Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: glucose disposal agents

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post
    Who knows. Talk is cheap compared to a wealth of research.

Please find me a source that shows cinnamon contains chromium. This should help explain cinnamon's effect as a GDR:
    So iI gather you are taking cinnamon like mad.

Talk is cheap but tell me something with all this pwo craze, High GI foods ,Insulin spike, did it ever occur to you just to go to the pharmacy and buy a glucometer to SEE INTERNALLY. To me its ABSURD to guess that 50 grams of white potato will raise my blood sugar the same as 75 grams of sweet. Not top blow my horn, but YES, I am way ahead of most when it comes to knowledge on this subject because of my blood glucose monitoring. Could you tell me how much insulin will release after the consumption of 50 grams carbs BROWN RICE. You cant, can you? Will 45 grams keep you below 150? WHY GUESS???

They now have a 24 hr monitor that sends signals to a base every minute if you desire. I just ordered one. Could you only imagine how much more I'm gonna learn when I can watch my blood sugar minute by minute as I eat and take my supps.

Why dont you just go outside and disconnect your gas guage on your car. No need for it.

GET MY POINT!!!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    200 mcg Chromium POLYNICOTINATE, 10 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate......Meal 1,2,4 and 6.

Glutamine ON EMPTY STOMACH 1/2 hour before meals. ( 7 Grams prior to training and at bedtime)
    hey Tipsta still have a question on timing. which meals are those for u? Me:

1 = breakfast
    2= mid-am snack
    3 = lunch
    4 = mid afternoon
    5 = pre-workout shake
    6 = post-workout shake
    7 = dinner
    8= bedtime shake

What I'm asking is what is your meal breakdown like other than the #s? And why on 3 and 5 do you omit using gda at these times?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnvil View Post
    hey Tipsta still have a question on timing. which meals are those for u? Me:

1 = breakfast
    2= mid-am snack
    3 = lunch
    4 = mid afternoon
    5 = pre-workout shake
    6 = post-workout shake
    7 = dinner
    8= bedtime shake

What I'm asking is what is your meal breakdown like other than the #s? And why on 3 and 5 do you omit using gda at these times?
    Im confused but....

1 Eggs and Instant Oatmeal
    2 Turkey and White Potato
    3 Whey and Sweet potato or Brown Rice or Old Fasioned Oats
    4 Top Round and White Potato
    5 Whey and Sweet Potato or Brown Rice or Old Fasioned Oats
    6 Turkey and White Potato

Gda's are only needed with High GI foods. Low GI foods keep insulin threshold LOW enough.

I do admire your passion for GDA's, however, some of your comments just rub me as ignorant rants. Simply saying "cinnamon has chromium", is a very brief explanation as to why it may be effective. After all, cinnamon's make up is much more elaborate than that right? If cinnamon just contained chromium, it wouldn't be cinnamon would it? That's right, it would be chromium. Looking at the make up of these compounds, testing each in their own right, is how you determine the effective compound(s), then proceed from there. This is how more effective compounds are made ie. cinnulin PF, etc.

Rick

And if were being that picky, the vitamin d you consume may tarnish your "being natural", if anything that alters hormones is a steroid (IMO a very ignorant statement).

Rick

Im confused but....

1 Eggs and Instant Oatmeal
    2 Turkey and White Potato
    3 Whey and Sweet potato or Brown Rice or Old Fasioned Oats
    4 Top Round and White Potato
    5 Whey and Sweet Potato or Brown Rice or Old Fasioned Oats
    6 Turkey and White Potato

Gda's are only needed with High GI foods. Low GI foods keep insulin threshold LOW enough.
    That pretty much answered it even though I confused you

I'm hoping this can help the crash I get after taking dextrose 40G with my post-workout shake. When I use the sugar like that I get really sleepy soon after and need to nap. People have told me that is a insulin spike/crash side effect.

I LOVE CARBS dare I say as far as real foods go. I was going to try that carb cycling thing low-high but I hated the idea I had to cut things like white potatoes (yum!) completely out (expect post workout). GDA seem to allow one to take in these safely without worrying about fat gain (thats for us meso/endo guys... lucky ectos!).

I know some say its placebo but I just placed an order for those 2 suggested and I will see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
    I do admire your passion for GDA's, however, some of your comments just rub me as ignorant rants. Simply saying "cinnamon has chromium", is a very brief explanation as to why it may be effective. After all, cinnamon's make up is much more elaborate than that right? If cinnamon just contained chromium, it wouldn't be cinnamon would it? That's right, it would be chromium. Looking at the make up of these compounds, testing each in their own right, is how you determine the effective compound(s), then proceed from there. This is how more effective compounds are made ie. cinnulin PF, etc.

Rick
    AGREED! Remember something. Chromium is just a mineral which as you know vitamins and minerals are in ALL food products. This cinnamon thing is SO OLD to me just like BREWERS YEAST!!!! If it didnt taste so rancid, it would be pushed as cinnamon is. BREWERS YEAST is an AMAZING GDA. I remember back in the 80's we were all putting BREWERS YEAST AND CINNAMON on all our carbs and 20 yrs ago we knew that the chrom was high in these foods. This to me is OLD HACK!!! Certain foods are extremelly effective because of their nutrient content. Vitamins and minerals are nutrients that feed our body to allow PROPER metabolic reactions to take place. If you are not aware of this fact ALL HIGH GI foods have VERY low to NO levels of all the minerals that allow the bodies insulin to function properly...MAINLY CHROMIUM. All low GI carbs have LARGE amounts. Any FOOD product that has an affect on a metabolic reaction has certain vitamins and minerals allowing it to do that. Its that simple!!! Its the nutrient content causing this to happen. Now if you can tell me something science hasnt discovered that helps the body utilize its insulin properly OTHER than certain MINERALS I'm listening.

And if were being that picky, the vitamin d you consume may tarnish your "being natural", if anything that alters hormones is a steroid (IMO a very ignorant statement).

Rick

POST PICS!!!!

That pretty much answered it even though I confused you

I'm hoping this can help the crash I get after taking dextrose 40G with my post-workout shake. When I use the sugar like that I get really sleepy soon after and need to nap. People have told me that is a insulin spike/crash side effect.

I LOVE CARBS dare I say as far as real foods go. I was going to try that carb cycling thing low-high but I hated the idea I had to cut things like white potatoes (yum!) completely out (expect post workout). GDA seem to allow one to take in these safely without worrying about fat gain (thats for us meso/endo guys... lucky ectos!).

I know some say its placebo but I just placed an order for those 2 suggested and I will see if it works.

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT BLOWS MY MIND!!! Why take 40 grams of dextrose after you train? DONT TELL ME .Its what you read to do. However, the crash afterwards isnt enough to tell you somethings not right. TOO FUNNY!!! Dont you think COMMON SENSE tells you if there is that much insulin to knock you out HOW IN THE HELL CAN THE THRESHOLD BE LOW ENOUGH TO ENTER THE MUSCLE CELL?? Dont tell me this either. Its after you train so you are depleted of glycogen and the insulin needs to spike to replenish. Right? If it takes a guy who is ALREADY depleted from contest dieting 2 to 3 days at virtually NO carbs to deplete, then how in the world can anyone deplete in a 45 minute workout? This shit is insane. Doesnt anybody use common sense.

Rick

What would you call a pill you could swallow and would alter chromosomes.

Dont tell me. Its not a steroid if its not classified as one with the DEA. Thats like thinking Victor conte wasnt giving STEROIDS to athletes since it was NON DETECTABLE because of non classification.

What would you call a pill you could swallow and would alter chromosomes.

Dont tell me. Its not a steroid if its not classified as one with the DEA. Thats like thinking Victor conte wasnt giving STEROIDS to athletes since it was NON DETECTABLE because of non classification.
    You missed my point, and the last statement you contradicted yourself. It didn't take science to tell me that.

And as far as posting pics, I'm unsure as to what point that proves? Other than your a better bodybuilder than I, at best.

Ignorance, knowledge and the utilization of knowledge/ignorance can produce results, no matter how you look at it. One application happens to be more effective, and that's the bottom line. Simple equation actually.

Rick

THIS IS THE SHIT THAT BLOWS MY MIND!!! Why take 40 grams of dextrose after you train? DONT TELL ME .Its what you read to do. However, the crash afterwards isnt enough to tell you somethings not right. TOO FUNNY!!! Dont you think COMMON SENSE tells you if there is that much insulin to knock you out HOW IN THE HELL CAN THE THRESHOLD BE LOW ENOUGH TO ENTER THE MUSCLE CELL?? Dont tell me this either. Its after you train so you are depleted of glycogen and the insulin needs to spike to replenish. Right? If it takes a guy who is ALREADY depleted from contest dieting 2 to 3 days at virtually NO carbs to deplete, then how in the world can anyone deplete in a 45 minute workout? This shit is insane. Doesnt anybody use common sense.
    Hey im trying to get some advice here it doesn't make sense to me thats why Ive been seeking alternatives. the HIGH GI CARBS POST-WORKOUT is like a mantra all over. How to apply this or not to my own training is where I'm having the dilemma.

The reason for the insulin spike post workout Ive been told in readings is : 1) replace spent glycogen [ you addressed this above] 2) to push aminos from whey/creatine/b-a/whatever under the sun into the muscle cells.

Im 180 5'7 16% bf (meso/endo). My high fat % is the reason I dont like to the idea of using a ton of dextose because I think it doesnt help to get any leaner as you grow. In fact, I read on T-Nation or Here (I forget) people > 10-12% should NOT use that and instead just use something like L-Glutamine until you do reach that level.

Two questions:

** 1st: So to do #2 above insulin has to be at a low level and not high ? Im more interested in putting supplements/aminos etc as Im sure the small glycogen depletion can be fixed overtime with meals (food) over the next 24H.

** 2nd: what do you recommend post-workout wise in general?

Lately, I guess Ive been trying to understand better how to best manipulate insulin levels for the best. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out Tipsta
    Last edited by Geminon; September 4th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

You missed my point, and the last statement you contradicted yourself. It didn't take science to tell me that.

And as far as posting pics, I'm unsure as to what point that proves? Other than your a better bodybuilder than I, at best.

Ignorance, knowledge and the utilization of knowledge/ignorance can produce results, no matter how you look at it. One application happens to be more effective, and that's the bottom line. Simple equation actually.

Rick

Rick learn this quick and save yourself a SHIT LOAD of money. If it doesnt do dick for YOU then SCREW the science.

I don't spend alot of money on supplements, but thanks for looking out bro'.

Salmon oil (free)
    B-complex (free)
    Cal/mag (free)
    Milk Thistle (free)
    NAC (free)
    CFM whey isolate (free)
    Creatine (free)
    Dextrose (free)

...very cost effective if you ask me?

Rick

Hey im trying to get some advice here it doesn't make sense to me thats why Ive been seeking alternatives. the HIGH GI CARBS POST-WORKOUT is like a mantra all over. How to apply this or not to my own training is where I'm having the dilemma.

The reason for the insulin spike post workout Ive been told in readings is : 1) replace spent glycogen [ you addressed this above] 2) to push aminos from whey/creatine/b-a/whatever under the sun into the muscle cells.

Im 180 5'7 16% bf (meso/endo). My high fat % is the reason I dont like to the idea of using a ton of dextose because I think it doesnt help to get any leaner as you grow. In fact, I read on T-Nation or Here (I forget) people > 10-12% should NOT use that and instead just use something like L-Glutamine until you do reach that level.

Two questions:

** 1st: So to do #2 above insulin has to be at a low level and not high ? Im more interested in the later as Im sure the small glycogen depletion can be fixed overtime.

** 2nd: what do you recommend post-workout wise in general?

Lately, I guess Ive been trying to understand better how to best manipulate insulin levels for the best. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out Tipsta

I myself use white potato every other meal as I was taught LONG before the PWO craze thing. I was taught using a HIGH GI LOW GI every other meal protocol under heavy traing conditions with GDA'S. I follow this simple rule. If GOD didnt make it DONT eat it. WHITE POTATO is the only PWO carb I EVER recommend. For one, its a vegetable which means its INSANELY nutrient dense. The vitamin and mineral content is huge. The POTASSIUM is RIDICULOUS 1830 mgs per 75 grams carbs!!!!! For some its TOO high GI. Remember it has over 3 grams sugar per 25 grams carbs

IMO your much better off using salmon oil/sesamin for positive nutrient partitioning, but hey, what do I know?

Rick

IMO your much better off using salmon oil/sesamin for positive nutrient partitioning, but hey, what do I know?

Rick

How high does your blood sugar rise 1/2 hr after eating a meal and how much lower is it with your protocol? What do you know. You dont. Do you? Not being a dick but without proper GLUCOSE monitoring its just like driving a car without a gas guage.

SUPERHUMANRADIO.COM did an awesome show on the use of a glucometer and blood sugar monitoring. ITS A MUST LISTEN TO!

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast