Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: glucose disposal agents

Rick that's a good thought. You can control insulin levels very well with fat. In fact, my sister had gestational diabetes. She was about 5'5" at 165 at her highest weight. Mid pregnancy, the Dr. had her on 6 meals pe rday (that was great) but her carbs looked like this:
    Meal 1 - 25 Carbs
    Meal 2 - 35 Carbs
    Meal 3 - 45 Carbs
    Meal 4 - 45 Carbs
    Meal 5 - 35 Carbs
    Meal 6 - 40 Carbs

She couldn't get her sugar stable. Especially night and morning. I looked at her diet and said, "no wonder. that's insane. that's too much sugar. I had her lower her carbs for just 1 day and I had her increase EFA's during her lower carb meals. She completely replaced meal 6 with lean protein and Extra V Olive Oil. The next day she woke up and her sugar was right around where it was supposed to be. She didnt' stay on the diet I gave her, but she did use it now and then and she said she had a lot easier time controlling her blood sugar using fats than carbs.

BTW, that was using a glucometer!

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Rick that's a good thought. You can control insulin levels very well with fat. In fact, my sister had gestational diabetes. She was about 5'5" at 165 at her highest weight. Mid pregnancy, the Dr. had her on 6 meals pe rday (that was great) but her carbs looked like this:
    Meal 1 - 25 Carbs
    Meal 2 - 35 Carbs
    Meal 3 - 45 Carbs
    Meal 4 - 45 Carbs
    Meal 5 - 35 Carbs
    Meal 6 - 40 Carbs

She couldn't get her sugar stable. Especially night and morning. I looked at her diet and said, "no wonder. that's insane. that's too much sugar. I had her lower her carbs for just 1 day and I had her increase EFA's during her lower carb meals. She completely replaced meal 6 with lean protein and Extra V Olive Oil. The next day she woke up and her sugar was right around where it was supposed to be. She didnt' stay on the diet I gave her, but she did use it now and then and she said she had a lot easier time controlling her blood sugar using fats than carbs.

It wasnt the lowered GLYCEMIC LOAD??? Do you know how much Fat it takes to slow ABSORBTION. Fiber is MUCH more effective than a few GRAMS of oil. I use 7 grams psyllium husk with my white potatos. 1 TBS olive oil is 14 grams of fat and 1 TBS has NO affect on how high my blood sugar raises. DOUBT ME? Get a glucometer and you wont anymore. Youll find that the amount of fat needed to slow absorbtion is much greater than we are willing to consume
    Last edited by Tipsta; September 4th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Not talking about slowing absorption as much as I'm talking positive nutrient partitioning.

Rick

Not too mention all the other benefits from fish oils/sesamin.

Rick

I'm not doubting you. All I know is that it worked for her. I WATCHED HER. The carbs weren't much lower at ALL and she was mostly eating higher GI carbs. I dont' know what more to tell you, other than I witnessed her do it for 2 days and she logged it. I would love to see her try her method, but she refuses to take pills so...

Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
    Not talking about slowing absorption as much as I'm talking positive nutrient partitioning.

Rick

If the absorbtion is FAST....HIGH GI CARBS.... how can you partition nutrients into the muscle cell with such a HIGH INSULIN THRESHOLD?

YOU DONT GET IT DO YOU??

Its this simple! INSULIN ENTERS THE FAT CELL AT A HIGH THRESHOLD BUT ENTERS THE MUSCLE CELL AT A LOW THRESHOLD.

nutrient partitioning is very effective. Salmon oil effectly controls blood sugar levels as well. Works very efficiently in those with related ailment/illnesses.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I'm not doubting you. All I know is that it worked for her. I WATCHED HER. The carbs weren't much lower at ALL and she was mostly eating higher GI carbs. I dont' know what more to tell you, other than I witnessed her do it for 2 days and she logged it. I would love to see her try her method, but she refuses to take pills so...

YOU LIEING SACK OF SHAT!!! You just said earlier you lowered her carbs and added EFA's then she replaced the meals with ALL protein and EFA's. Dont contradict yourself!!!

try to get fat (within reason) while taking high dose salmon oil (8-12g/day) and you'll understand that there is more than one mechanism of action at work. Try all you want to make it sound cut and dry, but the human body is far from cut and dry.

Rick

there are many factors at all levels

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    If the absorbtion is FAST....HIGH GI CARBS.... how can you partition nutrients into the muscle cell with such a HIGH INSULIN THRESHOLD?

YOU DONT GET IT DO YOU??

Its this simple! INSULIN ENTERS THE FAT CELL AT A HIGH THRESHOLD BUT ENTERS THE MUSCLE CELL AT A LOW THRESHOLD.

This is part I don't get fully. If insulin is high things (insulin/aminos/sugar etc etc etc) are NOT getting to muscle but only or mostly fat?

nutrient partitioning is very effective. Salmon oil effectly controls blood sugar levels as well. Works very efficiently in those with related ailment/illnesses.

Rick
    GIVE ME #'s How low on your glucometer and if you dont have an answer then dont expect anymore response to your nonsense.

1: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Jun;91(6):2062-7. Epub 2006 Mar 14. Links
    Effects of fat on gastric emptying of and the glycemic, insulin, and incretin responses to a carbohydrate meal in type 2 diabetes.

Gentilcore D, Chaikomin R, Jones KL, Russo A, Feinle-Bisset C, Wishart JM, Rayner CK, Horowitz M.
    University of Adelaide, Department of Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia.
    CONTEXT: Gastric emptying (GE) is a major determinant of postprandial glycemia. Because the presence of fat in the small intestine inhibits GE, ingestion of fat may attenuate the glycemic response to carbohydrate. OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of patterns of fat consumption on GE and glucose, insulin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) concentrations after a carbohydrate meal in type 2 diabetes. DESIGN: This was a randomized, cross-over study in which GE of a radioisotopically labeled potato meal was measured on 3 d. SETTING: The study was performed at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. PATIENTS: Six males with type 2 diabetes were studied. INTERVENTION: Subjects ingested 1) 30 ml water 30 min before the mashed potato (water), 2) 30 ml olive oil 30 min before the mashed potato (oil), or 3) 30 ml water 30 min before the mashed potato meal that contained 30 ml olive oil (water and oil). MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: GE, blood glucose, plasma insulin, GLP-1, and GIP concentrations were the main outcome measures. RESULTS: GE was much slower with oil compared with both water (P < 0.0001) and water and oil (P < 0.05) and was slower after water and oil compared with water (P < 0.01). The postprandial rise in blood glucose was markedly delayed (P = 0.03), and peak glucose occurred later (P = 0.04) with oil compared with the two other meals. The rises in insulin and GIP were attenuated (P < 0.0001), whereas the GLP-1 response was greater (P = 0.0001), after oil. CONCLUSIONS: Ingestion of fat before a carbohydrate meal markedly slows GE and attenuates the postprandial rises in glucose, insulin, and GIP, but stimulates GLP-1, in type 2 diabetes.
    PMID: 16537685 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnvil View Post

This is part I don't get fully. If insulin is high things (insulin/aminos/sugar etc etc etc) are NOT getting to muscle but only or mostly fat?

EXACTLY!!!!! Ever heard the term SPILL OVER?? Thats exactly what spill over is. Insulin has attempted to enter the FAT cell with a GLYCOGEN LOAD. Most guys think spillover is an EXCESS amount of carbs where in fact its TOO high GLYCEMIC LOAD. Ask any experienced competitor, After day 1 of carb loading, we go from HIGH GI TO LOW GI to prevent spillover.

try to get fat (within reason) while taking high dose salmon oil (8-12g/day) and you'll understand that there is more than one mechanism of action at work. Try all you want to make it sound cut and dry, but the human body is far from cut and dry.

Rick

It is that cut and dry. you eat carbs. Your body releases them into the blood stream. Your body releases insulin. If TOO much insulin is released say hello to the FAT CELL. If too little is released we have a problem! If the right amount is released to HAMMER the nutrients into the muscle cell you start taking on that DRUG LIKE LOOK

WTF is wrong with me.Why is my insulin sensitivity so ****ed up??
    I woke up and had two meals of eggs only.Not much belly bloat at all.Felt good.Then at 9am,12pm and 2pm I had my 25gms whey isolate shake's with 1/4 cup mixed nuts(no the nuts dont slow the whey down).

My watery belly right now is sickening!!!!!!!!

I am super hyperinsulemic and fear this will cause an early grave if I dont fix soon.This also makes me put on crazy muscle as today I went up in weights like mad.Just that it makes me crazy fat in process.

I am in keto and went hypoglycemic and felt all shitty.Even in keto you want your blood sugar stable.It looks like tommorow im gonna try taking 4oz meals of steak with me to see if I get same effect.I think I will but nowhere near as bad!!!!!

Tipsta,could you test chromium and vanadyl seperate?The reason I ask is that I would like to know how effective chromium is alone as vanadyl wouldnt be proper on a low carb diet...you know why.

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast