Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Branch Warren Talks Challenges and Victory at Post Contest Photoshoot. Plus Posing Routine!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBlacktt View Post
    Your thoughts?

THe most muscular award is not judged based on just the most muscular pose.... Judged on the entire physique.
    www.facebook.com/Todd.theCrown.Jewell www.twitter.com/toddjewell

I'd much rather look like you, Todd, then Branch. And I think that's the issue. I'd rather look like you or Kuclo, who haven't even competed as a pro yet, then 2x arnold champ. And I think that is pretty universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jewell View Post
    THe most muscular award is not judged based on just the most muscular pose.... Judged on the entire physique.
    Wow, so this whole contest goes to show even more how something is not right?

Because facts show Branch will never win in

MM shots

Back or front DB shots

Any Lat shots as Wolf is the widest out there and Branch is missing half his right one anyway.

Partial right quad imbalance now. Which he and Wolfs quads look to be the same in size. Just Branch has better condition.

Branch wins a calves.

So calves is what won him the trophy. Excluding everything else he was completely dwarfed in.

ACTAULLY WOLFMANS QUADS HAVE BETTER SHAPE THAN OVERRATED BRANCH QUADS,WOLF HAS THAT HUGE CRAZY FLARING OUTER SWEEP QUADS WITH MORE DETAILS AND UNLIKE BRANCH'S OVERRATED QUADS HAVE NO SHAPE BUT JUST BULK.

CMON MR TODD,U ARE THE FUTURE OF BODYBUILDING.DONT TELL ME THAT YOU LIKE BRANCH'S SHAPE THAN WOLFMANS SHAPE? ANYWAYS YOU REMIND ME OF DENNIS WOLF, TALL,BROAD SHOULDER,GOOD SHAPE,UR PROPORTION IS GOOD BUT I WANNA SEE YOUR LATS LIKE WOLFMAN JUST TO BE UP THERE IN THE FUTURE FOR MR OLYMPIA YO..PEACE!!

The award was for the most entertaining posing routine not who can best pose like the classical routines back in the day. If it were simply a best poser award, Dexter, Shawn Rhoden, or Dennis probably would've won as their posing and transitions are very artistic and well executed. This award was simply about who entertained the crowd the most. The slow classical songs and really slow, well technically executed posing is not always the most entertaining. The routine has to have some excitement in it to entertain the crowd. Based on the crowd response at the show it was clear that Branch entertained them the most.
    On another note, it was not the IFBB judges that judged the Most Muscular award or the Most Entertaining Poser award. There were 6 experts from the industry that were chosen for these tasks. Three judged the Most Muscular award while the other 3 judged the Posing award. They were all seated in different locations close to the stage and all judged independent from each other. They were also not informed that they had been chosen for this task until just hours before the show. This was probably the best way to ensure that these awards were judged fairly.
    I see, now we call it most entertaining poser award, to suit Branch's lack of true posing skill. Who determines that good posing is no longer entertaining Todd? This whole secrecy about judges who didn't know that they were going to be asked to judge, is a convoluted bunch of BS from the organizers, and truly comical. May I suggest that next year's posing award be changed to the 'slap your quad and stump your foot award', then the fans won't be as "confused" about the integrity of the judging criteria.

Default awesome

branch is awesome for sure. say what you want. but watching the contest he was harder and dryer than anyone else. i like most thought wolf was do. but he was not as hard not as dry and did not control his midsection as well as branch. i knew evan had 3rd, but his time is coming soon. damn 3rd thats fucking awesome. sorry for wolf he is a beast, but its hard to out work branch thats all there is to it. learn what your looking at people and you wont have to be surprised at the winner ya bunch of hating bitches. what the flavor of your hater aid, blue berry Branch. whahahahahahah!

Quote Originally Posted by myfeet View Post
    branch is awesome for sure. say what you want. but watching the contest he was harder and dryer than anyone else. i like most thought wolf was do. but he was not as hard not as dry and did not control his midsection as well as branch. i knew evan had 3rd, but his time is coming soon. damn 3rd thats fucking awesome. sorry for wolf he is a beast, but its hard to out work branch thats all there is to it. learn what your looking at people and you wont have to be surprised at the winner ya bunch of hating bitches. what the flavor of your hater aid, blue berry Branch. whahahahahahah!
    lol

Whoa you had me fooled. You started making such a concise and intelligent argument at first, then you let it all spiral down the drain. Either way, you must live on blueberry planet if you really think Branch was the hardest and driest on that stage, or his back for that matter. Hey at least your post was entertaining!! whahahahahahahaha LOL

There are a few posters in this thread that seem a little "imperceptive"... IFBB Judges maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by alexceau View Post
    Whoa you had me fooled. You started making such a concise and intelligent argument at first, then you let it all spiral down the drain. Either way, you must live on blueberry planet if you really think Branch was the hardest and driest on that stage, or his back for that matter. Hey at least your post was entertaining!! whahahahahahahaha LOL
    @myfeet is an angry noob who likes the "hard work" criteria to judge bodybuilding shows, and calls 87% of fans haters because they felt (combined) that Evan and Wolf were better. Yeah, we're just haters. That term is thrown around more than, well, anything.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

LensCrafters buy one get a second pair free?

He has one good leg left, his left side the rest is a mess. Poor arms and forearms, smaller delts, god awful Back the sags around that large waist line for his height.

Missing right lat which really looks bad, imbalance right quad now also. His posing routine is what it is ( fast, action, rocking ). Because if he tried the Dennis approach. All his flaws with be a huge spotlight and he wouldn't make the top 6. This is not hate, more like everyone should be saying what the hell is going on here and with our sport?

Last edited by ZBlacktt; March 8th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Was going to add one more...... Again side by sides. We all know Wolf is a far bigger guy ( see MM shot above ), yet look at the very controlled slim waist line. Note Dennis has his right leg forward in this shot. The quad sweep matches Branches best quad his left. While Branch puts out the recent smaller injured quad. You can also see the torn right lat in Branch in this pose as well. Evan is not set yet in the pose when picture was took.

Quote Originally Posted by ZBlacktt View Post
    Was going to add one more...... Again side by sides. We all know Wolf is a far bigger guy ( see MM shot above ), yet look at the very controlled slim waist line. Note Dennis has his right leg forward in this shot. The quad sweep matches Branches best quad his left. While Branch puts out the recent smaller injured quad. You can also see the torn right lat in Branch in this pose as well. Evan is not set yet in the pose when picture was took.
    ^Fuckballs of China, WOLF LOOKS SIIIIIIIICK in that abs and thigh shot. Striated full-blown quads... first time he's come to a show with striations in the quads I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaks for itself.

Wolf, strong V taper, Branch love handles, looks over weight and soft in the back.

Just not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2020 View Post
    So we have 4 pages of mofo's whining. Go to the fucking gym already. Its 4 days later. Damn, this shit is worse than a maternity ward.
    The irony is that you took the time to pay it attention. And in doing so, further galvanize the topic.

Wolfy boy brought the pain! He's got a filthy frame!!

For what Branch won? Because he has a better sponsor than Wolf? Ok. Wolf and no calves, but Branch has no forearms, flat biceps, a lot of water on the back, one leg (thigh) are much smaller than the other. Wolf was in much better shape! Centopani too. A year ago he had a weak back, but this year he has improved considerably.

This is true for me and many other fans of Bodybuilding:
    1 Muscle-TECH
    2 BSN
    3 Universal
    4 ALLMAX

It should be:
    1 Wolf
    2 Centopani
    3 Warren
    4 Pakulski

I like Branch, but this is really a joke. Branch in pursuit of the mass lost symmetries. He was perfect:

In 2007 he was bigger and had a perfect X. Since 2009, all fucked up.

2007:

2008:

2010:

To: All IFBB Professional Members
    Re: SYMMETRY & NATURAL AESTHETICS

Montreal, Canada, April 13, 2005: With a mandate from President Ben Weider, the Professional Committee and a team of expert advisors recently evaluated the issues associated with muscular development, such as size, shape, density, separation and definition, in relation to symmetry and natural aesthetics.

Certain objective criteria are involved in assessing symmetry and natural aesthetics in competitive bodybuilding. Of great significance are the qualities of balance, proportion and the overall “flow” of the physique, including classic attributes such as a dramatic “V-taper”; from broad shoulders and a wide back to a streamlined waist and a flat, muscular abdomen. In addition, there should be balance between upper and lower body development, and harmony between the left and right sides of the body. These characteristics have been the hallmark of a bodybuilder’s physique for decades, and it is the intent of this Advisory Notice to reaffirm their significance.

Distended abdomens and distorted muscles negatively impact upon symmetry and natural aesthetics and, therefore, detract from the overall physique. Athletes and judges are advised that muscle size at the expense of symmetry and natural aesthetics will not be assessed favourably.

All inquiries regarding the IFBB Professional Division should be directed to:

Jim Manion
    Chairman
    IFBB Professional Division
    P.O. Box 3224
    Pittsburgh , PA 15230

Toll Free: 1-866-304-4322
    Tel: (412) 276-5027
    Fax: (412) 281-0470
    E-mail: ifbbprodivision@aol.com

Where is the symmetry? Wolf and Centopani have the symmetry and size. Branch has too big leg up over the body. I wonder ... For which he won? A year ago, won deservedly, but this year Wolf and Centopani were better than Branch! IFBB is a joke. Sorry for my English.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast