Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

What's it like training with your dad? Must be amazing to share all this with him, since I doubt many bb's out there also have dads who A) train at all, and B) train and compete as bodybuilders.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

I asked him this question in another thread Ron, as my dad is the one who got me into lifting. He is not competitive bb but he is 6'1 255. We lifted in our basement with old grungy weights and I went from 135lbs to 189lbs in 6 yrs. Not only did we push heavy weights, but some of lifes best lessons were taught to me in that basement. Wouldnt change it for anything. Jon is lucky to still be able to train with his dad, its pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla02 View Post
    I asked him this question in another thread Ron, as my dad is the one who got me into lifting. He is not competitive bb but he is 6'1 255. We lifted in our basement with old grungy weights and I went from 135lbs to 189lbs in 6 yrs. Not only did we push heavy weights, but some of lifes best lessons were taught to me in that basement. Wouldnt change it for anything. Jon is lucky to still be able to train with his dad, its pretty awesome.
    Wow, good for you. Some days teach those lessons out fishing or hunting, you got huge learning yours!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Dedicated Noob

Welcome Mr Delarosa.

I would like to ask you what´s your favorite weekly split routine and what is your kind of workout for arms to gain mass.
    Thank you for the atention.

Wish you the best for your future as a Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti View Post
    Welcome Mr Delarosa.

I would like to ask you what´s your favorite weekly split routine and what is your kind of workout for arms to gain mass.
    Thank you for the atention.

Wish you the best for your future as a Pro.
    hey buddy,
    my split usually consists of 2 days on 1 day off. my workouts are also usually based on how much energy i had to put into my work day. if i had a heavy workload that particular day, it probably wont be the day that i will be doing heavy squats or deadlifts. if all goes well i will train chest,back,off,shoulders,bis and tris, legs.
    thanks for your support!

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Jon! Great Leg pressing in the video with Mr Olympia Phil Heath! Im stoked to see you step up your game at the NY PRO!

Jon, you only have about 6 weeks left in the off-season before you start NY Pro prep. What are you focusing on the most right now, and what progress have you already made overall and in key areas since the USA?

Yo big boy your starting prep mid Jan ?? Thats a little bit early isn't it? thats like 18 weeks of prep .How in shape are you now

ayo jon, im a big vic martinez fan and now u, thats a sik watch you got on in ur md spread is it an invitca?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Wow, good for you. Some days teach those lessons out fishing or hunting, you got huge learning yours!
    haha Ya thats a good way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
    Yo big boy your starting prep mid Jan ?? Thats a little bit early isn't it? thats like 18 weeks of prep .How in shape are you now
    sup big bro! im in pretty good shape now but i am starting my prep on jan 28th which is 16 weeks out. i have to make sure im looking right to step on stage with you and the rest of the monsters!!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Hey Jon! Great Leg pressing in the video with Mr Olympia Phil Heath! Im stoked to see you step up your game at the NY PRO!
    thank you dan. training with phil was a pretty incredible experience and a great opportunity to learn from one of the best in the game! i was soaking up every word he said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mossdalemuscle View Post
    ayo jon, im a big vic martinez fan and now u, thats a sik watch you got on in ur md spread is it an invitca?
    thanks brother. it is an invicta watch. that thing is a beast! my favorite watch thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Jon, you only have about 6 weeks left in the off-season before you start NY Pro prep. What are you focusing on the most right now, and what progress have you already made overall and in key areas since the USA?
    hey ron, right now i am focusing on putting on some thickness to my back and shoulders. i feel that i have def made the improvements in those areas thus far and am really looking to bring an overall better package than the usa! i also want to improve on bringing better conditioning to the stage come may 19!

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Jon What are you looking to improve for the Ny Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by crzybreaks View Post
    sup big bro! im in pretty good shape now but i am starting my prep on jan 28th which is 16 weeks out. i have to make sure im looking right to step on stage with you and the rest of the monsters!!
    Good plan bro you ,me and the other youngsters need to retire these old men still competing HA HA .What are you holding at currently weight wise?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
    Good plan bro you ,me and the other youngsters need to retire these old men still competing HA HA .What are you holding at currently weight wise?
    ha i know! i am excited for our futures in this sport, its going to be a lot of fun in the coming years! right now im in the low 260's.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast