Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa

Barbarian christianausdemspreewald's Avatar

Hey Jon,
    when we will see you again on stage? I hope soon so that you're can make trouble in Vegas :-)
    Your shape is great!

cheers
    Christian

Muscle Head

Jon, how did you alter your leg training (if at all) leading up to the New York doing 2 hours a day on the StepMill? That's some kind of dedication right there!

Spotter

Jon I know you are an advocate of pullups. When doing wide grip pullups from a straight bar do you concern yourself with getting your chin above the bar. Also whats an ideal post workout shake in your opinion or are you old school and prefer solid food. Also way late but congrats on your rookie year, thought you should have placed higher in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
    Hey Jon,
    when we will see you again on stage? I hope soon so that you're can make trouble in Vegas :-)
    Your shape is great!

cheers
    Christian
    thanks buddy but im all done for this year. i want to be able to at least contend for top 10 in the world when i do the O so for now its time to make improvements!

Quote Originally Posted by roughouse View Post
    Jon, how did you alter your leg training (if at all) leading up to the New York doing 2 hours a day on the StepMill? That's some kind of dedication right there!
    my leg training didnt change at all actually. still went balls to the wall! the only thing i didnt do was my second cardio of the day on the stepmill, being that it would be right after my leg workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking212 View Post
    Jon I know you are an advocate of pullups. When doing wide grip pullups from a straight bar do you concern yourself with getting your chin above the bar. Also whats an ideal post workout shake in your opinion or are you old school and prefer solid food. Also way late but congrats on your rookie year, thought you should have placed higher in New York.
    i dont concern myself with getting my chin above the bar but i do really try and focus on squeezing my scapula as close together as possible. i do like having a postworkout shake actually. i feel that its a quicker way to get some of the things you need for recovery in quick. i usually hit 2 scoops of MHP dark matter and wait 15 minutes then hit 3 scoops of MHP isofast50! thanks for your support about ny. the placing i got does not matter as much to me as the impression i left! ill be back bigger and better next year for round 2!!!

just a fyi. i just got in from a great trip to dominican republic and meeting some great people. i will have an interesting read in my blog about the people in d.r. and the athletes who just competed! talk about finding motivation!!! these guys dont have half the resources we have yet they still made it to the stage and looked incredible!

Spotter

Jon what do you think about eating whole grain english muffin. Do you think its a good carb source or should I stick with oatmeal. Also after training I consume food immediatly since it takes me an hour to get home on the bus. Do you think this is productive or should I stick with a good whey isolate and a banana.

Hey Jon

How are you?My name is Hussein, I met you at the LVH hotel cafe, we had a little chat at the cafe it was late night after long day in the Expo, I told you that im from Iran and i was there for attending the olympia.
    I guess you did remmber me, anyways Just wanted to say hello.

Thanks & take care
    Hussein

Loving reading these blogs thanks for answering the questions Jon
    www.bodycatchers.com Affordable, Tailored Online Training & Nutrition

Dedicated Noob

whats your offseaon diet bro?:?

would love to know!

Jon what do you think about eating whole grain english muffin. Do you think its a good carb source or should I stick with oatmeal. Also after training I consume food immediatly since it takes me an hour to get home on the bus. Do you think this is productive or should I stick with a good whey isolate and a banana.
    Whole grain English muffin should be ok if your not dieting for any competition. I like to stick more to the basics when I eat my carbs in the morning. Oatmeal, cream of rice on high carb days or p28bread. I would have the whey post workout with some carbs then have a whole food meal when I get home an hour or so later.

Quote Originally Posted by ii_re_leone View Post
    Hey Jon

How are you?My name is Hussein, I met you at the LVH hotel cafe, we had a little chat at the cafe it was late night after long day in the Expo, I told you that im from Iran and i was there for attending the olympia.
    I guess you did remmber me, anyways Just wanted to say hello.

Thanks & take care
    Hussein
    Hi Hussein. I def remember talking with you. Are you back home or are you still here in the states? If not I hope you and your wife and kids have safe travels back home. Take care my friend

Quote Originally Posted by OJay View Post
    Loving reading these blogs thanks for answering the questions Jon
    No problem buddy! I'm happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by flex22 View Post
    whats your offseaon diet bro?:?

would love to know!
    Ahhh too much to write down but if you follow me on Instagram you can see pics of my food that I post daily!

Spotter

Jon whats the best rep range for deadlifts when trying to put on mass. I do deadlifts as part of my back workout and they are my last exercise. In your experience what tips on deadlifts would you give me when trying to build a better back.

Jon whats the best rep range for deadlifts when trying to put on mass. I do deadlifts as part of my back workout and they are my last exercise. In your experience what tips on deadlifts would you give me when trying to build a better back.
    You want to do this exercise with adequate weight but not so much that you are compromising form. As in any exercise if performed in good form you will get good results. I like to keep my rep range between 8-10 in this exercise.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast