Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 16 weeks out!

Default 16 weeks out!

Hey folks! I'm 16 weeks out, looking for critiques, constructive criticism.... I'm dieting through the holidays for the first time lol! I'm hoping to max out the lightweight class in 3 NPC shows next year! I'm about 173.6 first thing in the morning here (and 5'6" just so you guys know!)
    16 weeks out....

Shoulders and quads are looking good. Try to add some more size to your arms,chest and back width and thickness. 154 should put u pretty lean. Glad to hear u are dieting 16 weeks out. I think it is better for someone young like u to take your time leaning out, so u can hold onto as much muscle as possible. Good luck with your shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    Shoulders and quads are looking good. Try to add some more size to your arms,chest and back width and thickness. 154 should put u pretty lean. Glad to hear u are dieting 16 weeks out. I think it is better for someone young like u to take your time leaning out, so u can hold onto as much muscle as possible. Good luck with your shows.
    Thanks, Jude! Always great to hear your feedback! I'm currently hitting arms 2x a week and hitting side delts on shoulder day (obviously) and then again on chest day. I'm looking at re-doing my split, I was training back and shoulders together (focusing more on width)... but I'm thinking I should go back to just doing a back day again. I'll be posting updated pics in the contest prep journal section! I'm hoping to be super-shredded at 154, I'm a big believer in conditioning! I actually started dieting before thanksgiving (so 20 weeks total)!

I think it is a good idea to have a back day only, so u can hit width and thickness hard. Yes conditioning is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    I think it is a good idea to have a back day only, so u can hit width and thickness hard. Yes conditioning is key.
    Yup, that's what I did today! I saw the pump I had at the end and I could see a difference! It was just a pump, but I know doing this consistently will bring the results I'm looking for.... Thanks again for your feedback!