Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Branch Warren Talks Challenges and Victory at Post Contest Photoshoot. Plus Posing Routine!

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    Winning the best poser award was the final slap in the face for Dennis Wolf. Not only did he not win the show, but he lost the best poser award to Branch?? Does Branch know what a 3 quarter twisting shot is, or a kneeling pose? Ahhh, I miss the 90's...true champions who knew the art of posing...from Lee Labrada, to Shawn Ray, to Kevin Levrone, to Vince Taylor and so on. Nowdays...we get the obligatory (Hulk Hogan hand to the ear), then slapping your quad like a gay stripper then flexing it followed by the mandatory 3-4 Most Muscular poses...
    Couldnt agree more.

Enough!! get off his nuts you ain't going to change anything.....I will still watch the AC...Branch is a great guy and hard working thats the bottom line..
    Stay focused Maverick..

Quote Originally Posted by Big A_Rod View Post
    Enough!! get off his nuts you ain't going to change anything.....I will still watch the AC...Branch is a great guy and hard working thats the bottom line..
    Yes he is hard working.
    Yes I will still probably watch the Arnold (but I'm not going to it till Branch is out).
    Yes Branch is a cool guy (minus all the fake Jesus crap).

Follow his whole right side down. Compare to his left.

Everybody keeps pointing out that right lat. It seems weird to me. He hasnt said anything about it and in his photoshoot after the Arnold it seems to have gotten better. Almost wonder if it was cramping up on him or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    ^ Kinda coincidental they changed the name from "best poser," don't you think (I believe someone else in this thread mentioned the same thing)? Since when did the sport of bodybuilding become WWE? Let's do backflips and handstands... wait, Kai already does that. We all know Wolf should have won the posing award, regardless of the bullshit terminology. Stop frontin' Todd. By trying to brown nose with MD, you're losing fans.

^ Is it a coincidence that the majority of FANS think Wolf should have won and are now expressing their disdain for judging? Nope. But go ahead and call us trolls to justify your weak responses, which are in fact masking the very simple problem with what took place at the ASC2012 - bullshit judging. Deflect it all you want with claims that "it looks different in person than it does in photos" (which is another way of calling fans stupid)...

At least Shawn Ray was smart enough not to say that Branch won "hands down" like the rest of the MD ass clowns. For someone with a reputation to uphold, you're treading on thin ice.

And you know Branch is reading this thread too. I bet he's smarter than everyone at MD combined because he'll keep his mouth quiet about the issue. If he didn't, it would only unleash another tirade from pissed off fans who saw two well-proportioned, huge, and well-conditioned athlets that looked better than Branch (and posed better).
    Not brown nosin, just saying it like it is. If it were the traditional Best Poser award then yes, Dennis may have very well won it. The industry experts that were chosen for the task were only able to judge on the criteria that was given to them which was who's routine was the most entertaining. (remember, these were not IFBB Judges)
    www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Thanks for your insight Todd, nice to have your point of view in this thread. It's a pleasant change !!

Yeah Todd come to the forums and suck the IFBB off hopefully you place better. Support the corruption. SMH. Get a fucking back bone and some common sense and step up. You and all your fellow athletes.

At the very lease demand a clear Criteria on what physiques they want. BEST PHYSIQUE ON THAT STAGE TO THAT CRITERIA WINS. No bullshit about coming back from injuries or looking better than his last show, who gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by DRocky123 View Post
    Everybody keeps pointing out that right lat. It seems weird to me. He hasnt said anything about it and in his photoshoot after the Arnold it seems to have gotten better. Almost wonder if it was cramping up on him or something like that.

If you were to look up the history medical report on Branch. It would lists torn parts is high. If you've seen the video's on how he trains. It's very intense and very punishing to the body. Never seen a guy bounce 315, 405 so hard off his chest on the incline, lol. Read about the torn lat back in 2010 or so.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Big A_Rod View Post
    This is true... also, for your information, this is BODYBUILDING, not the Days of our lives show... nobody cares if he's hard working or not, he's a cool guy, or not, what matters here is the presented physique!!! And he was not the best among those... he might as well be a god, and an earthly angel, but he definitely was not the best bodybuilder on stage, and that's what should've mattered that day! Fuck the judges, this is politics, makin' a story about how he recovered from an injury... bullshit!!!

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    (remember, these were not IFBB Judges)
    yeah, they weren't IFBB judges... they were empty boxes, according to the results...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    You mean 'overhaul'?
    LOL LOL Sorry am a little dyslexic(i hope i spelt that right) but i do try my best

Quote Originally Posted by Kain6033 View Post
    This is true... also, for your information, this is BODYBUILDING, not the Days of our lives show... nobody cares if he's hard working or not, he's a cool guy, or not, what matters here is the presented physique!!! And he was not the best among those... he might as well be a god, and an earthly angel, but he definitely was not the best bodybuilder on stage, and that's what should've mattered that day! Fuck the judges, this is politics, makin' a story about how he recovered from an injury... bullshit!!!
    Fucking come on it's about time people said it like it is and like we all know it is, lets all stop pussying about and say it out loud, the show was fixed and if Branch was the great guy some of these dick lickers think he is, he would give the trophy to Dennis and admit he wasn't the true winner but we all know he wont do that and why

Lot's of angry cry babies in this thread.

Congratulations, Branch!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    The award was for the most entertaining posing routine not who can best pose like the classical routines back in the day. If it were simply a best poser award, Dexter, Shawn Rhoden, or Dennis probably would've won as their posing and transitions are very artistic and well executed. This award was simply about who entertained the crowd the most. The slow classical songs and really slow, well technically executed posing is not always the most entertaining. The routine has to have some excitement in it to entertain the crowd. Based on the crowd response at the show it was clear that Branch entertained them the most.
    On another note, it was not the IFBB judges that judged the Most Muscular award or the Most Entertaining Poser award. There were 6 experts from the industry that were chosen for these tasks. Three judged the Most Muscular award while the other 3 judged the Posing award. They were all seated in different locations close to the stage and all judged independent from each other. They were also not informed that they had been chosen for this task until just hours before the show. This was probably the best way to ensure that these awards were judged fairly.

Your thoughts?

if branch was able to shave a few inches from his waist, his whole flow would improve. I think it hurts his flow along with his short arms. Makes him appear stumpy. Very grainy in the photoshoot vid though.

So we have 4 pages of mofo's whining. Go to the fucking gym already. Its 4 days later. Damn, this shit is worse than a maternity ward.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast