Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    hey Jon best of luck to you and swan on the opening of the store...you will do fine brother, good luck
    thank you buddy!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/jkn2282...ignature-shoe# I got a 39/46. I figured might enjoy this quiz

Dedicated Noob

Hi John,

Firstly great performance in NY some great improvements from last year! I read in MD that your you carb up you dont go super high carbs, you just go back to your "normal" amount of carbs and you also dont eat much on th day of the show?

What is your normal amount of carbs and would do u eat show day? last show I had just a few bits of turkey and sweet potato every hour or so.... was a little flat.

Thanks!

Hey jon,
    When you carb cycle how do you rotate you carbs

Example: monday-400, Tuesday-300, wensday-200, Thursday-100 then start it back over?

whats up peeps? you guys pumped up for the olympia??? ill let you all in on a little secret! vic is up 20lbs from his NY pro appearance and in the same condition!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    whats up peeps? you guys pumped up for the olympia??? ill let you all in on a little secret! vic is up 20lbs from his NY pro appearance and in the same condition!
    Good news,i believe Victor is going to make a great Olympia appearance this year.!
    "“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”"

Muscle Head

How's the offseason going Jon? Has this off season been harder now that you and Swann have Nutrition Locker to run as well?

Quote Originally Posted by twan17 View Post
    How's the offseason going Jon? Has this off season been harder now that you and Swann have Nutrition Locker to run as well?
    off season has been awesome! it is quite difficult owning and operating the store but swann and i make a great team! i have big big plans for next season! thanks for the love bro

Jon,

Off of the bodybuilding topic, how difficult was it for you and Swann to start your company? What was the hardest part? Being a young entrepreneur in the beginning stages of starting a company, what suggestions could you make based off of your experience.

Thanks and best wishes!

Deak
    Instagram: Deak007

It was difficult for me to give up the security of a stable job and income and invest it all into a dream. that for me was the most difficult, after that it was making sure that you have a plan of attack. you don't want to start a business and have no clue as to how the business operates. make sure you have done your research and are willing to invest plenty of time into your new venture. I'm currently spending anywhere from 60-70 hrs a week here at nutrition locker

It was difficult for me to give up the security of a stable job and income and invest it all into a dream. that for me was the most difficult, after that it was making sure that you have a plan of attack. you don't want to start a business and have no clue as to how the business operates. make sure you have done your research and are willing to invest plenty of time into your new venture. I'm currently spending anywhere from 60-70 hrs a week here at nutrition locker
    Wow! 60-70hrs/week... A buddy and I just started a company that is in its beginning stages... and since we both have full time jobs it is difficult to spend a lot of time on it right now. Weekends are our only friend when it comes to time. My wife is in full support of it, which was half of the battle in getting it started, so balancing the time commitment and spending time with her and our two pups is quite difficult. I have an intermediate goal to make it my full time job in 2-3 years when my wife finishes her PH.D, and starts making over double what i make(and we live on)... I appreciate your insight!
    Deak
    Instagram: Deak007

hey jon, first congrats to you and swan!! whats your take on BCAA between meals. depending on who you talk to or what guru you read, there are so many schools of thought about its effect from waste of money and does do shit to its a must?@?@?@?

Hey john,

i follow you on instagram and i've noticed you have been incorporating a lot of yoga and outdoor cardio sessions, how much more beneficial have you found doing those two things? also how many times a week do you dedicate time to do those things?

Quote Originally Posted by deak007 View Post
    Wow! 60-70hrs/week... A buddy and I just started a company that is in its beginning stages... and since we both have full time jobs it is difficult to spend a lot of time on it right now. Weekends are our only friend when it comes to time. My wife is in full support of it, which was half of the battle in getting it started, so balancing the time commitment and spending time with her and our two pups is quite difficult. I have an intermediate goal to make it my full time job in 2-3 years when my wife finishes her PH.D, and starts making over double what i make(and we live on)... I appreciate your insight!
    Deak
    anytime buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    hey jon, first congrats to you and swan!! whats your take on BCAA between meals. depending on who you talk to or what guru you read, there are so many schools of thought about its effect from waste of money and does do shit to its a must?@?@?@?
    Thank you buddy! BCAAs are a supplement i take during my training only. not sure how complicated i want to make things and I'm pretty sure sticking to the basics works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmrad View Post
    Hey john,

i follow you on instagram and i've noticed you have been incorporating a lot of yoga and outdoor cardio sessions, how much more beneficial have you found doing those two things? also how many times a week do you dedicate time to do those things?
    lmao thats so funny. that yoga pic caused quite the hysteria! anyways I'm just being me buddy. no real reason to doing these things but to just keep life interesting and fun. i know carrying a lot of weight and not being active isn't too healthy so why not go out and walk around the neighborhood. same with stretching. i know i need to stretch more which will help in growth, so why not just do something that will get a few laughs and still do what needs to be done. bottom line i try not to take life too serious these days!

thanks man
    Thank you buddy! BCAAs are a supplement i take during my training only. not sure how complicated i want to make things and I'm pretty sure sticking to the basics works best.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast