Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 217

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

  1. #120
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    BX
    Posts
    312
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Great package at the NY PRO Jon, unfortunately they gave you the wrong placing. I believe you were a strong 2nd or 3rd, but 5th?? what is wrong with these judges.

  2. #121
    Spotter J_TRAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    116
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Big jon! Congrats on pro debut. How much cardio do you get up to during your prep?

  3. #122
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    thanks again everyone for the overwhelming show of support! you guys are great!

  4. #123
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 28tony View Post
    Great package at the NY PRO Jon, unfortunately they gave you the wrong placing. I believe you were a strong 2nd or 3rd, but 5th?? what is wrong with these judges.
    i think that the judges had their work cut out for them on that day! no one athlete in my mind stood out as the clear winner. cedric was very impressive and complete but a little softer than expected so he left the door open for joj to come close with his insane muscle thickness. steve, juan, and i were all very close too. while they stood taller and more imposing i gave it my best not to allow them to overshadow me. all in all i felt happy with the results. at the very least i proved to myself that i can hang with these monsters!!! lol

  5. #124
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J_TRAIN View Post
    Big jon! Congrats on pro debut. How much cardio do you get up to during your prep?
    i was doing 2 hours on the stepmill a day!!!! ouch!!! funny thing is i wanted to do well so bad that most of the time spent on there was visualizing battling with these guys so it went by most of the time like a breeze!

  6. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    i was doing 2 hours on the stepmill a day!!!! ouch!!! funny thing is i wanted to do well so bad that most of the time spent on there was visualizing battling with these guys so it went by most of the time like a breeze!
    ye you surprised me the most , didnt realise you could look that good on stage, do u know roughly your macros 4 weeks out of the show whilst doing 2 hrs cardio a day? do u think that much cardio was needed or do u just prefer it rather than drop food down lower ??

    what was your stage weight, would u or could u suck it down to 212 class?

  7. #126
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukstrongman View Post
    ye you surprised me the most , didnt realise you could look that good on stage, do u know roughly your macros 4 weeks out of the show whilst doing 2 hrs cardio a day? do u think that much cardio was needed or do u just prefer it rather than drop food down lower ??

    what was your stage weight, would u or could u suck it down to 212 class?
    thanks buddy. my cals were pretty high throughout most of my prep. i tried this method bc fahkri believes in keeping your food intake high and just bumping up your cardio to keep the fat falling off. i did feel it was necessary if we were keeping my cals high. i weighed in at 221 so sucking down to 212 at this point and especially with another solid off season to me would be a waste. i work hard to put muscle on and the last thing im going to do is strip it off to make 212.

  8. #127
    Barbarian christianausdemspreewald's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    good old Germany
    Posts
    515
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Jon,
    when we will see you again on stage? I hope soon so that you're can make trouble in Vegas :-)
    Your shape is great!

    cheers
    Christian

  9. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    thanks buddy. my cals were pretty high throughout most of my prep. i tried this method bc fahkri believes in keeping your food intake high and just bumping up your cardio to keep the fat falling off. i did feel it was necessary if we were keeping my cals high. i weighed in at 221 so sucking down to 212 at this point and especially with another solid off season to me would be a waste. i work hard to put muscle on and the last thing im going to do is strip it off to make 212.
    ye his way is totally different to someone like chris aceto who is less cardio and less calories, which is kind of what I follow genearlly just because I probably wont have time to do 2 hrs cardio i dont think!

    jon, got another very important Q for myself, Ive been dieting now 8 weeks, and am in pretty lean condition (just for myself) i estimate around a solid 10-11% bodyfat level full abs tenses, ribs showing through, now ive been training weights 4 x a week and doing cardio 5x morning at 40minutes each time and i do no cardio after weights......

    I start a new job in 2 weeks which means I will be away travelling the Uk for a while so I will have time to fit in training with weights, but not sure if I can do 2 sessions a day (one cardio, one weights). Now considering Im dieting just to get into lean condition i estimate i have another 4kg to lose to get into excellent shape which I would be very happy with (me being tough on myself) so thats around 4 weeks of dieting..... is there anyway i can diet with just 1 session a day... say do weights and then cardio straight after for 40minutes or is that too much? also on my offdays (i would have 3 of them) I could do cardio on those days too maybe even longer session? or maybe in the evening do a jog on the street session?

    ive never really done much cardio after a session for fear id harm muscle or whatever but im not sure.. Im going to send this Q to few other pros on here and see the opinions.... thanks!

  10. #129
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Jon, Great to see a mechanic from a blue collar background make it. You dont see many maintenance types get to where your at, your an inspiration to us all. I've read where you would take your meals along with you while you worked. I was wondering how did you get past the protien milk shakes, I personally havent figured out how to take my shakes without bloating or spending the next hour in the bathrooms. I've just restarted lifting after having to sit out from a real bad auto accident, you know when you work all the time, then spend a couple of hours at the gym, sometimes you can go to far. I woke up after a month of induced sleep so to say. Even though I cant work legs I still push my upper body. If I can just get past the shake thing I feel I will start growing again.
    Thanks for showing how you can work a heavy job and still get big enough to turn pro.
    Tim Foust

  11. #130

    Default

    hey bro jus curious r u getting anymore tats? or now that ur a pro getting them removed?

  12. #131
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverknight View Post
    Hey Jon, Great to see a mechanic from a blue collar background make it. You dont see many maintenance types get to where your at, your an inspiration to us all. I've read where you would take your meals along with you while you worked. I was wondering how did you get past the protien milk shakes, I personally havent figured out how to take my shakes without bloating or spending the next hour in the bathrooms. I've just restarted lifting after having to sit out from a real bad auto accident, you know when you work all the time, then spend a couple of hours at the gym, sometimes you can go to far. I woke up after a month of induced sleep so to say. Even though I cant work legs I still push my upper body. If I can just get past the shake thing I feel I will start growing again.
    Thanks for showing how you can work a heavy job and still get big enough to turn pro.
    Tim Foust
    Thank you buddy! That means a lot given that it was a hard road to get to this point! The protein shakes have always been pretty easy for me to digest but that could also be bc I don't have any problems with eating at all. Check a different brand of protein and see how your stomach handles it. I use mhp isofast 50 for a quick meal with no bloat or cramping!

  13. #132
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mossdalemuscle View Post
    hey bro jus curious r u getting anymore tats? or now that ur a pro getting them removed?
    No more tats for now! I have always had a thing for body art but I take this bodybuilding thing pretty serious and don't want to be marked down for not being able to see what needs to be seen. I figured I might pull a flex and get tatted later on after my bb career is done!

  14. #133
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    32
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hello JOHN! u are an amazing person!

    hows your offseason going? who is your dietision?

    whats your BF in the offseason usaually?

    keep it up man, next time it will be you on top!

  15. #134
    IFBB PRO Jon Delarosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    westchester,ny
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flex22 View Post
    Hello JOHN! u are an amazing person!

    hows your offseason going? who is your dietision?

    whats your BF in the offseason usaually?

    keep it up man, next time it will be you on top!
    Thank you buddy! Off season is going great! I'm currently 260 and in very good shape for appearances and such. I'm currently working with fakari Mubarak.

  16. #135
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,797
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Jon that Vanilla pudding from mhp is unreal! I hope to see you sunday in brooklyn at the Rise of Titans event!

  17. #136
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    26
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hi Jon, how do you maintain a small waist? Do you watch portion sizes ,or maybe do a lot of core movements? All the best in the future!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •