Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 89

Thread: Branch Warren Talks Challenges and Victory at Post Contest Photoshoot. Plus Posing Routine!

  1. #35
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleMike04 View Post
    Im losing a lot of respect for the IFBB judges, they need to be interviewed and should have to explain why they choose who they choose, Id love to hear what their thoughts on voting Branch a unanimous 1st place!
    Mike I've seen head judges in Florida take an hour or better at a local show competitor meetings to talk with them and wax eloquent about there not being politics in their decisions and no one say a word. Then after the show from facebook and forums these same people bitch and moan about politics. It seems a human tendency to want the other guy to be accountable and someone else to take the heat. I'm sure you've seen the same thing.

  2. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Thanks for that Todd in this heavily trolled thread, lol.
    lol on them changing it from "Best Poser" to "most entertaining." What a fucking joke. Way to keep "moving the goal posts."

    How do you expect to compete and put a routine together, which Wolf won last year by the way, to have them change it to "most entertaining?" That's like training all year for the marathon, then told, wait, it's been changed to a 100 yd dash! What the fucK?

    Of course Branch wins most entertaining, as he's more popular than Wolf, and let's not forget the injured leg story to go along with it.

    LOL.. fucking IFBB is a JOKE!

    That's like MiniForklift training for a powerlifting event, then told wait, this will be a strongman competition.. hahaha..

  3. #37
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    lol on them changing it from "Best Poser" to "most entertaining." What a fucking joke. Way to keep "moving the goal posts."

    How do you expect to compete and put a routine together, which Wolf won last year by the way, to have them change it to "most entertaining?" That's like training all year for the marathon, then told, wait, it's been changed to a 100 yd dash! What the fucK?

    LOL.. fucking IFBB is a JOKE!

    That's like MiniForklift training for a powerlifting event, then told wait, this will be a strongman competition.. hahaha..
    The flipside of your tirade is that others are simultaneously complaining the IFBB is unresponsive and resists change.
    No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to attend shows, buy supps, gear, etc, but the beat just keeps on going with forums such as this getting huge amounts of traffic to justify advertising fees
    Thank you for your support, lol.

  4. #38

    Default

    Branch Warren = Trash Can Physique...I hate to say it but, it is unbelievable that he won...politics and favoritism at its best.

  5. #39
    Beach Body ZeroFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    842
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    The flipside of your tirade is that others are simultaneously complaining the IFBB is unresponsive and resists change.
    No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to attend shows, buy supps, gear, etc, but the beat just keeps on going with forums such as this getting huge amounts of traffic to justify advertising fees
    Thank you for your support, lol.
    There's nothing wrong with fans wanting to better the sport. I haven't read a single comment that claims bodybuilding as a sport is the problem. You're kind of missing the point here. No one knows anymore what the judges are looking for. The bikini division was another example this year. WTF?

    If MD or a particular supplement started sucking I would go elsewhere and buy a different product. For now I gladly support them.

  6. #40
    Freak of Nature
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    12,278
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    There's nothing wrong with fans wanting to better the sport. I haven't read a single comment that claims bodybuilding as a sport is the problem. You're kind of missing the point here. No one knows anymore what the judges are looking for. The bikini division was another example this year. WTF?
    If MD or a particular supplement started sucking I would go elsewhere and buy a different product. For now I gladly support them.
    ZeroFire by the nature of sports franchises, federations and leagues "the fans" will always see controversies and have criticisms even in a sport where the object is to get a ball in a hoop or over a goal line. In one so nuanced as bodybuilding it's problematic for fans to insist (mostly with monikers as they are afraid to use their real names, lol) on anything from those that call the shots. I also cover some soccer, horse racing and other events including koi fish shows. The fish people are the worst. They'd make bodybuilding fans look like choir girls. Yet, at the end of the day nothing really changes. Live life and be happy or take the alternative route carrying a bunch of bile around in your bilge

  7. #41
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    How do you expect to compete and put a routine together, which Wolf won last year by the way, to have them change it to "most entertaining?" That's like training all year for the marathon, then told, wait, it's been changed to a 100 yd dash! What the fucK?
    Last weekend was the New Zealand Ironman. It was meant to be raced on Saturday but gale force winds and zero wind chill forced the event organisers to reschedule the event to Sunday, and shorten the distance from a full Ironman down to a half Ironman.

    Cameron Brown, who has won this event 10 times and knows the course better than anybody would have been odds on favourite to claim his 11th title... he finished 3rd and is reportedly fuming about the decisions that were made.

    "Delayed 24 hours and shortened because of the weather, the switch played into the hands of some of the professionals in the 1600-strong field but was a big disadvantage to others, no more so than 10-time winner Cameron Brown who struggled to keep pace with his younger rivals but managed a credible third behind Vanhoenacker and Australian Tim Reed."

  8. #42
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,029
    Gender
    Male

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    The award was for the most entertaining posing routine not who can best pose like the classical routines back in the day. If it were simply a best poser award, Dexter, Shawn Rhoden, or Dennis probably would've won as their posing and transitions are very artistic and well executed. This award was simply about who entertained the crowd the most. The slow classical songs and really slow, well technically executed posing is not always the most entertaining. The routine has to have some excitement in it to entertain the crowd. Based on the crowd response at the show it was clear that Branch entertained them the most.
    On another note, it was not the IFBB judges that judged the Most Muscular award or the Most Entertaining Poser award. There were 6 experts from the industry that were chosen for these tasks. Three judged the Most Muscular award while the other 3 judged the Posing award. They were all seated in different locations close to the stage and all judged independent from each other. They were also not informed that they had been chosen for this task until just hours before the show. This was probably the best way to ensure that these awards were judged fairly.
    ^ Kinda coincidental they changed the name from "best poser," don't you think (I believe someone else in this thread mentioned the same thing)? Since when did the sport of bodybuilding become WWE? Let's do backflips and handstands... wait, Kai already does that. We all know Wolf should have won the posing award, regardless of the bullshit terminology. Stop frontin' Todd. By trying to brown nose with MD, you're losing fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    Thanks for that Todd in this heavily trolled thread, lol.
    ^ Is it a coincidence that the majority of FANS think Wolf should have won and are now expressing their disdain for judging? Nope. But go ahead and call us trolls to justify your weak responses, which are in fact masking the very simple problem with what took place at the ASC2012 - bullshit judging. Deflect it all you want with claims that "it looks different in person than it does in photos" (which is another way of calling fans stupid)...

    At least Shawn Ray was smart enough not to say that Branch won "hands down" like the rest of the MD ass clowns. For someone with a reputation to uphold, you're treading on thin ice.

    And you know Branch is reading this thread too. I bet he's smarter than everyone at MD combined because he'll keep his mouth quiet about the issue. If he didn't, it would only unleash another tirade from pissed off fans who saw two well-proportioned, huge, and well-conditioned athlets that looked better than Branch (and posed better).
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  9. #43
    Beach Body ZeroFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    842
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
    ZeroFire by the nature of sports franchises, federations and leagues "the fans" will always see controversies and have criticisms even in a sport where the object is to get a ball in a hoop or over a goal line. In one so nuanced as bodybuilding it's problematic for fans to insist (mostly with monikers as they are afraid to use their real names, lol) on anything from those that call the shots. I also cover some soccer, horse racing and other events including koi fish shows. The fish people are the worst. They'd make bodybuilding fans look like choir girls. Yet, at the end of the day nothing really changes. Live life and be happy or take the alternative route carrying a bunch of bile around in your bilge
    1. You cover koi fish shows? That is hilarious.

    2. I think we've already made a difference. Since much of the judging is subjective it can be swayed by public opinion. Next time they think, "Well let's just vote for Branch cause the fans love him." they will remember the backlash. Even Branch Warren fans thought he didn't do enough to win all the awards. You are wrong sir--

    This will and I believe has made a difference.


    At the very least it's made a difference to Dennis Wolf. For the record I actually wanted Evan to win. But Dennis was the best that night.

    3. You cover koi fish shows-- that is hilarious.

    4. Making a difference makes me happy.

    5. See #3.

  10. #44
    Mass Monster Lex1247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,423
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Wow, so according to Mr Todd Jewel the best poser routine is also based on crowd reaction and response??? Why don't we just call it the MOST POPULAR with the MASSES award then? Unreal...

  11. #45
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,029
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroFire View Post
    1. You cover koi fish shows? That is hilarious.

    2. I think we've already made a difference. Since much of the judging is subjective it can be swayed by public opinion. Next time they think, "Well let's just vote for Branch cause the fans love him." they will remember the backlash. Even Branch Warren fans thought he didn't do enough to win all the awards. You are wrong sir--
    ^ Bump. It's happened. Every "who's who" in the bodybuilding world has seen the MD fan polls by now. Even contributors and writers for Flex Magazine have come to the MD forums and have commented on this.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  12. #46
    Beach Body ZeroFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    842
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Sorry Branch I asked Jesus. Even he thinks you lost.

    But he did say--

    cool-story-bro-jesus.jpg

  13. #47
    Beach Body victoria,ruby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Derby,England
    Posts
    635
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfri View Post
    this Arnold wil go down in history as a one suck ass event, i mean bull shit!!!, to much hype on branch, his got a ugly physique he is holding to much fucking water not looking hard, and on top of that best poser of the night??????? fuuuuuck youuuuu, i have denis wolf 1, evan 2, people need to stop sucking to much Branch dick
    .


    Truthfull post absolutely bang on
    The ifbb imo needs a massive overall in every department they are an absolute fucking joke yet the cunts are that bastard arragant that they will not admit when they have fucked up,a lot of respect has been lost after this contest and not just for the ifbb but for that ugly blocky physique that the ifbb class as one of the best but we all know the truth

  14. #48
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,029
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    F*ck this, I'm going to Quiznos.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  15. #49
    Mini Forklift Ⓥ
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victoria,ruby View Post
    .


    Truthfull post absolutely bang on
    The ifbb imo needs a massive overall in every department they are an absolute fucking joke yet the cunts are that bastard arragant that they will not admit when they have fucked up,a lot of respect has been lost after this contest and not just for the ifbb but for that ugly blocky physique that the ifbb class as one of the best but we all know the truth
    You mean 'overhaul'?

  16. #50

    Default

    WHAT GYM IS HE AT???

    come on MD. get it together. list the gym on every video. we are bodybuilders. we love to know what gyms they're at.

  17. #51
    Behemoth alexceau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,215
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    What a bunch of shit. He's holding water and that leg just gets me upset. It is in worse shape than Vic's leg was at the 2010 AC, and back then the two "experts" were commenting that it would definitely hurt Vic's chances to win the show.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •