Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Dennis Wolf Trains Hams & Glutes with Dennis James - Raw Training Footy

  1. #1

    Default Dennis Wolf Trains Hams & Glutes with Dennis James - Raw Training Footy

    Big Bad Dennis Wolf trains hams and glutes seven weeks out from the 2012 Arnold Classic with Dennis James in Arizona. *Raw training footage. - This is just a five minute clip that shows James putting the hurt on Wolf with a couple of exercises - not a full leg workout.


  2. #2
    youngitalianstallion
    Guest

    Default

    everyone talk shit about Wolf training.. i don't care if he's lazy pr whatever... the results speaks for himself... for last year arnold classic WOlf did the same thing (training with DJ) and the results were amazing.. this year will be the same or even better... i have my money on him for the victory

  3. #3
    Amateur Threat Philly_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,319
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Thanks for the video, and people can call him what they want, this guy has heart, he's been robbed more times than any other pro! He deserved 3rd at the olympia
    T-Muscle.co.uk

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_1 View Post
    Thanks for the video, and people can call him what they want, this guy has heart, he's been robbed more times than any other pro! He deserved 3rd at the olympia
    x2!

  5. #5

    Default

    x3.. He should have gotten 3rd.. He smoked Kai, Vic, Dex, in the call outs at the O.

  6. #6
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,718
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I like Wolf and think he's been robbed of higher placings here and there too. I also think that he regressed after his peak in 2007-2008 and has just last year finally caught back up to his former best self.

    I look at his training style and I scratch my head? There's no doubt it works for him to some degree as he's come this far but when I see him doing 135lbs stiff leg dl's...I'm confused? like when he struggled with 315lbs for 7 reps on the deadlift in another vid?

    The ASC will show if this training style has been working for him right? If the gains are visible then he has found the solutions to his weaknesses!!! let's wait and see....we all want to see more ham, glute, calves and lower lats!!!

    And it's 2012...5 years since he shocked the world in 2007 at the Mr.O. Thats 5 YEARS of growth, 5 years to make gains....5 years to grow. I'm just not sure that I see 5 years of progress the way it shows on guys like Branch, Heath, Evan, Beyeke, Fouad etc who have all make noticeable gains over their careers. Wolfs arms have gotten better and his upper back too....but what else since 2007? Wolf fans enlighten me please?
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

  7. #7
    Mass Monster Lex1247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,424
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I think having Dennis James there to "help him" in whatever ways necessary is key for Dennis Wolf...I've seen Dennis Wolf in many training vids and he just doesn't seem to work as hard unless someone he respects (like DJ) is pushing him through a workout.

  8. #8

    Default

    WOLF!!!!(RULES ALL)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    I think having Dennis James there to "help him" in whatever ways necessary is key for Dennis Wolf...I've seen Dennis Wolf in many training vids and he just doesn't seem to work as hard unless someone he respects (like DJ) is pushing him through a workout.
    I agree, I would love to see Wolf get with a serious trainer...I know he seems to do better doing his own diet and prep, but just a hands on trainer there to push him, dude some serious crap could happen.


    I wanna see Milos work with Wolf....

  10. #10
    corland45
    Guest

    Default

    Huge Aryan bastard with muscles.....

    didnt watch the video but one can assume it was good.

    Dennis is the best representative of Germandom on the bbing circuit.

    Ein Europa

  11. #11
    Mass Monster bigbadwolf00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    I like Wolf and think he's been robbed of higher placings here and there too. I also think that he regressed after his peak in 2007-2008 and has just last year finally caught back up to his former best self.

    I look at his training style and I scratch my head? There's no doubt it works for him to some degree as he's come this far but when I see him doing 135lbs stiff leg dl's...I'm confused? like when he struggled with 315lbs for 7 reps on the deadlift in another vid?

    The ASC will show if this training style has been working for him right? If the gains are visible then he has found the solutions to his weaknesses!!! let's wait and see....we all want to see more ham, glute, calves and lower lats!!!

    And it's 2012...5 years since he shocked the world in 2007 at the Mr.O. Thats 5 YEARS of growth, 5 years to make gains....5 years to grow. I'm just not sure that I see 5 years of progress the way it shows on guys like Branch, Heath, Evan, Beyeke, Fouad etc who have all make noticeable gains over their careers. Wolfs arms have gotten better and his upper back too....but what else since 2007? Wolf fans enlighten me please?
    I agree to an extent to what you said.... but remember those lower back problems he had. I think that will hinder training more then he is willing to admit, and he continued with the problem for a while. I remember ready after a photoshoot a few years ago he didn't want to do heavy smith machine squats with Per Barnel. Now I'm not sure what is "heavy" or not BUT I will say if he didn't want to do a photoshoot with that, I am inclined to believe his training avoided all such movements to cause back problems......

  12. #12
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,718
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
    I agree to an extent to what you said.... but remember those lower back problems he had. I think that will hinder training more then he is willing to admit, and he continued with the problem for a while. I remember ready after a photoshoot a few years ago he didn't want to do heavy smith machine squats with Per Barnel. Now I'm not sure what is "heavy" or not BUT I will say if he didn't want to do a photoshoot with that, I am inclined to believe his training avoided all such movements to cause back problems......
    And I forgot about the HERNIA too....that will fuck you up!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

  13. #13
    Behemoth alexceau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,215
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    His muscle maturity has improved dramatically from five years ago.

  14. #14
    Beach Body schulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    426
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Not much to see other than hard training, DJ still looks fairly big though..

  15. #15
    Beach Body alexsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    huge loadsville
    Posts
    616
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    not training calves i see.tut tut

    either way he looks great and i agree he definately has been thiefed of a top spot at the olympia

  16. #16
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    54
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I hate to be rude, but these kind of vids (raw footage without any talking) are so freakin' boring to me... it's like I don't spend enough time in the gym just watching other people train between two sets, this is almost the same. nothing explained, nothing extra, yeah, he's a pro, but cmon man! I know Dennis can not help this out, but at least Wolf!

  17. #17
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,035
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kain6033 View Post
    I hate to be rude, but these kind of vids (raw footage without any talking) are so freakin' boring to me... it's like I don't spend enough time in the gym just watching other people train between two sets, this is almost the same. nothing explained, nothing extra, yeah, he's a pro, but cmon man! I know Dennis can not help this out, but at least Wolf!
    Is Wolf signed to MD? Agreed, this is a super boring video. I am a huge fan of Wolf, but let's get something interesting going here. I'd rather watch him suffer doing 40-minutes of cardio than watch 6 drop sets of leg curls.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •