Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

Default Q & A with 2011 NPC National Overall Champion IFBB Pro Todd Jewell

The MD staff would like to welcome Todd Jewell, the 2011 NPC National Overall Champion to Team MD! Here you can ask the champ whatever floats your boat.

Now git sum!

Thanks Butch! It an honor to be part of Team MD. I am looking forward to interacting with the readers. Thank you Steve Blechman and Sean Andros for giving me this opportunity and thank you to the rest of the MD staff for making this possible.
    Last edited by Todd Jewell; December 6th, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
    www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Hey Todd,

first of all congratulations on all your success so far, its good to see hard work and dedication pay off

my question for you is: what are your thoughts of the term " growing into a show", as i believe your npc prep was on the lines of that?

and what are you plans for the next year? in terms of competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmrad View Post
    Hey Todd,

first of all congratulations on all your success so far, its good to see hard work and dedication pay off

my question for you is: what are your thoughts of the term " growing into a show", as i believe your npc prep was on the lines of that?

and what are you plans for the next year? in terms of competing.
    Thank you Dmrad! It's been a long, difficult journey. As far as "growing into a show", I know it is possible. Some people disagree but I have done it on several occasions. I believe that if you are providing your body with the stimulation to grow by training properly and also providing all the nutrients necessary to recover, you can grow into a show while still reducing body fat levels. This year was the best example of that for me. I was unable to train for 5 months following last year's Nationals and consequently lost 30 pounds of muscle. In 7 months I managed (with the help of Hany Rambod) to gain all 30 pounds back plus another 10 pounds. I weighed in a full 10 pounds heavier this year than I did last year and I was leaner. My strength was improving all the way up until the last week before Nationals.

Hany and I have not yet decided what show I will be competing in next. We are just going to take it one day at a time and see how my body responds. We are hoping to fill out my frame quite a bit more before I make my debut.
    Last edited by Todd Jewell; December 6th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Welcome to the Team Todd, great to have you here!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Hey Todd, Congrats on your Win!

What new Training Techniques did Hany Introduce to you?
    Those who persist prevail

Quote Originally Posted by jdilla2812 View Post
    Hey Todd, Congrats on your Win!

What new Training Techniques did Hany Introduce to you?
    Thank you Jdilla2812! Hany introduced me to his FST-7 training system. I have always just trained by instinct before I began working with Hany. The FST-7 style of training started making some noticeable improvements to my physique in the short amount of time I had before Nationals. I am looking forward to having a full off-season in which I can utilize these methods and see how far I can take my physique.

alright man ,, keep up the Great work!!

as far as your off season diet ,,
    what pro/carb/fat grams will you be taking in ,,

how much calories will you be eating compared to your contest prep,,
    gud luck in 2012 !!!
    Bodybuilding isn't 90 minutes in the gym... Its a lifestyle -Lee Priest

Quote Originally Posted by richieg6 View Post
    alright man ,, keep up the Great work!!

as far as your off season diet ,,
    what pro/carb/fat grams will you be taking in ,,

how much calories will you be eating compared to your contest prep,,
    gud luck in 2012 !!!
    My offseason diet will consist of roughly 900g carbs, 500g protein, and 150g fat. That is around 7000 calories compared to my contest diet at its lowest towards the last few weeks was down to about 3500 calories.

Hey Todd congrats on your new contract. Keep up the consistent hard work bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Quote Originally Posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
    Hey Todd congrats on your new contract. Keep up the consistent hard work bro!
    Thanks bro! I plan to train even harder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    My offseason diet will consist of roughly 900g carbs, 500g protein, and 150g fat. That is around 7000 calories compared to my contest diet at its lowest towards the last few weeks was down to about 3500 calories.
    FUCK!! ,, that must get VERY expensive !!

Quote Originally Posted by richieg6 View Post
    FUCK!! ,, that must get VERY expensive !!
    Ya it can be quite expensive to eat that way all year. I have found a way to get the price down a little by getting steak and chicken from a local meat wholesaler.

Congrats big man . You looked great and deserved that pro card. See you on the pro stage this year brother..

Todd Jewell is currently taking three to four weeks off from training to heal from incisional hernia surgery, which took place December 5. An incisional hernia occurs when an incision on the abdomen from a previous surgery allows the tissues of the abdomen to protrude through the muscle.
    When the 2011 NPC National Overall Champion went under the knife in December 2010 to have his gallbladder and appendix removed, the surgeon used an existing scar as one of four entry points through Todd’s abdominal wall. The incision on the ab muscle opened slightly (also known as the incisional hernia) at about six weeks out from the Nationals this year.
    In addition to repairing Jewell’s incisional hernia over his sternum December 5, the surgeon also removed scar tissue from a previous surgery (originally Todd had a lipoma removed from this location). The surgeon cut open the skin, removed the scar tissue, then closed up the hernia with a few stout stitches and sewed the skin closed horizontally this time rather than vertically like last time.
    “With any luck the scar will be very streamlined and the incision will remain closed this time,” says Todd.

^^ how long will this keep him out the gym ?

Huge Congrats Todd~ Looking forward to reading your answers

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast