Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    That's what I love to see - so many outrageous claims out there but few of them back their shit up with video.
    lol thanks ron!!! getting it done!!

yea thats an impressive vid there, ive seen pretty much all those videos, ive noticed in one of the vids diesel struggling on 600lb deadlift although 1 week out from a contest, and in offseason seen vids of him pulling 700lbs easy and going to over 750lb in some vids, he obv looses a lot of strength near the end, are u the same too?

ive always heard of some guys saying they are stronger at the end of their diet but surely that cant be true, ive never managed to keep all my strength when dieting to get into low digits!

Nobody

Jon youve become my favorite bodybuilder and I admire your work ethic. Working a full time job other than bodybuilding while staying on track as a bodybuilder is amazing. I just had a question about dieting. I'm 17 and I'm trying to gain lean muscle mass but getting enough beef and chicken for a solid diet can be expensive considering both my parents are unemployed. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to create a solid diet plan with a somewhat limited budget. Thanks and good luck to you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    yea thats an impressive vid there, ive seen pretty much all those videos, ive noticed in one of the vids diesel struggling on 600lb deadlift although 1 week out from a contest, and in offseason seen vids of him pulling 700lbs easy and going to over 750lb in some vids, he obv looses a lot of strength near the end, are u the same too?

ive always heard of some guys saying they are stronger at the end of their diet but surely that cant be true, ive never managed to keep all my strength when dieting to get into low digits!
    i def end up losing some of my strength towards the end of my prep but not by much. i dont know if its more mental for some but for me i try not to allow what im eating dictate how i feel in or out of the gym. yea it is easier to feel good with a burger in your belly but i feel just as good with some grilled chicken and yams.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer18 View Post
    Jon youve become my favorite bodybuilder and I admire your work ethic. Working a full time job other than bodybuilding while staying on track as a bodybuilder is amazing. I just had a question about dieting. I'm 17 and I'm trying to gain lean muscle mass but getting enough beef and chicken for a solid diet can be expensive considering both my parents are unemployed. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions as to create a solid diet plan with a somewhat limited budget. Thanks and good luck to you in the future.
    hey buddy, trying to build a bigger and better physique can get quite expensive but there are ways for you to get your macros in on a budget. a cheap protein source can come from tuna. a can of tuna is relatively inexpensive and high in protein as well. carbs in general are not too expensive if you go for rice or oatmeal.

Every week of your prep you should post a couple pics -
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

[QUOTE=Ron Harris;2937940]Every week of your prep you should post a couple pics -[/QUO
    will do....here is the first one @ 263lbs!

Dedicated Noob

jon, how much protein do you usually get a day currently offseason vs. precontest?

jon, what are your favorite pair of jordans youve been wearing lately, and as a working man myself (electrician) i know how much it sucks to go to the gym sometimes after work. how does your split work, do you sometimes have to take a day off and go on sunday instead? i know i read you train five days a weeek and it was something like, chest, legs, off, back, shoulders, arms.

[QUOTE=crzybreaks;2939176]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Every week of your prep you should post a couple pics -[/QUO
    will do....here is the first one @ 263lbs!
    There we go! Your arms are almost bigger than your head now.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    jon, what are your favorite pair of jordans youve been wearing lately, and as a working man myself (electrician) i know how much it sucks to go to the gym sometimes after work. how does your split work, do you sometimes have to take a day off and go on sunday instead? i know i read you train five days a weeek and it was something like, chest, legs, off, back, shoulders, arms.
    i love wearing the 10's!!i usually take of on mon and fridays from training!

hi jon, i know u back squat heavy with no belt, do you believe in the theory that beltless heavy squatting low reps build a thick waist?? do you think it depends on the person because some people believe it can, whilst others believe it doesnt ...

Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    hi jon, i know u back squat heavy with no belt, do you believe in the theory that beltless heavy squatting low reps build a thick waist?? do you think it depends on the person because some people believe it can, whilst others believe it doesnt ...
    i dont believe it does. i like squatting without a belt because i feel it restricts your bodies natural range of motion. i believe that if you can control your breathing and be conscious of your form during the exercise you shouldnt have any issues.

Dedicated Noob

Hello Mr Delarosa. I would like to ask you if you had to work 4 days/week and did arms on one day, what would be the best split to do? By the way, i can only do 2/3 exercices for legs because i had a accident and canīt do much legs. Thank you very much for the attention. wish you the best.

i would probably end up going off a 2 on 1 off split and have it look something like..day 1-back day 2-chest and shoulders day 3-off day 4- legs day 5-arms

Dedicated Noob

Hey Jon!!! Big fan, I'm really inspired by your physique!!! I was wondering what the best way is to get a chest more striated? I know diet is a big part, but what type of training would you suggest? Thanks-Jake

Jon, I just wanted to know if you prefer more volume or intensity based workouts? Do you do more pyramid style training adding weight each set or do you work up to a good weight and do all your working sets with it?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast