Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Despite weighing in at 215 in Madrid, Yamagishi has no interest in competing in 212 Class

Default Despite weighing in at 215 in Madrid, Yamagishi has no interest in competing in 212 Class

Not surprising, he can win more placing 10th in the open.....

Problem is that will be harder and hardeer to place top 10 with guys like roden, marious,roelly,branch comming back, and the emergence of brandon curry

LOL Giles, Neil took the mic from you as well . Good interview, but I think it would be a wiser choice for Hide to do the 212 Class as well, mainly because of what ultra said. He has a great physique and would do amazing in the 212 class. Problem with that is the lack of money involved in it which is something he might be taking into consideration, and maybe his ego holding him back from dropping down to that class, seeing that he holds his own just fine against the bigger guys.
    "It's dark, and the mayne is hot"

Dedicated Noob

...this is a big mistake. He doesn't have the height nor the symmetry/lines to compete with the top ten now in the heavier class...in my view his only real winning chances are to go smaller and work out the details here...time will tell but the top ten now - and I'm sure even more so in the future - will be FAR too tough a nut for his physique to crack...bigger is not always better - and, regrettably, he's no Frank Zane, Francis Benfatto, Lee Labrada, etc...BAE

Quote Originally Posted by vital800 View Post
    ...this is a big mistake. He doesn't have the height nor the symmetry/lines to compete with the top ten now in the heavier class...in my view his only real winning chances are to go smaller and work out the details here...time will tell but the top ten now - and I'm sure even more so in the future - will be FAR too tough a nut for his physique to crack...bigger is not always better - and, regrettably, he's no Frank Zane, Francis Benfatto, Lee Labrada, etc...BAE
    I disagree. Hide looked insane at the 2010 Olympia, and got 10th for his efforts. As he mentioned, he was visibly smaller this year. He knows he'll never be a top 4 or 5 guy. I don't think his goal is to win the Olympia. But he knows he can gain that size back and look a lot better than he did this year and even better than he did in 2010. I think it would be a mistake for him to compete against the 212s. To win what? There's hardly the money or recognition, and Gaspari already has Flex Lewis. Doesn't make sense.

Some people on these boards have a a 2-month attention span that clouds their judgement. Not you, of course. But as always, those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it. He'll continue to succeed in the IFBB Open class.
    Last edited by majrminer; October 12th, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Neil Hill is STILL an IFBB Pro!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

HIDE SHOULD NOT DROP TO THE 212.. he appeeared a bit "thin" by dropping that weight.. hide does well in the open.. to drop hard earned muscle is silly.. he is a top 10 guy in the open and makes more cash with that then placing "well" in the 212.. i thought he dropped too much weight for the arnold euro.. looked thin..

I feel he would look his best shredded right at 225. At 220 he looks damn good, but could be just a bit thicker to match up with the biggest guys.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Of course he doesn't want to lose all that hard earned muscle, what kinds of gains can you make when you are actually cutting muscle instead of putting it on. Hide would do really well at 220-225, his physique hardens up and he knows how to come in very dry.
    I really like the fact that he won't go down to 212, it makes no sense for kevin (hide would be around the same boat) to damn near kill themselves to make a weight they have no business being at. maybe kevin will watch this video and think that if hide can place top 5 (which he usually does and has won open classes before) what would I place in the open.

total open earnings - $600,000

total previous 202 (now 212) earnings: $25,000

Good for him. It would be embarassing to be beaten by the trolls who are owning the 202. It would be better for him to be beaten by guys like Jay, phil, Evan, Kai, and etc.

iWarrior

Speaking of competition, when are you competing next Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Neil Hill is STILL an IFBB Pro!
    Ha ha, glad you cleared that up Ron, I couldn't make my mind up seeing as Neil hasn't renewed his pro card since 2003...
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8