Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Secret To Getting Ripped and Muscular Pt. 2 (and dangling kettlebells from the penis)

Default The Secret To Getting Ripped and Muscular Pt. 2 (and dangling kettlebells from the penis)

From my blog: http://www.body2buildstrengthtrainin...scular_22.html

I shared about using foam rolling the last time as a part of your recovery. The sadists can buy pvc scrap at Lowe's or Home Depot for under $6 to use as well. IT HURTS! But it works very well. See some of my videos on Youtube where I discuss using pvc.

Stretching is something we forget to aid in our recovery. Why? Seriously? I need to talk about the benefits of stretching?
    • Improve your flexibility. Flexibility is defined as the joint’s ability to move through a full range of motion. Stretching helps balance your muscle groups that may have been overused during your weight lifting session. Better range of motion means stronger more powerful body.
    • Decrease your risk of injury. It is well accepted that stretching loosens muscles, connective tissue and adhesions, thus lowering your risk of injury. Many coaches and trainers believe that the more prepared your muscles and joints are for an activity, the more protected you are against injury.
    • Improved circulation. Stretching increases blood flow to your muscles. Blood flowing to your muscles brings nourishment and gets rid of waste byproducts in the muscle tissue. In addition, improved circulation can help shorter your recovery time if you have had injuries. Remember anything to help circulation around connective tissue is a good thing. Think of this like Icy Hot without the stink and accidental application to the jewels.
    • Enhanced coordination. Stretching enhances coordination and gives you better balance. Improving your coordination and balance will keep you mobile and less prone to injury from falls, especially as you age. Athletes especially can easily see why this matters.
    • Provides stress relief. When you stretch, it relaxes tight, tense muscles that can occur when you are under stress. Cortisol ring a bell? When we reduce DISTRESS we are better machines, period.
    So how and when should you stretch? Well never stretch cold. Try something for me just to get the idea. Put a rubber band in the freezer for a couple of hours. Stretch it afterwards. Did it snap? Probably. You may even see small tears in the band as well. Your muscles are the rubber band in this case. DO NOT STRETCH COLD. First, warm up with some light cardio for 5-10 minutes if possible. Second, consider going to use your foam roller for a little while. Finally stretch. I also recommend the light cardio, foam rolling and stretching to end every training session as well.

Something that is very popular with bodybuilders especially is the intensive fascia stretching. I am not going to debate whether it works. Sometimes that idea of no pain, no gain is not ideal or even effective. Ever see those crazy adds for the weights dangling from a man's penis to make his junk longer? I am sure that hurt too but I am not about to swing a kettlebell from my crotch. I will simply state that it is not optimal for anyone to do: fascia stretching or stretching your pee pee. BOTH can lead to injury. I recommend playing it safe and doing controlled stretches for 30-60 seconds. Please do not mistake the pain with foam rolling or other self-myofascial release work. Lengthening work aka stretching should not cause extreme pain. Theses are two totally different concepts.
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com

I had too much coffee when I came up with the title.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    Strength in life and lifting.
    shawnbellon.com