Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 1256

Thread: glucose disposal agents

  1. #137
    Iron Addict Geminon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!! Ever heard the term SPILL OVER?? Thats exactly what spill over is. Insulin has attempted to enter the FAT cell with a GLYCOGEN LOAD. Most guys think spillover is an EXCESS amount of carbs where in fact its TOO high GLYCEMIC LOAD. Ask any experienced competitor, After day 1 of carb loading, we go from HIGH GI TO LOW GI to prevent spillover.
    That means the whole MANTRA of HIGH GI carbs POST WORKOUT to SPIKE inuslin HIGH to help ultimately BUILD MUSCLE may in fact just making us FAT ? Thats one of the biggest things people new to BB are told in the media etc.

    There was a MD article about a month ago on PWO nutrition that said fat storage over muscle storage with carbs is VERY unlikely if it happens right after you workout. That does go against what your saying I think?

  2. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnvil View Post
    That means the whole MANTRA of HIGH GI carbs POST WORKOUT to SPIKE inuslin HIGH to help ultimately BUILD MUSCLE may in fact just making us FAT ? Thats one of the biggest things people new to BB are told in the media etc.

    There was a MD article about a month ago on PWO nutrition that said fat storage over muscle storage with carbs is VERY unlikely if it happens right after you workout. That does go against what your saying I think?
    I always thought about this.Whey protein causes an insulin spike.What happens to the aminos when too much insulin is released???Do they turn to fat or sent to create glucose?

  3. #139
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnvil View Post
    That means the whole MANTRA of HIGH GI carbs POST WORKOUT to SPIKE inuslin HIGH to help ultimately BUILD MUSCLE may in fact just making us FAT ? Thats one of the biggest things people new to BB are told in the media etc.

    There was a MD article about a month ago on PWO nutrition that said fat storage over muscle storage with carbs is VERY unlikely if it happens right after you workout. That does go against what your saying I think?

    Just one article??? AGAIN, Unless you can show me BLOOD glucose levels I no longer will try to help ANYMORE because its a complete WASTE OF TIME!!! However you are all welcome for whatever you have learned from me.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  4. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    GIVE ME #'s How low on your glucometer and if you dont have an answer then dont expect anymore response to your nonsense.
    I just realized something, I wasted my time studying in school for no reason. Time to wipe my ass with my degree.

    Rick (that degree kinda rubbed my ass the wrong way)

  5. #141
    Iron Addict Geminon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Just one article??? AGAIN, Unless you can show me BLOOD glucose levels I no longer will try to help ANYMORE because its a complete WASTE OF TIME!!! However you are all welcome for whatever you have learned from me.

    We are just having a discussion man. I know you said your nearing contest prep so maybe the diet is getting to you

    AT least me Im not attacking you at all. I have to go look for which issue I saw that in I think Anssi who posts here wrote the article if Im not mistaken and he cited research studies showing this. Im not saying he is wrong.

    And blood #s have nothing to do with what I said at all. What we are looking at is what happens in the body to fat vs muscle tissue post-workout when there is high carbs causing insulin levels (we KNOW its high here so we dont need #s). More from a medical standpoint what happens?

  6. #142

    Default

    "It is that cut and dry. you eat carbs. Your body releases them into the blood stream. Your body releases insulin. If TOO much insulin is released say hello to the FAT CELL. If too little is released we have a problem! If the right amount is released to HAMMER the nutrients into the muscle cell you start taking on that DRUG LIKE LOOK"

    and what about leptin/DGAT/PKA etc.?

    A glucometer and glucose disposal are not accurate measures of everything being affected by insulin. Insulin is a very well studied hormone,yet remains the most contraversial. Many things are effected positively and negatively by insulin.

    If you know so much on this topic, speak up, I'm ready and willing to learn.

    Rick

  7. #143

    Default

    I agree as well. I find this extremely interesting because this approach by Tipsta is probably the only time I have ever heard anyone say high GI post workout is bad.

    So you only use the GDA's with the high GI meals, and your post workout meal is NOT high GI? Is your pre workout high GI?

  8. #144

    Default

    The more I read about insulin the better it sounds.One report said that chromium in cinnamon works as a cofactor to the MHCP compound.This compound is what has the medical community all estatic.

    I came across Dave Draper's forum and people were raving about it.They said their energy seemed up and resting glucose down.

    Im gonna try for 1 teaspoon a day as it seems the more you take the faster the results.It seems that as low as 1/4 tsp a day works for maintenance.

    You can buy pure MHCP extract in Cinnulin PF.Reason being,they say that cinnamon powder contains certain oils that can build up in the body.Ill stick with my 1 dollar jar of cinnamon spice.

  9. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    YOU LIEING SACK OF SHAT!!! You just said earlier you lowered her carbs and added EFA's then she replaced the meals with ALL protein and EFA's. Dont contradict yourself!!!
    Don't call me a lying sack of shit. I said what I said and it was 100% true. Listen bro, I lowered the carbs just a bit. Freaking A! man I lowered her carbs a bit and had her add some EFA's to her LAST meal bro... SIMMER

  10. #146
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plato23 View Post
    I agree as well. I find this extremely interesting because this approach by Tipsta is probably the only time I have ever heard anyone say high GI post workout is bad.

    So you only use the GDA's with the high GI meals, and your post workout meal is NOT high GI? Is your pre workout high GI?

    When did I say HIGH GI carbs are BAD after TRAINING??? My PWO meal is TOP ROUND AND WHITE POTATOS They are two of the highest insulin releasing foods one can choose. I just think to take blood sugar into the high 200's to low 300's is ABSURD!!!!!

    There is NO POSSIBLE WAY any muscle can be that depleted after just one training session to accept that amount of insulin. Even after CARB DEPLETING for 2 days I still would NEVER EVER take my blood sugar past 200!!!! However I'm a COMPETITIVE bodybuilder and even the SLIGHTEST amount of SUB Q water is DEADLY. For you guys I guess blood sugar #'s arent an issue.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  11. #147
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Don't call me a lying sack of shit. I said what I said and it was 100% true. Listen bro, I lowered the carbs just a bit. Freaking A! man I lowered her carbs a bit and had her add some EFA's to her LAST meal bro... SIMMER

    She couldn't get her sugar stable. Especially night and morning. I looked at her diet and said, "no wonder. that's insane. that's too much sugar. I had her lower her carbs for just 1 day and I had her increase EFA's during her lower carb meals. She completely replaced meal 6 with lean protein and Extra V Olive Oil. The next day she woke up and her sugar was right around where it was supposed to be. She didnt' stay on the diet I gave her, but she did use it now and then and she said she had a lot easier time controlling her blood sugar using fats than carbs.


    YOU TOTALLY CONTRADICTED YOURSELF!!! You said it CLEAR. TOO MUCH SUGAR!!! Why didnt you just leave the carbs and add fat. Ill tell you why, cause that wasnt the fix. The lowering of the carbs were. You people are so stubborn to prove a point that youll keep yourselves from LEARNING!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  12. #148
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by natron View Post
    "It is that cut and dry. you eat carbs. Your body releases them into the blood stream. Your body releases insulin. If TOO much insulin is released say hello to the FAT CELL. If too little is released we have a problem! If the right amount is released to HAMMER the nutrients into the muscle cell you start taking on that DRUG LIKE LOOK"

    and what about leptin/DGAT/PKA etc.?

    A glucometer and glucose disposal are not accurate measures of everything being affected by insulin. Insulin is a very well studied hormone,yet remains the most contraversial. Many things are effected positively and negatively by insulin.

    If you know so much on this topic, speak up, I'm ready and willing to learn.

    Rick

    SPEAK UP??? I'm HORSE!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  13. #149
    Team Gaspari Deserusan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,212
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    WHAT PART OF DRUG FREE FOR LIFE DONT YOU GET???!!!

    Whether its a prescription drug or not if it has any affect on hormones its a STEROID!!!

    You are right. Chrom and Vanadyl are crap DONT TAKE THEM!!!

    However for shits and giggles follow my protocol and grab a glucometer.....YOULL SHIT!!!

    I have NUMEROUS diabetics stop INSULIN USE!!!

    My last experience was a gentleman waking between 260 and 295 after just three days of 800 mcg chrom 40 mgs vanadyl @ 4 aday his waking blood sugar is consistantly at 130 to 150.

    The funny thing is I help more old people with blood sugar issues than athletes and its because they LISTEN!!
    First off, I don't take GDA's regularly as I'm not insulin resistant like someone with diabetes.

    Please, post something which is not based on your subjective experience and that doesn't require CAPS to get your point across. I've posted plenty of research which has essentially proven my point and you have to offer anything but heresay. I'm still waiting..............
    Heretic


  14. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    YOU LIEING SACK OF SHAT!!! You just said earlier you lowered her carbs and added EFA's then she replaced the meals with ALL protein and EFA's. Dont contradict yourself!!!
    Bro, you need to slow your roll, for real. READ MY FREAKING POST! I know you got pissed a while ago at someone for not READING your posts. SHE REPLACED THE LAST MEAL! That's it bro. SLIGHTLY lower carbs (or someting to that effect) I said. Nothing too drastic, just the olive oil and it worked for her.

  15. #151

    Default

    I am waiting too................

  16. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Just one article??? AGAIN, Unless you can show me BLOOD glucose levels I no longer will try to help ANYMORE because its a complete WASTE OF TIME!!! However you are all welcome for whatever you have learned from me.

    Thanks for all the misinformation. Wonderful job on confusing all the newb's on this board. I GUESS I SHOULD PUT EVERYTHING IN CAPS SO YOU SEE I AM SERIOUS, nah, thats only for guys who think they know everything and are unwilling to listen to others points of view. Guys, take what he says with a grain of salt. You seem to know alot about GDA, but are clueless on other things. I'm off to nutraplanet to buy some of those steroids they sell, NO-XPLODE, I think they call it. Thanks bud..........

  17. #153

    Default

    Ok sorry for misquoting you.

    So if high GI meals are accompanied by GDA's, why not just replace the high GI carbs with low GI carbs?

    Sorry if that sounds ignorant I just don't get it.

Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •