Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbalanced chest ?

Question Unbalanced chest ?

My left pec is bigger then my right one..... Any tips to both make them look even ?

get some new genetics

LOL^^^^

This is a tough one. Leg/arm imbalances can be easy to fix, but this is something off LOL.

Spotter

did you play a sport where you predominantly used one side of your body??

I actually have good fucking genetics. just my chest is not the same. left pec is puffier then the right one. when i was weight training they were both the same. have taken a year off due to shoulder injuries.

switch to only unilateral type movements. Dumbell Presses,Hammer strength,Dumbell/cable flyes etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie12 View Post
    I actually have good fucking genetics. just my chest is not the same. left pec is puffier then the right one. when i was weight training they were both the same. have taken a year off due to shoulder injuries.
    Then do what you did before and it may as well balance out by itself?

I have the same problem. Tends to happen when one arm is slightly longer than the other
    Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Bro Scientist

Yeah, different arm lengths or scoliosis or bad form or bad mind-muscle connection with one side. Any of these can have that affect.

Bro Scientist

Post pics and I could give you more feedback. I had this problem pretty bad but consciously work on it now in the gym and have been fixing my symmetry issues naturally. Can't wait to hop ON and then really focus on it.

Beach Body

I used to have the same problem. For the last 20 or so years, upon completion of my chest routine, I do 2 sets of 1 armed DB bench presses to failure. I get the weirdest looks and sometimes someone will ask "Why do you do that?" but it works for me. Give it a shot. The other thing is try to do more throughout the day with the side of the body that the weaker pec is on. Best of luck.

I had the same problem. I made my focus on using dumbells and cables more and anything where the arms are independent. It is catching up.

I'm developing the same problem due to using mainly barbells for chest movements over the last (my gym only has 120lb dbs and not to brag but I got too strong for them). Guess Im gonna have to find another gym and get back to the dbs and hammer strength presses.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by mfarleypt View Post
    I'm developing the same problem due to using mainly barbells for chest movements over the last (my gym only has 120lb dbs and not to brag but I got too strong for them). Guess Im gonna have to find another gym and get back to the dbs and hammer strength presses.
    too strong for 120lb dumbells? why dont you just up the rep range and take a slower negative or something to make the weight work for you instead. sticking to purely barbell movements cant be good.

Amateur Threat

try brushing your teeth with the weaker side of your body twice daily this will bring up the weak pec as long as you reach the molars on the far side of the jaw

Quote Originally Posted by gymboy5000 View Post
    too strong for 120lb dumbells? why dont you just up the rep range and take a slower negative or something to make the weight work for you instead. sticking to purely barbell movements cant be good.
    I train low volume 6-8 reps on upper body for the most part...sometimes I'll do incline db's like 3rd in my workout but I'm still getting 8-10 reps after doing 2 bb movements. This is off gear for the last 3 months as well so it gets even worse when im on. Im really not trying to be an internet bullshitter here I swear lol

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by mfarleypt View Post
    I train low volume 6-8 reps on upper body for the most part...sometimes I'll do incline db's like 3rd in my workout but I'm still getting 8-10 reps after doing 2 bb movements. This is off gear for the last 3 months as well so it gets even worse when im on. Im really not trying to be an internet bullshitter here I swear lol
    You would grow better doing 15 reps a set IMO. i used to do that 6-8 rep bullshit when i thought 'bulking' needed heavier weight and less reps but since i have learnt more over time it deffo pays off using a higher rep range and controlling/squeezing the weight rather than just throwing it around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast