Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Classic 2012 Wrap Up videos w/Chick, Solomon, Coleman, Ray, Levrone, Farah & Raaaaambod!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Solomon View Post
    A lot of strong opinions out there. -- As most of you know, in the weeks leading up to the contest I was very open with my opinion that DENNIS WOLF would win it. With Jay, Phil, Kai and Victor out of the contest, it appeared that the stage was set for a Wolf victory. -- After speaking to several judges, it's clear that the view from the judges table (only a few feet from the stage) may have been a bit different than the way it appeared on the video monitors. The general feedback from the judges was that (up close - under the lights) Branch had an advantage in terms of dry, detailed, grainy, well conditioned muscle. -- Personally, I'm a big fan of Wolf's incredible shoulder to waist proportions along with the quad sweep that make him very tough to beat from the front. -- As far as our webcast commentary is concerned, Branch's ability to go from the Operating Room - To the Delivery Room - To the Winners Circle is a remarkable story.....regardless of who you were rooting for.
    We all appreciate the coverage Dan. And no one is denying Branch deserves insane respect for his recovery and efforts, it's the title most people feel he doesn't deserve.

Also, whether intentional or not, it sounded like you guys were on the Branch bandwagon from the get-go. Right away it was said that Branch was leading the pack and blowing people away, yet our eyes were telling us the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    We all appreciate the coverage Dan. And no one is denying Branch deserves insane respect for his recovery and efforts, it's the title most people feel he doesn't deserve.

Also, whether intentional or not, it sounded like you guys were on the Branch bandwagon from the get-go. Right away it was said that Branch was leading the pack and blowing people away, yet our eyes were telling us the opposite.
    Exactly, from the moment Branch stepped on stage all they were talking about was how he was the best of the night and had the best condition yada yada,..... I'm sitting here trying to think what the f**k are these guys smoking?!?!?! Great legs yes, small arms & delts, back is also small with zero detail, now stand him next to Wolf and Centopani and those body parts look even smaller

I had Dennis Wolf winning but then again me & the Judges are rarely on the same page!

Congrats to Dan & Bob on there Expert commentary!
    A welcome addition to Team MD!

Strength & Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    I had Dennis Wolf winning but then again me & the Judges are rarely on the same page!

Strength & Honor!
    Shawn, what was your take on Fouad missing the callout??
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Dedicated Noob

Branch should placed 3RD DENIS WOLF IS THE WINNER STOP BSNG THE FANS.

WHAT A JOKE!!! INTERESTING STORY MY ASS.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post

That's what it comes down to.

what a joke, how much ass can you kiss, he didnt look good at all. branch works hard but he never deserved this win at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rtruse View Post
    WOW!! Based on pics, interviews, and positioning from previous shows this is the best Arnold i've followed since becoming a fan. Was it me, or did Branch's back look very loose and plain. To my eyes he lacked a lot of detail that Wolf and Evan had, but IDK...That said he's an animal to get up there today, and have a good shot at retaining. I would say 95% of the pros today would never have been able to recover that quick let alone win the 2nd biggest show in BB. IMO by the way they looked it should go Dennis,Branch,Evan,Pak,and Dex..It will however go Branch,Dennis,Evan,Dex,pak...Branch is the returning champ and he's in good condition. If a champ is conditioned, and nobody is BLOWING him out of the water the judges always give them the "champs benefit" For it to go any other way we would have had to seen Wolf, or Evan come in looking like something the judges never seen. Theres a reason why Jay Cutler is the only man to re gain after losing....This show is similar to Jay and Phil from the 10 Mr o. Jay looked great, Phil looked unreal, but both of them were good enough to win, so the champ takes the tie. Same thing here..Branch looks good, Dennis looks great, and both are good enough to win. There for champ gets the nod! Congrats Branch!
    so you have been a fan for a year then?....this was one of the weakest line ups in history dude
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post

Strength & Honor!
    Shawn, you need to become a judge, because most often than not you seem to call it like it is without any sort of bias toward anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    No doubt respect you Dan, for your position in this sport. I would love to work in "the game" and I feel I could learn a lot from the guys here at MD and elsewhere. I just feel like you're not saying much. In other words, it is easy to say the videos show something other than what was experienced in real life, because almost none of us were in attendance last night. I've heard the same thing after nearly every show where the fans saw photos and videos from a million angles and disagreed with the IFBB judging and color commentary.

Let me go on record and say that Branch Warren circa 2009 was one of the most incredible bodybuilders of my day. Look through my post history and you will see that I hoped for him to win the 2009 Olympia.

It's one thing to state opinions, but it's another thing to say that we don't have eyes simply because we weren't there. In this case, I'd try my damndest to get better videographers and photographers because they clearly aren't doing a good job. For the announcers to be shocked at the OVERWHELMING fan backlash to the IFBB judging is preposterous. I understand that MD and its staff do not do the judging, but I highly suggest that MD and its staff be honest with its fans and address our concerns where valid rather than ignoring us. If I am out of line, please, fans and MD tell me and I will apologize. I respect the forums and its rules, and I would like to see objective reporting. Storylines are fine, it's entertaining, but for the love of BODYBUILDING, report objective facts about the bodybuilders rather than pretending the fans can't see it.
    Half of what you said i totally agree with, specifically the "i'd try my damnest to get better photographers". I've heard this statement MILLIONS of times. They looked so different in person blah blah blah. Don't you use the BEST technology to record footage and take pictures? HOW MUCH DIFFERENT CAN IT ACTUALLY BE! I saw videos, even in true HD quality on my labtop..endless pics yet there's always someone saying "in person" looks completely different. When even Shawn Ray, Ron Harris and many others clearly mentioned they had Wolf winning the show. Well Ron didn't necesarily say that, but you know he meant it. Shawn went on record and said it, Flex had Wolf winning the show i could go on. So how much different did it look..how did the lighting possibly help? I am not mad as i write this i could care less, but when the show is as big as it is..you need proper justification for things. Enough of the politics/cover-ups. Someone needs to go on record and discuss things from an honest point of view...or some sort of comprimize. As far as you respecting Dan that's a lie hahah you called him Dick Solomon just the other day :P

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Shawn, what was your take on Fouad missing the callout??
    It was a $10,000 mistake and lapse in judgement one that even if were Not in the Top 6 find hard to image working that hard to be there that I had somewhere else to be in the middle of the contest as a contestant. I personally would have been one of the last to leave the back stage area trying to soak in the surroundings, personalities, excitement of the Arnold Classic that anyone would have been able to find me back stage and boot me back onstage where the Contest was taking place.
    It must havee been a total disconnect but one that cost him dearly for not paying attention to his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_29 View Post
    Half of what you said i totally agree with, specifically the "i'd try my damnest to get better photographers". I've heard this statement MILLIONS of times. They looked so different in person blah blah blah. Don't you use the BEST technology to record footage and take pictures? HOW MUCH DIFFERENT CAN IT ACTUALLY BE! I saw videos, even in true HD quality on my labtop..endless pics yet there's always someone saying "in person" looks completely different. When even Shawn Ray, Ron Harris and many others clearly mentioned they had Wolf winning the show. Well Ron didn't necesarily say that, but you know he meant it. Shawn went on record and said it, Flex had Wolf winning the show i could go on. So how much different did it look..how did the lighting possibly help? I am not mad as i write this i could care less, but when the show is as big as it is..you need proper justification for things. Enough of the politics/cover-ups. Someone needs to go on record and discuss things from an honest point of view...or some sort of comprimize. As far as you respecting Dan that's a lie hahah you called him Dick Solomon just the other day :P
    I thought that was his name before he posted on here. Woops. My mistake.

Thanks for the reply, Shawn. $10,000 is a lot of chicken breasts.
    Last edited by majrminer; March 5th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Default wtf.

[ ok what the hell. is md fucking going Hollywood. or what. where the hell is Shawn Raye and flex. all of a sudden they aren't good enough or what? are they stepping down or being pushed out of the way. loved the show. i thought branch was tighter and dryer longer than anyone else but im not liking this hole this new feel. damn this sucks.

MD Radio #148- Arnold Classic in Review is now ready!
    http://www.voiceamerica.com/episode/60173/md-radio

Strength & Honor

Can someone toss a red flag for a replay from the booth ? This event gives new meaning to the phrase "People's Champ".

just wiat till branch wins the O, once he makes up another story to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by myfeet View Post
    [ ok what the hell. is md fucking going Hollywood. or what. where the hell is Shawn Raye and flex. all of a sudden they aren't good enough or what? are they stepping down or being pushed out of the way. loved the show. i thought branch was tighter and dryer longer than anyone else but im not liking this hole this new feel. damn this sucks.
    Shawn and company were in different wrap up:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast