Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flex Pro Final Video Wrap Up with Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray and Sean Andros... PLUS INTERVIEWS!

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

It sounds Like Fouad is in for the win according to Sean Andros! Great coverage Butch!

Default eduardo!

eduardo's getting screwed! poor guy. his conditioning and shape is awesome. so what if he's smaller, so was shawn and lee labrada in their day. i hope somebody says something to the judges between pre and finals. it would be an injustice if he doesnt make the top 3.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Its great to hear more from Flex Wheeler,he knows his stuff and is very honest!

Default Eduardo Correa

too much of the judging in the IFBB is unprofessional and lacking in fairness. Eduardo Correa should have been called out in the first group. IFBB judges should be required to field questions from the people who really matter, the people who support bodybuilding. The judges should be required to explain why such an impressive athlete is relegated to the second callout. IFBB judges should not be allowed to simply make decisions in the shadows while the people who paid to see the event have to be subjected to biased and poor decision making. I don't know Mr.Correa from a hole in the wall but I know a great physique when I see one. Another bad call by the IFBB judges. The same garbage that is a part of every other industry also taints bodybuilding, favoritism, bias, and the influence of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BenTheRN View Post
    too much of the judging in the IFBB is unprofessional and lacking in fairness. Eduardo Correa should have been called out in the first group. IFBB judges should be required to field questions from the people who really matter, the people who support bodybuilding. The judges should be required to explain why such an impressive athlete is relegated to the second callout. IFBB judges should not be allowed to simply make decisions in the shadows while the people who paid to see the event have to be subjected to biased and poor decision making. I don't know Mr.Correa from a hole in the wall but I know a great physique when I see one. Another bad call by the IFBB judges. The same garbage that is a part of every other industry also taints bodybuilding, favoritism, bias, and the influence of money.
    politics politics and lets say it one more time shall we POLITICS

I can't believe how much this guy looks like Kai Green. He just needs the epic rat tail.

IMO Bodybuilding shows aren't judged any more on the physiques that are on the stage on that specific day its all BULLSHIT POLITICSi.e who has the best sponsorships.who gets themselves noticed more and who for whatever reason is flavour of the month and not the quality of there physique.Eduardo best conditioned by far, Mark Dugdale has always been one of my favourite bodybuilders but unfortunatly gets lost with the big guys Lionel and Shawn have potential Ben pak where was the detail on his back?Fuaid along with Eduardo GOT SHAFTED.

My Opinion and it is only my Opinion

1st Eduardo
    2nd Fuaid
    3rd Lionel-Ben Pak
    4th Shawn
    Bodybuilding will never get the respect it really well and truly deserves while there are bullshit politics and arseholes making disitions like the ones in this show.

Love u Flex Wheeler !!! Great interview with Flex , Hany and Chris . Always a pleasure seeing the legends talk bout the old days .

In the pics Eduardos Conditioning looks miles ahead of any of the other top 4 placing guess the judges rewarded size over conditioning at this show. Don't know if its just in the pics but Rhoden & Lional both look a bit soft.

Default complete bodybuilders shafted again

eduardo got screwed! this reminds me of the many times when a smaller yet more conditioned, more complete, more detailed with better shape gets shafted for someone who is bigger. or is that the folks ahead of him got more exposure. eduardo hasnt had hardly anything close to the coverage the others got. pak, fouad, shawn and lionel have been pushed pretty hard by another publication with weekly update videos on them. what if eduardo had gotten that type of coverage. i was really hoping the judges would remedy this between pre and finals.

and eduardo is by no means lacking in mass. he is just a shorter bodybuilder but is packed with quality muscle much like lee priest or shawn ray. pound for pound at his height, he is probably one of the bigger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria,ruby View Post
    IMO Bodybuilding shows aren't judged any more on the physiques that are on the stage on that specific day its all BULLSHIT POLITICSi.e who has the best sponsorships.who gets themselves noticed more and who for whatever reason is flavour of the month and not the quality of there physique.Eduardo best conditioned by far, Mark Dugdale has always been one of my favourite bodybuilders but unfortunatly gets lost with the big guys Lionel and Shawn have potential Ben pak where was the detail on his back?Fuaid along with Eduardo GOT SHAFTED.

My Opinion and it is only my Opinion

1st Eduardo
    2nd Fuaid
    3rd Lionel-Ben Pak
    4th Shawn
    Bodybuilding will never get the respect it really well and truly deserves while there are bullshit politics and arseholes making disitions like the ones in this show.
    i think that is how most saw it. i think those judges should have to explain themselves to a media press pit after bs like this.

With the new O qualifications, the judging will be based on one question, and one question only, is the winner "Olympia" material as the biggest show should only display the best 12-15 physique's in the world.

Unfortunately, Correa or Fouad are not in that category. Beyeke has incredible genetics, which places him in "elite" status when picking the best in the world.

This is the judges mindset during this season when picking the best of the best in the world. That being said, Beyeke needs a lot of work on dieting and coming in shredded. Conditioning alone is no longer going to win you a contest. Pleasing flowing physique's are what they will be focusing on. Good luck branch, Jay, etc., with the new judging criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by BenTheRN View Post
    In my opinion bodybuilding should be judged by the actual fans at the event the day of a contest. I honestly believe that would be the most fair way to judge bodybuilding contests. Judges are like politicians who are supposed to represent the views and values of their constituents which in this case is the fans, but they (the judges) sometimes don't. I bet the powers that be would not want this type of judging because their interests would be hindered. It can be done and an electronic voting system could be put in place, this sport is supposed to be for the fans not a few judges.

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    With the new O qualifications, the judging will be based on one question, and one question only, is the winner "Olympia" material as the biggest show should only display the best 12-15 physique's in the world.

Unfortunately, Correa or Fouad are not in that category. Beyeke has incredible genetics, which places him in "elite" status when picking the best in the world.

This is the judges mindset during this season when picking the best of the best in the world. That being said, Beyeke needs a lot of work on dieting and coming in shredded. Conditioning alone is no longer going to win you a contest. Pleasing flowing physique's are what they will be focusing on. Good luck branch, Jay, etc., with the new judging criteria.
    I think there is truth to your tail.. Unfortunately for Eduardo he had 4 other much larger opponents and Lionel was the better of those 4 in symmetry and overall balance and there was not such a difference in those 4 in the level of conditioning so Eduardo was very limited by his size for this matchup. looking forward to seeing Lionel come in more shredded in the future..

As for the "new judging criteria" ill awiat for an official press release

Quote Originally Posted by timmylpratt View Post
    and eduardo is by no means lacking in mass. he is just a shorter bodybuilder but is packed with quality muscle much like lee priest or shawn ray. pound for pound at his height, he is probably one of the bigger guys.
    Spot on quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast