Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lats sore after chest

Default lats sore after chest

so the past couple of chest workouts i have been having some soreness for a couple days after in my lats. is it ok to still lift my back if im still a little sore? its only sore when i actually flex my lats. or should i just take the time off till its not sore at all? i dont want to hinder any gains or over work the lats and have them not grow at all!

Just eat well and get a good night's sleep and you'll be fine. Soreness/DOMS are all a part of the training game. If you are training properly, you should laways have some level of muscle soreness/tightness but nothing too over the top. Now, if you are extremely sore ALL of the time, you may be overtraining/under feeding which can be corrected.

Go for it! Your lats are a support muscle for presses, but they won't be worked to the point of compromising your back workout. In fact, you'll increase their level of conditioning and you won't have an issue with it in the future.
    Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

That's great for the serratus too..I wish I could feel my serratus more... you will also notice that your pressing will be about 10% - 20% weaker after back. It really underscores how many muscles are used during pressing.

This is also why you hear people say that when you get a chest/shoulder injury...its because the back is lacking. Its something to think about

wow thanks for the quick replies. yeah its not in "PAIN" just sore when i flex it. i that it might be the serretus as well. great now its time to Grow some more

Quote Originally Posted by jab4240 View Post
    so the past couple of chest workouts i have been having some soreness for a couple days after in my lats. is it ok to still lift my back if im still a little sore? its only sore when i actually flex my lats. or should i just take the time off till its not sore at all? i dont want to hinder any gains or over work the lats and have them not grow at all!
    Well of course your lats come into play when bench pressing heavy but it shouldn't be a huge concern. lol don't worry you won't hinder gains. From what I have seen powerlifting style benching will really get the back because of how tight your whole upper body needs to be throughout the lift. Check your form on the exercises.

Made Member

can't get a big chest whitout a big set of lats