Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intra-Training drinks?? Neccesary or not?

For me it is only BCAA's when I am getting ready for a show. Xtend
    Contest Coach = Myself Youtube EZBODYBUILDING

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino15 View Post
    I usually drink only water. When I do use a intraworkout drink it is usually vitargo and Xtend or Glycoject and Xtend.
    I don't want to open up a can of worms, but I have been drinking alkaline water for months now including during the workout and I think it really helps with recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1005 View Post
    I don't want to open up a can of worms, but I have been drinking alkaline water for months now including during the workout and I think it really helps with recovery.
    Lol
    puppies and kittens make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
    Lol
    I take it you don't agree.
    I have read much information on it and I can understand both sides of what people think.

Nobody

I only use water... I take 5g of creatine about 30 min before lifting. Caffeine and my seizure meds don't mix so I need to be careful with that!

Heisenberg.

Waxy maize

I take it you don't agree.
    I have read much information on it and I can understand both sides of what people think.
    I haven't read up on it for a while but , from what I recall, the research was pretty one sided.

I haven't read up on it for a while but , from what I recall, the research was pretty one sided.
    I assume you are saying against. I will say that I am skeptical of most things including this, but I can tell you 1 thing. drink 32 oz of straight water and 32 oz of this water all at once. THis water does not seem to bloat the stomach. It is actually sort of weird. I say gotta try something to form an opinion, that is why I never comment on NO products or preworkout anything like that when people ask me.
    Maybe you found this interesting.

I always drink BCAA's while training and I think it deff make a diff in my recover and my growth. The way I look at it is say I drink BCAA's through my workouts for a year and I gain maybe 2 lbs from it well in 5 years that could be 10 more pounds of muscle I may have never had. I also am big about drinking them all throughout the day as well so... Just my 2 cents

I assume you are saying against. I will say that I am skeptical of most things including this, but I can tell you 1 thing. drink 32 oz of straight water and 32 oz of this water all at once. THis water does not seem to bloat the stomach. It is actually sort of weird. I say gotta try something to form an opinion, that is why I never comment on NO products or preworkout anything like that when people ask me.
    You are correct in assuming I meant against. Your measurement of usefulness of basic water is subjective and isn't a reliable measure of anything. There is a reason for RCTs and you'd be amazed at how many receiving placebo note huge differences on subjective measures.

I understand the placebo effect and I definitely agree with you. Science kind of guy...Physics Teacher. Constantly evaluating data and trying to isolate variables (and students grades haha)
    Good discussion. Kind of feel like we highjacked the thread so I am out.

Guys,

You might take a gander at the link I posted above: It's an article I wrote on the topic. I'm a science guy, too.

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by homonunculus View Post
    Guys,

You might take a gander at the link I posted above: It's an article I wrote on the topic. I'm a science guy, too.

-Scott
    I downloaded it, jut haven't had a chance to read it yet.
    Thanks Scott

Biotest plazma is the greatest intra workout drink. I gained 3 pounds simply by reading the write up

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty! View Post
    Biotest plazma is the greatest intra workout drink. I gained 3 pounds simply by reading the write up
    Who are your favorite sports teams TA?

Plazma, its the best and makes an immediately noticeable difference

edit, woops forgot i already posted this. the job of being god can be a busy one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12