Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intra-Training drinks?? Neccesary or not?

Dedicated Noob

Default Intra-Training drinks?? Neccesary or not?

I have notive a few companies coming out or already having produced intra-workout powders and drinks.. Personally I use an Amino Blend at 8-1-1 ratio with a carb source of Maltodextrin. Mixed myself!

Anyone try any of these products who have opinions??

iTrain, iCompete, iDominate, iForce
    www.iForcenutrition.com

I just drink water. I do take bcaas if I feel hungry.
    "Hallelujah, holy-shit!! Where's the Tylenol?!"

I make my own with any combination of:
    Gatorade powder, pre workout, creatine, bcaa or aminos, beta alinine.

I like it during my workout because if I drink it all before or after I feel too bloated and water logged. Plus I need something to drink while I lift.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I make my own with any combination of:
    Gatorade powder, pre workout, creatine, bcaa or aminos, beta alinine.

I like it during my workout because if I drink it all before or after I feel too bloated and water logged. Plus I need something to drink while I lift.
    pretty solid imo.. good mix with the gatorade powder.. i actually do this pre workout- gatorade powder+1scoop whey+ 1 scoop amino+oats+fruit laaaagit,

However for intra- I like gaspari "size-on" both max for offseason and precontest well for prep obviously
    its all uphill from here..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I'll drink either a protein shake, carbonated Powerade w caffeine or water during a workout. All work well.

just a carb drink of some sort for me.

just aminos for me

Mass Monster Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Hell no they aren't necessary. The only people I see using them are local punk kids who haven't gained 1 pound of muscle in 2 years. People over complicate things..

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Manslaughter View Post
    Hell no they aren't necessary. The only people I see using them are local punk kids who haven't gained 1 pound of muscle in 2 years. People over complicate things..
    SMH @LOCAL PUNK KIDS BWHAHAHA
    its all uphill from here..

Aminos only usually, unless I can afford glutamine, then I'll put a little in my drink. 1 Gallon of water with crystal light and BCAAs poured in usually!
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

here is my philosophy and I'm going to use an analogy to explain it. I think the human body has thousands of "switches" that can be switched from catabolism to anabolism, and almost nothing makes a big difference by itself, it's the synergy of doing thousands of correct little things that make you a great bodybuilder. So, Intra-workout drinks may not make you Mr. Olympia but it will probably give you a liiiiiittle bit of an advantage.
    Last edited by theadamie; February 6th, 2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: woot woot! 100th post ^_________^
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

just water and protein shakes, havent tried those intra training drinks
    Check out SupplementReviews.com before getting ripped off!

Spotter

I really feel better endurance and better recuperation with XTEND drink during trainning.

Quote Originally Posted by theadamie View Post
    here is my philosophy and I'm going to use an analogy to explain it. I think the human body has thousands of "switches" that can be switched from catabolism to anabolism, and almost nothing makes a big difference by itself, it's the synergy of doing thousands of correct little things that make you a great bodybuilder. So, Intra-workout drinks may not make you Mr. Olympia but it will probably give you a liiiiiittle bit of an advantage.
    I totally agree, centopani once had a great video where he talked about all these little things people put aside due to laziness or w.e, but in reality they only take
    "pussy, money, weed"

If it's just a quick gpp workout or cardio, no. I do Sheiko for weight training though, and I work outside in the heat all day. So when it's time to lift I usually sip on gatorade with bcaa.

ooops, I already posted in this thread. can a mod delete this post?
    Last edited by theadamie; May 20th, 2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: ooooops,

Spotter

I usually drink only water. When I do use a intraworkout drink it is usually vitargo and Xtend or Glycoject and Xtend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast