Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Rob Youells

Quote Originally Posted by flex22 View Post
    U got a yuotube channel? cant find it anywhere, if so, plzz tell me what to search;P

u got some serius nice body, keep it coming and u nail next compettiton!!

all the best!
    Just search my name, strengthnet videos and some stuff of me drumming with "full scale riot" will come up.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity \m/ >..< \m/

Default Work+ Gym

Hey Rob,
    Just a quick background to my situation. Im a 24yo physiotherapist in a hospital where i work from 8 till 4.30 every day except the weekend. This means i get exhausted from walking, lifting, holding, treating,... Patients all day my energy levels are not 100 by the time i hit the gym. I try to eat every 2 hours but i only have a big meal at 7am, 8am, 12.30pm and then 5pm, 8pm and 10pm. i also take protein shakes and pre workout supps but i want to get thebest and most out of my workouts and my day in general. What other supplements in general (not brand specific) could you recommend me? I want to gain more muscle just like everyone else. Hope you understand my situation and can help me. Thanks. Beck

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeck88 View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Just a quick background to my situation. Im a 24yo physiotherapist in a hospital where i work from 8 till 4.30 every day except the weekend. This means i get exhausted from walking, lifting, holding, treating,... Patients all day my energy levels are not 100 by the time i hit the gym. I try to eat every 2 hours but i only have a big meal at 7am, 8am, 12.30pm and then 5pm, 8pm and 10pm. i also take protein shakes and pre workout supps but i want to get thebest and most out of my workouts and my day in general. What other supplements in general (not brand specific) could you recommend me? I want to gain more muscle just like everyone else. Hope you understand my situation and can help me. Thanks. Beck
    There are times during the day when you go longer then I would suggest without food. If you absolutely can't have any food, you could have a shake or some protein pudding, I would add some time released BCAA's to keep feeding the muscle. I'm not sure what your diet is like but make sure you are getting enough lean protein and low glycemic carbs like oats, sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa etc. I take Glutamine and HMB for recovery, if your trying to build rather then cut, add some creatine into your morning and post workout shake. Something with some caffeine may help before you workout, so you have the energy to really throw down with the weights. Keep me posted!

Dedicated Noob

whats your current diet?

and du u eat low glycimix carbs all the time even in offseason?

Spotter

When did you first start working out?

Quote Originally Posted by flex22 View Post
    whats your current diet?

and du u eat low glycimix carbs all the time even in offseason?
    Hey man, I try to get low glycemic carbs in all year round, but when I'm not dieting I will also allow myself what ever I want. Since I'm dieting for the USA, my diet is strict and my food is measured.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWhe View Post
    When did you first start working out?
    I worked out in the gym on and off through my twenties, but started taking it seriously around 27 and competed at 30 for the first time.

Spotter

hey rob whats your meals at this point if you dont mind sharing? what about macros?

I gave the superset on seated/lying leg curls a try today, it felt pretty awesome. It's definitely something I'm gonna keep in

Quote Originally Posted by quadzillaharris View Post
    I gave the superset on seated/lying leg curls a try today, it felt pretty awesome. It's definitely something I'm gonna keep in
    Awesome! Thanks for giving it a shot.

Nobody

Hey Rob,
    saw ur latest workout with victor.... man he is back...hope he does well... u think he is coming back strong???

also just a quick question. I have come across two contradicting studies. One says simple carbs are better right after workout to restore the glycogen while other says after workout the insulin spike from carbs hinders the GH release which usually peaks up in night and after heavy workout.

So what should be my approach?? Carbs right after workout or after certain time window??

thanks
    jai

Quote Originally Posted by jaiiyer View Post
    Hey Rob,
    saw ur latest workout with victor.... man he is back...hope he does well... u think he is coming back strong???

also just a quick question. I have come across two contradicting studies. One says simple carbs are better right after workout to restore the glycogen while other says after workout the insulin spike from carbs hinders the GH release which usually peaks up in night and after heavy workout.

So what should be my approach?? Carbs right after workout or after certain time window??

thanks
    jai
    Vic is ABSOLUTELY coming back strong. His motivation level and intensity are as high as I've ever seen them. He is a great guy to train with and I am in awe at how fast his body is changing. It will be great to see what happens at the O!

I always have fast digesting carbs right after I train. (vitargo is not the best tasting, but if you test your glucose levels, it's the most effective) It's has a very pronounced effect, at a moment when your body is screaming for nutrients and insulin is driving those nutrients into the muscle at light speed. GH is important true, but it doesn't have the instant effect on recovery, which is what your body needs after intense training. I'm not convinced your GH production is drastically effected by your bodies own natural production of insulin in response to the nutrition you provide it with during recovery anyway, but either way you slice it, that anabolic window is much more important, IMHO. Feed the damaged muscle, get the repair process underway, restore glycogen, GROW!!!!

Nobody

thanks rob... will keep that in mind

Dedicated Noob

hey Rob,

Just wanted to say thanks for being on here...was wondering what your carbs were looking like so close out? you said you were going to have trouble with making weight like you did last show just wondering if thats going to be a problem this show as well?

good luck by the way...gonna kill it man

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessfirst2550 View Post
    hey Rob,

Just wanted to say thanks for being on here...was wondering what your carbs were looking like so close out? you said you were going to have trouble with making weight like you did last show just wondering if thats going to be a problem this show as well?

good luck by the way...gonna kill it man
    Thanks bruh! My carbs are up to a up of brown rice or 8 oz of yam again as if Tuesday, but I switched to all fish and one steak meal. My weight seems on point so I maybe ok come weigh in, then I can eat my way up again. Three weeks left so it's almost go time!!!

Dedicated Noob

Whats a typical day look like in off season for food? How often do you have a cheatmeal precontest?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast