Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 74 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: glucose disposal agents

Default glucose disposal agents

im intersted in utilizing this approach to supplementation but have to admit my knowledge on the subject is small.

i know the obvious ALA, chromium, and Vanadyl.....

what else is everyone doing? i think being an endomorph this type of supplementation will benefit me immensely.
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Do you have a history of insulin resistance or diabetes in your family? I wouldn't be terribly worried about this but in my experience K-R-ALA is the most effective form of ALA on the market. Vanadyl only helps marginally but bis-OXO-vandium (forgot the rest of the name) seems to be a better choice. VPX uses this in NO-Shotgun.
    Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Adam McVey View Post
    im intersted in utilizing this approach to supplementation but have to admit my knowledge on the subject is small.

i know the obvious ALA, chromium, and Vanadyl.....

what else is everyone doing? i think being an endomorph this type of supplementation will benefit me immensely.
    One of the few supplements that actually makes me feel hypoglycemic if I taket too much is Cinnulin PF (which is a cinnamon extract). How much of an effect Cinnulin would have on your body composition I don't know. It seems the majority of the studies on it are on diabetics.

R-ALA + ALCAR would be a good combo for you.

Des, doesn't Designer Supplements make a product of this type? I believe it's called Glucophase.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

I use to rock about 500mg's of ALA post-workout with a copious amount of carbs and I really liked it.
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

What is the point of supplementing with GDA? Not being cocky, I've heard about this, I know McDonald advocates it. What is the science behind it and why is it useful?

Quote Originally Posted by plato23 View Post
    What is the point of supplementing with GDA? Not being cocky, I've heard about this, I know McDonald advocates it. What is the science behind it and why is it useful?
    The more nutrients in the muscle the more growth. That's why insulin is used on such a large scale now. It's along the same lines as why competitive bb'ers carb load and deplete the week of a show, your body becomes more sensitive to the carbs and will hypercompensate and store more glycogen causing increased fullness and vascularity.
    Nutrex Research

There is some interesting new research showing that omega 3 fatty acids from FISH OIL only,increases insulin sensativity.
    To be very honest I switched from all my normal oil in take(walnut oil,almond oil ect) to soley omega 3 fish oil and I can honestly say I've seen a dramatic difference in the last 3 weeks.I have to note that my in take is 115 grams per day.As my carbs are very low(Low GI as well).Anyone running the "Zone" type diet might want to give it a try. I've put on more muscle than usual these last few weeks.I can't prove it was soley this,but it is the only thing I've changed in my diet.Training is still same.. drugs/supplements same..ect ect..

~RR

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRipped View Post
    There is some interesting new research showing that omega 3 fatty acids from FISH OIL only,increases insulin sensativity.
    To be very honest I switched from all my normal oil in take(walnut oil,almond oil ect) to soley omega 3 fish oil and I can honestly say I've seen a dramatic difference in the last 3 weeks.I have to note that my in take is 115 grams per day.As my carbs are very low(Low GI as well).Anyone running the "Zone" type diet might want to give it a try. I've put on more muscle than usual these last few weeks.I can't prove it was soley this,but it is the only thing I've changed in my diet.Training is still same.. drugs/supplements same..ect ect..

~RR
    I have seen a few studies that cited this to be true. I have used it with good results as well. I think fish oil is one of the few things that I would reccomend that everyone take. It's a strong anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, it's good for mental acuity, insulin sensitivity, it's protects the vascular system, I also saw a study where taking 6 grams a day of fish oil caused weight loss with no other changes in diet (probably due to increased insulin utilization). Good stuff!
    Nutrex Research

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post
    Do you have a history of insulin resistance or diabetes in your family? I wouldn't be terribly worried about this but in my experience K-R-ALA is the most effective form of ALA on the market. Vanadyl only helps marginally but bis-OXO-vandium (forgot the rest of the name) seems to be a better choice. VPX uses this in NO-Shotgun.
    yes i do have a history. my grandfather died 2 years ago of lung cancer and diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    I have seen a few studies that cited this to be true. I have used it with good results as well. I think fish oil is one of the few things that I would reccomend that everyone take. It's a strong anti-carcinogenic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, it's good for mental acuity, insulin sensitivity, it's protects the vascular system, I also saw a study where taking 6 grams a day of fish oil caused weight loss with no other changes in diet (probably due to increased insulin utilization). Good stuff!
    yeah ive been taking 4 grams per day for the last few years plus eating salmon twice a week

so regular ala is useless? i've been taking 200mgs a day the last couple weeks.

is there a product out there that is for the sole purpose of managing glucose disposal?

Quote Originally Posted by V Shredder View Post
    Des, doesn't Designer Supplements make a product of this type? I believe it's called Glucophase.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam McVey View Post
    so regular ala is useless? i've been taking 200mgs a day the last couple weeks.

is there a product out there that is for the sole purpose of managing glucose disposal?
    There are plenty but I don't feel they are nessecary for trained athletes.
    Heretic

even endomorphic trained athletes?

I see alot of natural guys are using GDA's. My question or thinking would be that by utilizing something like 4-hydroxyisoleucine, Taurine, R-ALA, BCAA's, Glutamine, & creatine combo 1st thing in teh morning, pre workout, post workout (30-min b4 your post wokrout meal) & 30-min before your final meal would work even better.

You would be getting quality amino's to boost your amino acid pool and also keep your muscles hydrated/volumized even more while keeping the shuttling of nutrients goign w/o increasing insulin. I use something similar to this year around and up it to between meals during low caloric times (pre contest.)
    I learned this from bodyfx2

200 mcg Chromium POLYNICOTINATE, 10 mgs Vanadyl Sulfate......Meal 1,2,4 and 6.

Glutamine ON EMPTY STOMACH 1/2 hour before meals. ( 7 Grams prior to training and at bedtime)
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Yes.

There are plenty but I don't feel they are nessecary for trained athletes.

So putting more nutrients into the muscle than would be humanly possible without GDA'S is not beneficial to the trained athlete?

Maximizing nutrient uptake while minimizing insulin threshold to consistantly enter the muscle cell and shun the fat cell is not beneficial to the trained athlete?

WOW!!! Thats all I can say!!!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Page 1 of 74 123456789101151 ... LastLast