Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evan Centopani, Ben Pakulski and Dexter Jackson Posing Routines at the Arnold Classic 2012

OMG, how did Wolf not win the most entertaining poster award??? this guy's posing routine difindes the classical criteria of bodybuilding. ...... "it's been said that the back wins the shows" Wolf.

i think evans front double bicep is very weak. there is just something that doesnt flow right across his upper chest clavicles. but other than that he beats or at least hangs with everyone else......standing next to wolf and branch evans legs left something to be desired as well.
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    Loved the song. It really sums up Evan and his journey.

3rd place? I JUST WANNA KNOW WHHHHHYYYY???

He'll be back. I really want to hear his thoughts on the judging. You know he'll give it to us straight.
    DAMN! This is kinda scary for the state of the IFBB. I can't ever recall not reading 1 positive post about the winner of a big show like this. I thought the 2010 Mr o was like 60 40. 60% of the fans/posters say Jay deserved the win, and 40% said Phil should have won.. Thats common..But this!! Branch won with straight 1st place votes at both rounds. Acording to Bob Chick, Dan S, and the judges, the show wasnt even close and branch won easily. I don't know about all that, but guys like CUtler, and Yates always said that no picture, video, or anything of the sort can really show what an athlete looks like in person. Was anybody at the show that believes Dennis should have won? The champ always gets a benefit from judging as long as they are in shape, but I was not impressed with Branch..Especially from the back! I will not say who I feel deserved to win, because im not a judge or pro..I have an opinion, and thats it. But I gota say this is similar to Jay, and Vic in 2007. Maybe even worse! There are a lot of pissed off people. Not a good sign for the level of fan respect the judges are getting.

Something about the way Ev curls his hands in with any bicep pose is just awkward. Almost kinda fairy like. I don't get it. It doesn't make his forearms look any bigger. Just makes it look like he was weak wrists. Weird...
    Yes, that's me in my Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by rtruse View Post
    DAMN! This is kinda scary for the state of the IFBB. I can't ever recall not reading 1 positive post about the winner of a big show like this. I thought the 2010 Mr o was like 60 40. 60% of the fans/posters say Jay deserved the win, and 40% said Phil should have won.. Thats common..But this!! Branch won with straight 1st place votes at both rounds. Acording to Bob Chick, Dan S, and the judges, the show wasnt even close and branch won easily. I don't know about all that, but guys like CUtler, and Yates always said that no picture, video, or anything of the sort can really show what an athlete looks like in person. Was anybody at the show that believes Dennis should have won? The champ always gets a benefit from judging as long as they are in shape, but I was not impressed with Branch..Especially from the back! I will not say who I feel deserved to win, because im not a judge or pro..I have an opinion, and thats it. But I gota say this is similar to Jay, and Vic in 2007. Maybe even worse! There are a lot of pissed off people. Not a good sign for the level of fan respect the judges are getting.
    Finally an intelligent statement
    Yes, that's me in my Avatar.

absolutely
    Quote Originally Posted by isildur1 View Post
    OMG, how did Wolf not win the most entertaining poster award??? this guy's posing routine difindes the classical criteria of bodybuilding. ...... "it's been said that the back wins the shows" Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by rtruse View Post
    No doubt fans are angry with the call and it has created much distrust in the IFBB judging system and its legitimacy.

I am curious how (or even if) MD with cover this fan backlash.

Branch always says people doubt him, but this is different. This is more than doubt, hate or opinion-- this is a travesty.

Like you said, never before has there been such a backlash from a decision and there's a reason for that. Never before have two bodybuilders, Dennis and Evan, been robbed like this.

Evan's posing has gotten much better and continues to improve, remember he does not have a ton of stage experience. He will get better at it each show. I love the song choice!

Obviously I am a little biased but I thought Evan should have won. He was the most complete. Wolf looking incredible from the front but he looked soft and weak in his lower body from the back. As far as Branch well he has a completely different look from Evan and Wolf and obviously the judges like his look. It's hard not to like Branch as a person and I am glad he made an incredible comeback from the injury but I wanted Evan to win and thought he deserved it.

Evan will get his due, he keeps continuing to improve each show, it's only a matter of time.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Default suck ass posing routine evan

great bodybuilder but damme evan your posing is boring and painful to watch, you can do better man, right now you the only one i like to watch when training, not like the suck ass of jason hug Lol!!!!!! cause that moron is wack ass hell

Quote Originally Posted by zeppa View Post
    loved Evan's posing routine, a truly inspirational person. He doesnt talk shit, he trains hard and in my opinion was the best physique on the Arnold stage this year.
    nicely said brother...
    Stay focused Maverick..

No doubt fans are angry with the call and it has created much distrust in the IFBB judging system and its legitimacy.

Branch always says people doubt him, but this is different. This is more than doubt, hate or opinion-- this is a travesty.

Like you said, never before has there been such a backlash from a decision and there's a reason for that. Never before have two bodybuilders, Dennis and Evan, been robbed like this.
    No, No, No your the travesty.... BB will never change so you can keep on having pointless dreams..
    Stay focused Maverick..

Lee Priest...Had a nice physique but always got robbed...
    Stay focused Maverick..

Oh please do give it a rest go and vent over your government and politics or something, where your not wasting your time. Its bodybuilding, it is what it is, its a subjective sport! There are no travestys! You don't like a subjective opinionated sport (which it ALWAYS has been) don't partake. Stop whining it doesn't even effect you... end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Big A_Rod View Post
    No, No, No your the travesty.... BB will never change so you can keep on having pointless dreams..
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by theplastickid View Post
    Oh please do give it a rest go and vent over your government and politics or something, where your not wasting your time. Its bodybuilding, it is what it is, its a subjective sport! There are no travestys! You don't like a subjective opinionated sport (which it ALWAYS has been) don't partake. Stop whining it doesn't even effect you... end of discussion.
    Travesty- A false, absurd, or distorted representation of something.

Yup... yup I still think that's what it was. If you're a fan it affects you. I do like our sport and disagree with the decision-- both are possible.

We already made a difference. They interviewed Dennis and told him we disagreed (it meant a lot to him), the judges will hear about it (this could affect their decision next year), MD might write about it (possibly influencing people and judges).

Sorry you missed it. Maybe next time you can do something with your life too.

Idiot.jpg

in dennis wolf's posing routine at 0:44-0:48sec.........his lower lats looks like they have improved a lot and he should continue improving it.........

Quote Originally Posted by BenBach View Post
    No calves is probably the one bodypart you can get away with not having, look at ronnie coleman...
    dude ronnie had calves almost equal to jay cutler but they didn't had that diamond shape and his thighs were way to big for them

Quote Originally Posted by toeheadskater View Post
    Something about the way Ev curls his hands in with any bicep pose is just awkward. Almost kinda fairy like. I don't get it. It doesn't make his forearms look any bigger. Just makes it look like he was weak wrists. Weird...

Agreed, It looks very funny when he hits that front double bi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast