Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Hey Jon

How you doing bro?Its Hussein, I watched the news lately and i heard about the storm, so i just wanted to check on you that everything is right, I pray everything is right buddy and your woman to, wish that you and your woman are all ok?!

Take care
    Hussein

Spotter

Jon I have noticed that in your front double bicep pose your forearms are very impressive. How did you develop them? Do you directly train them or do they come from heavy back days. I know not every one trains them but I think they are awesome to have. I wouldn't mind having Lee Priest sized forearms. So if you train them can you pass me some knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ii_re_leone View Post
    Hey Jon

How you doing bro?Its Hussein, I watched the news lately and i heard about the storm, so i just wanted to check on you that everything is right, I pray everything is right buddy and your woman to, wish that you and your woman are all ok?!

Take care
    Hussein
    hey hussein! all is well and we were fortunate to not have lost too much during the storm. a lot of other people were much less fortunate! thanks for checking in and i hope you and your family are doing well.
    take care my friend

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    Thanks my man!

Will you and MHP be at FIBO expo this year? If yes who else is supposed to go with you? Vic, Jose?

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Will you and MHP be at FIBO expo this year? If yes who else is supposed to go with you? Vic, Jose?
    im not sure if mhp will be sending me out. im sure vic and jose will probably get the invite though.

Hey Jon, huge fan. I figured you were the perfect pro to ask for this. I do hardwood floors for a living, and for about eight hours a day i'm doing some pretty serious physical activity. This is my first time dieting for a contest, and i was wondering if it made sense to do my cardio after working all day and training. Should i start waking up early and doing cardio or is working enough until i start getting closer? Thanks alot man, cant wait to see you on stage again.

Quote Originally Posted by tj.rondeau View Post
    Hey Jon, huge fan. I figured you were the perfect pro to ask for this. I do hardwood floors for a living, and for about eight hours a day i'm doing some pretty serious physical activity. This is my first time dieting for a contest, and i was wondering if it made sense to do my cardio after working all day and training. Should i start waking up early and doing cardio or is working enough until i start getting closer? Thanks alot man, cant wait to see you on stage again.
    hey bro,
    when i was working those long hours and breaking my back, i really had to make sure to plan ahead. this meant i had to make sure to be up at 5am and get my morning cardio in before work. the reason i did this was bc i was able to put more energy into my morning cardio then a post workout cardio session. i know it sounds crazy, but i think it makes a difference when your really enjoying your cardio as apposed to just going through the motions. Training was another animal in itself. i made sure to take a nap on the train on my way to the gym. this nap was crucial to my workout. if i didnt get this nap in, my workout was shitty. if i did, it was just the opposite! problem here is that after recovering somewhat from a long days work with that nap, my energy was more than completely zapped for my 2nd round of cardio. this takes me back to why its important to make that first session count!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    hey bro,
    when i was working those long hours and breaking my back, i really had to make sure to plan ahead. this meant i had to make sure to be up at 5am and get my morning cardio in before work. the reason i did this was bc i was able to put more energy into my morning cardio then a post workout cardio session. i know it sounds crazy, but i think it makes a difference when your really enjoying your cardio as apposed to just going through the motions. Training was another animal in itself. i made sure to take a nap on the train on my way to the gym. this nap was crucial to my workout. if i didnt get this nap in, my workout was shitty. if i did, it was just the opposite! problem here is that after recovering somewhat from a long days work with that nap, my energy was more than completely zapped for my 2nd round of cardio. this takes me back to why its important to make that first session count!
    Jon
    What do you think of drinking diet coke during your contest prep?
    Thanks
    CDG

Quote Originally Posted by charles david View Post
    Jon
    What do you think of drinking diet coke during your contest prep?
    Thanks
    CDG
    i dont see a problem with it from time to time but water is your best bet for most of your fluids throughout your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    i dont see a problem with it from time to time but water is your best bet for most of your fluids throughout your day.
    Hey jon
    Couple questions for you today:
    1)how many grams of carbs do you consume during your contest prep?
    2)up to how much cardio do you do pre contest and what pieces of equipment do you recommand?
    Thanks bro
    CDG

Hey Jon,
    I know you train your clients out of Life Health and Fitness in Astoria. I've also seen some vids of you at other gyms in the NYC area (Steel Gym, Complete Body & Spa formerly known as 19th street gym, Bev Francis Powerhouse)... Do you recommend any other gyms in the NYC area especially in Queens?

Spotter

Just watched the vid showing off your crib. Any time you want to learn how to play some COD add XanLmaLX haha. kill shit bro!!

Hey Jon, I gotta a couple of questions for you. Im getting ready for my second show (natural bbing) which is in 9 days (march 30th), ive dieted my ass off literaly lol, I have planned my peaking process and i just want to run it by you. Last year i worked with a really good coach, but i peaked too early n ended up looking ok, placed 3rd but couldve done MUCH better.

Im planning on carb loading starting thursday for the saturday show (which is run as one event pre judge and finals, both in the evening)
    Is 2grms of carbs/lbs enough ?
    What would you do to maintain your peak until showtime which is at 5 pm ?
    Im also cutting water at about 18 hrs before the show (sips only after) and im using Xpel as well.

What would you do differently ?

I really apreciate your input!!

PS: your two latest videos were awesome

what's a good way to get rid of the extra sodium .. because i'm eating so much chicken it has plenty of sodium..just wondering what else i can do to get rid of it so i can dry up a bit better...water is high.. sauna??

Quote Originally Posted by pappa0901 View Post
    what's a good way to get rid of the extra sodium .. because i'm eating so much chicken it has plenty of sodium..just wondering what else i can do to get rid of it so i can dry up a bit better...water is high.. sauna??
    I'm not Jon, but yuo can boil it in distilled water - that gets most of the sodium out.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast