Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 55

Thread: Palumboism and HGH/roid gut

  1. #1
    Amateur Threat theadamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    京都 日本
    Posts
    1,186
    Gender
    Male

    Default Palumboism and HGH/roid gut

    does anyone know what actually caused palumboism in people like Dave Palumbo and Greg Kovacs? this didn't exist in the early days of bodybuilding so do you think these guys were using higher doses of old school stuff or do you think the newer stuff caused it? is the HGH gut possibly the early signs of palumboism?
    these are pictures of palumboism.

    2008331103650_kovacs4.jpg2008331103555_Palumbo_2.jpg
    And mods, I hope this post is okay, feel free to delete it if it's not.

  2. #2
    Atlas D-NUTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    11,206
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    LOTS of food, slin, and gh. Add in sub-par genetics and this is what you look like.

  3. #3
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    This steroid abuser has it also, except he looks like he never lifted a weight in his life.




  4. #4
    Amateur Threat theadamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    京都 日本
    Posts
    1,186
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    one theory that I recently read was that palumboism starts as HGH gut but once the enlarged organs are pushing on the spinal column hard enough to impinge nerves the limbs begin to shrink. but this wouldn't explain the weird porcelain-like skin.

  5. #5
    Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,755

    Default

    Drug abuse. Excess consumption of food does not cause physique dis-figuration, fat ass yes, jelly belly yes.

    "Palumboism" is a dangerous mental illness early treatment is essential. One tends to loose sense of what is healthy and balanced, and focus entirely on physique disfigurement, excess drug abuse and unhealthy outlook on life in general.
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

  6. #6
    Atlas D-NUTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    11,206
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    Drug abuse. Excess consumption of food does not cause physique dis-figuration, fat ass yes, jelly belly yes. Palumboism is a dangerous mental illness early treatment is essential.
    Really? Fuck, I take back what I said.

  7. #7
    Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    Really? Fuck, I take back what I said.
    No you are partially accurate in your assumption. And excess calories do alter the physique, but not the point of complete meltdown.
    NYC Golden Gloves...Here I come!

  8. #8
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    massive hGH + massive insulin = massive levels of IGF

    IGF receptors most dense in visceral organs.

    Gut formed.

  9. #9
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Dave is too cool a guy to dog him threads like this

  10. #10
    Amateur Threat theadamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    京都 日本
    Posts
    1,186
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
    Dave is too cool a guy to dog him threads like this
    yea, I know. I kind of felt bad posting it, but I think it would benefit the bodybuilding community if there was more information about "palumboism".
    If Dave would tell us exactly what happened we wouldn't need to try to figure it out. plus less palumboism would definitely benefit bodybuilding's image...

  11. #11
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
    Dave is too cool a guy to dog him threads like this
    Well he did and does still post horrible drug advice so fuck him, he deserves what he gets.

  12. #12
    Amateur Threat theadamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    京都 日本
    Posts
    1,186
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Well he did and does still post horrible drug advice so fuck him, he deserves what he gets.
    I've wondered why people listen to him knowing how he ended up.... I've heard he's a really nice, helpful guy, but taking advice from him might not be the best idea.. :/
    BUT this wasn't meant to be a palumbo/kovacs bashing thread. So, hopefully some people can chime in on what causes this.

  13. #13
    Bro Scientist bigbadwolf00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Mike Arnold can etter explain this

  14. #14
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,324
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theadamie View Post
    does anyone know what actually caused palumboism in people like Dave Palumbo and Greg Kovacs? this didn't exist in the early days of bodybuilding so do you think these guys were using higher doses of old school stuff or do you think the newer stuff caused it? is the HGH gut possibly the early signs of palumboism?
    these are pictures of palumboism.

    2008331103650_kovacs4.jpg2008331103555_Palumbo_2.jpg
    And mods, I hope this post is okay, feel free to delete it if it's not.
    KOVACK is from the Toronto area and I know a guy who use to know him. This is what he told me, be it true or not? he said Greg was doing massive amounts of Gh and slin AND he LOVED cherry pie...most pies for that sake LOL he would apparently eat like 3-4 pies a day...most times just the filling. not sure about this but I use to work out with the guy that told me this but he us to own a chain of supplement stores!!! Apparently Greg craved sugar like a fiend and loved pies LOL
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

  15. #15
    Amateur Threat bbrrookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami 305 Flo-Rida!
    Posts
    1,204
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    KOVACK is from the Toronto area and I know a guy who use to know him. This is what he told me, be it true or not? he said Greg was doing massive amounts of Gh and slin AND he LOVED cherry pie...most pies for that sake LOL he would apparently eat like 3-4 pies a day...most times just the filling. not sure about this but I use to work out with the guy that told me this but he us to own a chain of supplement stores!!! Apparently Greg craved sugar like a fiend and loved pies LOL
    so it was the pies!

  16. #16
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,324
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrrookie View Post
    so it was the pies!
    LOL.....NO hahaha as I said, he did massive amount of Gh and slin, which is obvious, the pies thing was just funny!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

  17. #17
    Bro Scientist Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    take out the external abdominal oblique from greg kovacs and tell me what you get. That's lean muscle that people exercise specifically to get, so in my opinion those side bends and whatever the fck makes those muscles large are pretty useless for bodybuilding. His stomach doesn't actually look big

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •