Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Award Ceremony Video! See Competitor Reactions at the Arnold Classic 2012. Plus Final Posedown

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    What I saw:

1. Dennis clear winner
    2. Evan clear 2nd place
    3. Either Dexter is losing muscle, his waist is getting bigger and wider, everyone else is getting bigger, or a combo of any of the 3 (not at all impressed considering his near perfect little big man genetics)
    4. Lionel has the best overall genetics of anyone in the show and can go far in the "sport"
    5. Evan keeps getting better every show. By September he will be top 6 Olympia (if judged fairly)
    6. Places of Branch, Dexter, Ben, and Lionel could be swapped in any which way without any complaint from me
    finally SOMEONE WHO KNOWS BODYBUILDING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
    Ced did win the last show he was in...or am I misremembering something here?
    2011 NY Pro - Cedric McMillan - 11th Place

The talk before that show was that he was going to press Kai, and it wasn't even close:

Men's Open Class
    1. Kai Greene
    2. Ronny Rockel
    3. Craig Richardson
    4. Lionel Beyeke
    5. Robert Burneika
    6. Michael Kefalianos
    7. Khalid Almohsinawi
    8. Jason Huh
    9. Roelly Winklaar
    10. Brandon Curry
    11. Cedric McMillan
    12. Louis Joseph
    13. Alexandre Nataf
    14. David Watson
    15. Grigori Atoyan
    16. Yan Salaks
    16. Milton Holloway, Jr.
    Ben White
    Pavol Jablonicky
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Thumbs down

unfair ....i'm sick abaut Branch....looks every time more like meat stuck together...

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    ^ True. Great classic physique, but I tend to think his work is a bit stressful. Either that or he doesn't love bodybuilding and was going on genetics alone. I don't want to believe that scenario, but it would make sense since he displayed his hurt feelings when everyone criticized him for not bringing his best to the show a while back. It was almost like he always lived a life of acceptance where his inner circle always praised him for looking so good, and then he finally failed when he went head to head with the big boys. (though I personally don't think his placing was a failure because he has such a good structure) I know it's normal to want people to like you, but to think that EVERYONE will like you is a bit unrealistic.

Is there a link to this breakdown that Cedric had? It sounds epic.

Spotter

Unhappy Dennis Wolf - Sorry

I am very sorry for Dennis Wolf and I think he is robbed. He is in the best shape on the stage. But great guy and I dont know how he controlled his emotions that he put a lot of hardwork over the weeks. Good luck Dennis for Mr.O.

It was a cool moment that I was up there giving Evan his check although I didn't want to give 3rd place to him as I thought he should have won.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Nobody

Branch is a great guy, unbelievably strong and determined. What he accomplished after his injury is admirable - and pretty crazy. But his bulky physique doesn't deserve a major title, imo. Bodybuilding is not just about size, but also about form, symmetry and overall aesthetics, if I remember correctly. Other guys had more of that on the Arnold stage that night. Oh, and the "Entertainment Award" is a joke, right?

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by bigrgc View Post
    What I saw:

1. Dennis clear winner
    2. Evan clear 2nd place
    3. Either Dexter is losing muscle, his waist is getting bigger and wider, everyone else is getting bigger, or a combo of any of the 3 (not at all impressed considering his near perfect little big man genetics)
    4. Lionel has the best overall genetics of anyone in the show and can go far in the "sport"
    5. Evan keeps getting better every show. By September he will be top 6 Olympia (if judged fairly)
    6. Places of Branch, Dexter, Ben, and Lionel could be swapped in any which way without any complaint from me
    I almost agree. Dennis looked fantastic. But as much as I had liked to see him winning the show (since I am German too), someone with calves like his should never get a title. He just lacks the OVERALL physique.

now that i saw the video, without a doubt branch owns it. big congrats, idol!!!
    "you won't win whining all the time" - A.B. Flores

Wolf was pissssssed , probably rightfully so and Pakman looked like he was eight months pregnant on his way to collect his awards.

I just hope that Wolf gets angry enough to come back stronger and not sulk away from the stage !
    OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

Quote Originally Posted by pliniusmuscleheaven View Post
    I almost agree. Dennis looked fantastic. But as much as I had liked to see him winning the show (since I am German too), someone with calves like his should never get a title. He just lacks the OVERALL physique.
    Bodybuilding isn't a body part contest. It is judged on the physique as a whole. Until Ronnie Coleman all former Mr.Olympias (besides Sergio Oliva) had underdeveloped legs compared to their upper bodies (Frank Zane was small overall, and Chris Dickerson's calves were almost as big as his quads lol
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

I rewinded the top 2 award when dennis wolf got 2nd. He was ready to knock someone out. Beyond pissed off. I would be too if i lost out on 60 thousand dollars. Count em 60,000 to Branch Warren. No offense to the champ, he's a bawse..but Dennis Wolf man..can't help but feel bad for ya.

Cedric was working full-time, taking care of his family that were
    severely injured in a car wreck and getting ready for a show.
    I think that could put anyone on the verge of a mental breakdown.
    (Not saying he had a mental breakdown, but just the family situation alone
    was tough on him. I think he spent almost all his free time at the hospital.

WOLF!WOLF!WOLF!WOLF!

I still believe dennis deserved that award for "entertaining"..honestly..branch warrens posing music first off is the same shit

...I pulled George Farah backstage and said "So, Branch won then mate, you must be pleased? But, George, BEST POSER? Come onnnnn??"

He said it was to do with "crowd response", funny, I didn't notice the clap-ometer anywhere...Hmmm. Must have missed it.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    ...I pulled George Farah backstage and said "So, Branch won then mate, you must be pleased? But, George, BEST POSER? Come onnnnn??"

He said it was to do with "crowd response", funny, I didn't notice the clap-ometer anywhere...Hmmm. Must have missed it.
    Lol that is such a corny ass line from george . This aint the fucking apollo muthafucka its a bb contest and branchs posing sucks balls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast