato which is 100 grams carbs and an hour later you would swear I just SHOT HEROINE. In fact now, when I carb up for a show its 100 grams carbs 6 to 8 a day ALL WHITE POTATO and not one bit of fatigue. You are right!!! Screw the fat thing for slowing down digestion. From my experience the amount of fat needed to do such a job is more than we use in our diets.
    what?

red meat=insuiln release?
    can you go into more detail about that one?

Now I have never checked my blood sugar level, but I can say that taking 40g WMS pre W/O makes me feel like I'm on crack. Conversely, the same 40g WMS post W/O puts me through the floor and gives me the sweats with almost a delusional feeling. And no I almost never have to drive home. Is this some of the symptoms that you are explaining?

Quote Originally Posted by jerzey View Post
    what?

red meat=insuiln release?
    can you go into more detail about that one?
    Not much to go into. All whole protein raises insulin to some extent. Red meat seems to have a greater impact than most other food sources. I believe its because of its amino acid profile but not 1005 on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbz View Post
    Now I have never checked my blood sugar level, but I can say that taking 40g WMS pre W/O makes me feel like I'm on crack. Conversely, the same 40g WMS post W/O puts me through the floor and gives me the sweats with almost a delusional feeling. And no I almost never have to drive home. Is this some of the symptoms that you are explaining?

Dont really know what WMS is but I'm assumin waxy maize and I have ZERO expertrience with that. However 40 grams carbs from any food source really isnt much to have any effects with unless its EXTREMELY high GI and I believe it is. Dave is the GURU on that. Ask him, I'm curious.

Lieutenant

The thing with resitricting is that it messes with cell communication when you play with chemistry. AS does high sugar presence of it's own merit. The fish oils can be effective in conjunction with the sugar presence as one might try work around a measure of them as the dumping progresses.
    I dont know what this is wotrh to you, and i dont have time to read past page 2, but providing you keep up your AA profile, lemon juice is reeally effective in negating sugars and then soda water to assist peeing it out,. i also use dry red wine and a fibre supplement to help eliminate any excess.
    Probably somewhat contraversal, but something that has been effective for myself for yrs .
    Cheap as chips..
    100 - 200 ml shots x 3 daily . rising am - early after noon - before bed . before last AA.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

I am a firm believer in Vanadyl myself. The only problem I usually have the first week is horrible headaches with just one tablet of vanadyl sulfate and that is taken with a carb containing meal. The headaches usually go away after a week though.

great thread. it has been a while since i took vanadyl. i think i was 16 and had no idea what it did. now i can redeem myself. kudos to tipsta!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus View Post
    The thing with resitricting is that it messes with cell communication when you play with chemistry. AS does high sugar presence of it's own merit. The fish oils can be effective in conjunction with the sugar presence as one might try work around a measure of them as the dumping progresses.
    I dont know what this is wotrh to you, and i dont have time to read past page 2, but providing you keep up your AA profile, lemon juice is reeally effective in negating sugars and then soda water to assist peeing it out,. i also use dry red wine and a fibre supplement to help eliminate any excess.
    Probably somewhat contraversal, but something that has been effective for myself for yrs .
    Cheap as chips..
    100 - 200 ml shots x 3 daily . rising am - early after noon - before bed . before last AA.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

I have just one response to this...............................WHAT?

Lieutenant

Dont mind me. I just use it to buffer the liver disease I'd rather not die from at sugar dump times and to stay lean while I train my ass off.

Quick tip. Pure Vanadyl Sulfate is bluish green in color. Since mislabeling is such a big issue today with all these supp companies I thought this was important to bring up. I have no clinical tests on any brands but just from the cosmetics of some companies products, there are some poor Vanadyl products on the market. I NEVER EVER use anything but Vitamin World Vanadyl. Cosmetically they are EXTREMELY bluish green speckled where others, and I'm not saying it's bad, but Ultimate Nutrition is virtually pure white. Also Vitamin World is coated. Back in the day Sportpharma made a PH coated product. Even Bodyfx2 commented once they were IMPRESSIVE. They were PURE blue in color.

Also remember NEVER EVER use Chromium PICOLINATE. For one it's useless but more important it is TOXIC and not on the GRAS list. Niacin bound Chromium is the ONLY chrom to use. Chromium POLYNICOTINATE is NOT TOXIC and is on the GRAS list.

http://www.oralchelation.com/ingred/chromium.htm
    Last edited by Tipsta; August 10th, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

Wow,amazing stuff.I too am severly hypoglycemic.I am taking your recomendations and storing all on my PC.Right now I am on a keto diet(palumbo)so its uyseless.When I bulk later this year I will defenitley do all you wrote about.

I am natural too.I get accused of steroids alot yet the same people tell me that I am covered in blubber.The insulin I always believed was the reason I grow natural and get so fat at same time.The way you wrote all your findings on this post....lets just say I felt so sad and wished I had found this earlier.

Tipsta,what do you think about cinamon and vinegar.Ive tried them and noticed an improvement with less skin bloat and less harsh hypo symptoms.Vinegar is supoosed to slow down the time it takes for carbs to be digested in stomach and pass thru and cionamon has shown to be a GDA.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>Tipsta,since you mentioned that insulin is what makes big for a natural,is that all?Is your test naturally high or do you use test boosters?If its all insulin than baby im set
    Last edited by topgunner; September 2nd, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

hey tipsta,
    not sure if your still checking this thread but have an interesting product, would be good to get your views on it
    its made by an english company (maximuscle) and its called pump up.
    here's the ingredients list:

Per 1 capsule:
    Alpha-Lipoic acid (ALA) 100mg
    Niacin 50mg
    Vanadyl sulfate 30mg
    Chromium polynicotinate 400mcg
    Sodium selenate 66mcg

this looks to me like the ideal GDA to take one capsule before (at) your meals, what you reckon? its cheap as well but assured quality ingredients, very respected company britain. i've used it before and can confirm the blue/green speckles of vand sulf in the caps.
    if you reckon it seems like a good supp i will def do my own glucose monitoring to report back on its efficacy as a GDA.
    anyone else in britain/europe used this supp? its touted as a 'pump' product which i feel is more a by product of its action as a GDA, ay other thoughts?

tipsta, how that comp you were preppin for go?

Quote Originally Posted by topgunner View Post
    Wow,amazing stuff.I too am severly hypoglycemic.I am taking your recomendations and storing all on my PC.Right now I am on a keto diet(palumbo)so its uyseless.When I bulk later this year I will defenitley do all you wrote about.

I am natural too.I get accused of steroids alot yet the same people tell me that I am covered in blubber.The insulin I always believed was the reason I grow natural and get so fat at same time.The way you wrote all your findings on this post....lets just say I felt so sad and wished I had found this earlier.

Tipsta,what do you think about cinamon and vinegar.Ive tried them and noticed an improvement with less skin bloat and less harsh hypo symptoms.Vinegar is supoosed to slow down the time it takes for carbs to be digested in stomach and pass thru and cionamon has shown to be a GDA.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>Tipsta,since you mentioned that insulin is what makes big for a natural,is that all?Is your test naturally high or do you use test boosters?If its all insulin than baby im set

NO SUCH THING AS TEST BOOSTERS!!!! Do you really believe you can walk in a health food store and buy a product that will affect your hormones??? WAKE UP!!! Maybe there are some things that are available via on line but to me they are UNDERGROUND STEROIDS!!!!... What dont you understand about LIFETIME STEROID FREE?

How much lower are your blood sugar #'s with vinegar? You dont know, do you? You are watching too much NATURAL CURE SHIT!!! If you dont use a glucometer then you are driving youre car without a gas guage?
    Cinnamon is effective because its EXTREMELLY HIGH in CHROMIUM!!!
    Could you tell me HOW MANY MCGS are in a teaspoon of cinnamon? I cant either. Get my point!!! Like baking a cake. If it asks for 1 level tsp. then you use a measuring tsp and level it right? EXACT AMOUNTS for any recipe.

If you are hypo and DONT eat the PROPER amount of carbs with GDA's you will be in a constant hypoclycemic coma!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzéire View Post
    hey tipsta,
    not sure if your still checking this thread but have an interesting product, would be good to get your views on it
    its made by an english company (maximuscle) and its called pump up.
    here's the ingredients list:

Per 1 capsule:
    Alpha-Lipoic acid (ALA) 100mg
    Niacin 50mg
    Vanadyl sulfate 30mg
    Chromium polynicotinate 400mcg
    Sodium selenate 66mcg

this looks to me like the ideal GDA to take one capsule before (at) your meals, what you reckon? its cheap as well but assured quality ingredients, very respected company britain. i've used it before and can confirm the blue/green speckles of vand sulf in the caps.
    if you reckon it seems like a good supp i will def do my own glucose monitoring to report back on its efficacy as a GDA.
    anyone else in britain/europe used this supp? its touted as a 'pump' product which i feel is more a by product of its action as a GDA, ay other thoughts?

tipsta, how that comp you were preppin for go?

If you read my thread then you know I'm a believer in using the SMALLEST amounts to do the job. I use 200 mcgs chromium polynicotinate and 10 mgs vanadyl sulfate. That product is OVERKILL!!!!! I'm sure it has its uses for those that are type 2 diabetic or those who have major blood sugar disposal issues,who by the way are type 2 diabetic.

TOO MUCH VANADYL!!!
    TOO MUCH CHROMIUM!!! (GOOD TYPE THOUGH)
    No need for NIACIN because the CHROM is a NIACIN bound type.
    WRONG type of ala...NEEDS TO BE R-ALA

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    If you read my thread then you know I'm a believer in using the SMALLEST amounts to do the job. I use 200 mcgs chromium polynicotinate and 10 mgs vanadyl sulfate. That product is OVERKILL!!!!! I'm sure it has its uses for those that are type 2 diabetic or those who have major blood sugar disposal issues,who by the way are type 2 diabetic.

TOO MUCH VANADYL!!!
    TOO MUCH CHROMIUM!!! (GOOD TYPE THOUGH)
    No need for NIACIN because the CHROM is a NIACIN bound type.
    WRONG type of ala...NEEDS TO BE R-ALA
    It seems they discontinued super pump and now only have "super pump NO2"

http://www.maximuscle.com/pumpupno2

Looks like they lowered the chromium and vanadyl and ALa while adding
    NO2.Looks like a really good product now.

Tipsta,your right in what you said about vinegar and cinnamon.Its better to take certain dosages then to wing it.

If I may ask you what is your point of view on creatine and tetra5.I take a year off from BB'ing and when I come back I make incredible gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Incredible like starting with 40pound dumbell bench and doing 90 in 4 months.Then all of a sudden I lose everything and strength diminishes to point where now I use 60 pounds with much effort.

I am slowly learning that my body that at first is insulin sensitive becomes very insulin resistant as I work out and eat high protein/carbs.Then there is the creatine that I believe I have a ton of built up when i first hit the gym coming off my mcdonalds beef diet.When I start hitting the weights I go to chicken and egg whites exclusively and so I believe there is no creatine there so the body has to produce its own....not very efficent.

What is your take on taking creatine AND Tetra5 as they both enhance ATP output.Do they work in same pathway or would they enhance each other??

Tipsta:

This is great info on GDA. Should be a sticky somewhere or an article *hint hint MD science writers*. Anyways, I should this thread to a BB/researcher friend of mine. His questions were mainly in the length of usage. I said Id ask you for him.

#1 Basically, you only tested your blood sugar for 2 weeks? Does this protocol need to be cycled? His thing was 2 weeks isn't long enough to test effectiveness.

I personally dont think this is somewhere where the body really could/will "adapt" to what your doing like introducing extra Creatine or Testosterone. But I could be wrong here.

#2 My own question is you say you take our GDA supps with all meals expect meal 5. Is that your post-workout meal or shake or something?
    Can you elaborate on why not that meal.

Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast