Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BCAA Question.

Default BCAA Question.

Maybe this is a bit of a bodybuilding.comish kinda question, but I've just been looking at the Scivation Xtend product and know a lot of guys drink it throughout the day in a gallon jug etc. It's basically just a BCAA product, so I was debating just adding BCAA powder to the water I drink generally whilst at work.

So getting to the point, is there a limit to how long BCAA's can be in water or do they stay ok indefinitely? Or is there something in Xtend that prevents this from happening..?

youngitalianstallion

Quote Originally Posted by plasmoid View Post
    Maybe this is a bit of a bodybuilding.comish kinda question, but I've just been looking at the Scivation Xtend product and know a lot of guys drink it throughout the day in a gallon jug etc. It's basically just a BCAA product, so I was debating just adding BCAA powder to the water I drink generally whilst at work.

So getting to the point, is there a limit to how long BCAA's can be in water or do they stay ok indefinitely? Or is there something in Xtend that prevents this from happening..?

i use Universal Nutrition Atomic 7 or if i have lot of money Evogen Cellkem... i use 3-4 scoops with a gallon of water and drink it througout the day with no problem

Thankyou. I'll check out what you mentioned.

IFBB PRO Laurie Green (Schnelle)'s Avatar

when should BCAA's be drank? I usually drink mine POST workout.. and should i drink it on no lifting days?

Quote Originally Posted by F.D. View Post
    when should BCAA's be drank? I usually drink mine POST workout.. and should i drink it on no lifting days?
    They're also good in between meals....read Layne Norton's thread/articles for more info on them. Particularly with you being natural, fighting catabolism is a great idea...

IFBB PRO Laurie Green (Schnelle)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    They're also good in between meals....read Layne Norton's thread/articles for more info on them. Particularly with you being natural, fighting catabolism is a great idea...

thank you!! will look at that info!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    Correcto! Only thing I'd add is to have a "serving" in-between meals, as opposed to sipping all day. Layne has mentioned that a constant stream all day might be not as beneficial as a timed, between meal dose.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by plasmoid View Post

How long? I remember Layne Norton stating up to a week before BCAA content starts to denature or even change at all. You should not worry about that at all. Also I would recommend the following with dosing your Xtend.

While sipping throughout the day may be easy, its better to dose it at intervals between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart with Xtend (1 serving) in between those meals. Layne has studied this and conducted his Muscle Protein Synthesis PDF/Powerpoint to show why its beneficial and how less meals with BCAA in between allows protein levels to reach their refractory stages before being spiked with whole food meals again. You can even add small amounts of CHO to those between meal dosing as well.

Other than that I would simply recommend the product for what its for, during your workout ( 2 scoops new formula 4 scoops old). When you workout that is what you lose aminos/glutamine and it instantly replaces it. Not to mention Scivation added Electrolytes, and Bonded CM onto their new xtend formula which is now prop 65 compliant and from a NSF facility which surpasses CGMP certification and holds the standard for top of line instanized bcaa's.

Hope that helps.

Why BCAAs? They get into your system, digest quickly and are gone. Why not just whey or whole milk? BCAAs are only good because there is nothing elese in them to slow down digestion - which would make them optimal for post workout or first thing in the AM. Throughout the day, however, they make no sense to use unless you are in pre contest and cant afford to eat the extra calories. This is not "bro science" it is real science. BCAAS=Post workout/diet,morning. thats about all they are good for, except wasting your money.
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    Why BCAAs? They get into your system, digest quickly and are gone. Why not just whey or whole milk? BCAAs are only good because there is nothing elese in them to slow down digestion - which would make them optimal for post workout or first thing in the AM. Throughout the day, however, they make no sense to use unless you are in pre contest and cant afford to eat the extra calories. This is not "bro science" it is real science. BCAAS=Post workout/diet,morning. thats about all they are good for, except wasting your money.
    Aminos (primarily Leucine) increase protein synthesis within the blood, keeping those levels high throughout the day primes your body to grow. Whole food is great, but supplementing with even leucine can make a difference.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

they don't require digestion, period. they can just pass into your blood stream, which is particularly helpful when drinking them intraworkout.
    "I like them more around the age of 10 or so that way I can think of your physique because I'm so hopelessly in love with your body" - killinweights

Quote Originally Posted by Climber213 View Post
    Aminos (primarily Leucine) increase protein synthesis within the blood, keeping those levels high throughout the day primes your body to grow. Whole food is great, but supplementing with even leucine can make a difference.
    increasing protein synthesis in the blood wouldn't make much sense, and if that is what they did, i could see a number of problems arising. they increase protein synthesis within a cell, as it is the cell, more specifically the nucleus and ribosomes, that creates a protein.
    "I like them more around the age of 10 or so that way I can think of your physique because I'm so hopelessly in love with your body" - killinweights

Nobody

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/prote..._frequency.pdf explains in more layman terms why BCAA's should be dosed between meals.

Quote Originally Posted by apietrosanti86 View Post
    they don't require digestion, period. they can just pass into your blood stream, which is particularly helpful when drinking them intraworkout.
    So you agree that BCAAs would be a waste to take throughout the day?

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/prote..._frequency.pdf explains in more layman terms why BCAA's should be dosed between meals.
    Milk or Whey would be better.

Training Log

Been using bcaa's recently...got them in the plain form as well as a product from optimum nutrition that's supposed to act as a pre workout. I just drink it pre-intra work out, but man i really need a different form to drink during the day because the other stuff i have makes me want to puke

So you agree that BCAAs would be a waste to take throughout the day?
    for the price, yes. i only use them intraworkout. all you need is leucine, anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast