Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

It's pretty awesome that your dad is posting here too. I bet a lot of dads don't even know how to go online!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    It's pretty awesome that your dad is posting here too. I bet a lot of dads don't even know how to go online!
    lol your probably right ron. unfortunately a lot of people have fell out of touch with technology. for me its no surprise! he has always been very involved in my life so when i signed the contract officially becoming part of md, they also picked up my pop! lol

Nobody

Default tendonitous

MD is happy to announce that Jon Delarosa is in the house!

Ask Jon what you want here!
    [/QUOTE]
    Hi Jon,

first let me congratulate you on your pro card it was richly deserved I was there in vegas on that day & you definately improved on last year's proformance. Your back was bigger and you didn't let your competition out size you the fact is your always in great cut condition size is want you needed and size is want you gave them.

Now my question, I'm having some issues with my elbow and forearm tendon. On back day when I do my pull ups I must be over using my biceps and by the end my elbow especially my right one is burning and inflamed. I cant properly do my bicep workout even with 3 days rest at this piont I've taken a 2 week break on training just to give the elbow a rest. I'm taking Animal flex twice a day to get my joints better but I don't see any progress in the tendon pain. If I tense my bicep I can still fell the pulling tendon its on fire. whats your advice. Have a great rookie pro season I will be there to cheer you on at the NY Pro best of luck Dominicano.
    BXGMAN

Quote Originally Posted by crzybreaks View Post
    oh man this is a tough question to answer but im going to have to.....dont hate me but, i never train them! if i do wrist curls once a year its a lot!
    Lol i had a feeling that might be your answer, maybe ill just do more seated calf raises to make them grow
    Those who persist prevail

whats your macros like now days john?

Quote Originally Posted by bxgman View Post

MD is happy to announce that Jon Delarosa is in the house!

Ask Jon what you want here!
    Hi Jon,

first let me congratulate you on your pro card it was richly deserved I was there in vegas on that day & you definately improved on last year's proformance. Your back was bigger and you didn't let your competition out size you the fact is your always in great cut condition size is want you needed and size is want you gave them.

Now my question, I'm having some issues with my elbow and forearm tendon. On back day when I do my pull ups I must be over using my biceps and by the end my elbow especially my right one is burning and inflamed. I cant properly do my bicep workout even with 3 days rest at this piont I've taken a 2 week break on training just to give the elbow a rest. I'm taking Animal flex twice a day to get my joints better but I don't see any progress in the tendon pain. If I tense my bicep I can still fell the pulling tendon its on fire. whats your advice. Have a great rookie pro season I will be there to cheer you on at the NY Pro best of luck Dominicano.
    BXGMAN[/QUOTE]

If your having tendon issues maybe you should rest on using any exercises that may irritate the tendon. Also see if you can do any massage therapy on there.

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    whats your macros like now days john?
    Not really sure what my macros are as of now. I'm just enjoying the holidays and plenty of food with my family!

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

lol your probably right ron. unfortunately a lot of people have fell out of touch with technology. for me its no surprise! he has always been very involved in my life so when i signed the contract officially becoming part of md, they also picked up my pop! lol
    Your very blessed to have such a great Dad Jon,when is you MD column coming to print?

Not really sure what my macros are as of now. I'm just enjoying the holidays and plenty of food with my family!
    Round this time of year you just gotta chill and have a good happy time. Ik during the holidays (this week) i dont count calories that takes time away from my family and potential stress considering calories from homemade cookies must add up rapidly lol. Good to see you have your priorities straight Jon keep it up!

Dedicated Noob

Hey John, just wanted to get advice regarding quad sweep. What are your suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by afresk View Post
    Round this time of year you just gotta chill and have a good happy time. Ik during the holidays (this week) i dont count calories that takes time away from my family and potential stress considering calories from homemade cookies must add up rapidly lol. Good to see you have your priorities straight Jon keep it up!
    thanks buddy! family is always first on my list!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Your very blessed to have such a great Dad Jon,when is you MD column coming to print?
    hey dan, i am truly blessed to have the family that i have! i believe that the column should be starting from the jan issue.

Quote Originally Posted by buschman400 View Post
    Hey John, just wanted to get advice regarding quad sweep. What are your suggestions?
    i love hitting the hack squat and getting my feet a little closer than shoulder width. try it and let me know what you think.

Dedicated Noob

i love hitting the hack squat and getting my feet a little closer than shoulder width. try it and let me know what you think.
    Thanks Bro I really Appreciated it

Hey Jon, congrats on joining Team MD! Cool to see the blue collar bodybuilder get some props lol
    I just seen the 2nd part of your arms video and u said u like to keep ur rep range around 12 in the off-season. What is ur rep range pre-contest then and have u tried the opposite, i.e. less reps off-season/more reps pre-contest? Reason I ask is because it doesn't seem like the norm, but obviously its working for u. Thanks and congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by A-Trizzle View Post
    Hey Jon, congrats on joining Team MD! Cool to see the blue collar bodybuilder get some props lol
    I just seen the 2nd part of your arms video and u said u like to keep ur rep range around 12 in the off-season. What is ur rep range pre-contest then and have u tried the opposite, i.e. less reps off-season/more reps pre-contest? Reason I ask is because it doesn't seem like the norm, but obviously its working for u. Thanks and congrats again!
    hey buddy, your right. when im in full blown off season i like to keep my rep range between 8-10 but because i am closer to my prep being a few weeks away i am giving my body a bit of a break. shortly after i start my prep i will bring my rep range back to 8-12 and towards the end i will bring it back to the 12-15. i like to do it this way because it keeps everything guessing and keeps me GROWING!!!

hey buddy, your right. when im in full blown off season i like to keep my rep range between 8-10 but because i am closer to my prep being a few weeks away i am giving my body a bit of a break. shortly after i start my prep i will bring my rep range back to 8-12 and towards the end i will bring it back to the 12-15. i like to do it this way because it keeps everything guessing and keeps me GROWING!!!
    That is a awesome approach and smart way to avoid injury as well. Will take note to this no doubt!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast