Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Rep with Hosts Bob Cicherillo and Peter McGough - The Arnold Classic Report!

Banned

Watched the first half last night! VERY well done. I was really impressed with this show and am hoping to see many more!

Good Stuff!! Does anyone know whay DY was not at the Arnold?
    Stay focused Maverick..

"shawn, can you explain why bodybuilders in general at the pro level tend to fade or flatten out after pre judging right when the finals starts?"
    I have no idea bro, these guys are working with so many Guru's I seriously doubt they know themselves???

Muscle Head

Cool

great job!!!

yea BOB is awesome i have always enjoyed listening to the man speak he has the voice and look that seriously represents the sport. We need someone well spoken lik bob to help garner respect from other media outlets keep up the good work i see great things for bodybuilding everyone should do their bit make videos of your workouts post them on sites get this stuff out their guys we are the voice's of bodybuilding!!
    Victory Or Death!

I like it a lot, awesome! It will be great to see it evolve. Also, the fact you guys edit in footage of who/what you're talking about is awesome, I hope to see more of that. A visual connection to what you're explaining

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Ray View Post
    Great job Bob! Love me some Peter!
    No homo Shawn, lol?

Loved the show! More so Peter telling it like it is and talking about what BBing means and stands for. I think that is where everyone is coming from when we say who should have won. Looking forward to the next show Bob!

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by MADMAX6 View Post
    Love it! So good to see Peter again. He's the MAN!!!
    Yes, he is.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
    So far the addition of Bob has been amazing no addition has had this much of an effect. Peters insight is also a wonderful addition, that's a whole lot of bodybuilding knowledge sitting there
    Damn right.

Colemanesque

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    madmax is correct...this is a pilot concept for a regular weekly show that will premiere right here on MD. as we progress and take on sponsors, the production value will increase..right now, I'm on my own dime....

This is an awesome idea for a show. I could not think of two people more well suited, either.

For any of the guys who don't know who Pete McGough is, he was "the man" back in the day, prior to MD taking over the industry. McGough has a LOT of experience and knowledge about this sport and the industry in general, at a level few men can match. He was the senior editor of Flex magazine for many years, back when Flex was the only great BB'ing mag.

Peter has been around this sport/industry for a few BB'ing "generations"...before many MD fans were even born.

Colemanesque

Great job Bob! Love me some Peter!

Heading in the right direction brother we are long over due for something like this

Kudos!!

You took the words right out of my mouth....couldn't agree more.

Colemanesque

I'm on record agreeing with Peter on this one
    As am I.

Now, if Branch's back was at 100%, I could see branch barely winning, but it wasn't. Branch's back was already a weak point in terms of hardness, seperation, detail, and shape. At this show, his back was worse than it had been in a while...enough for him to lose the show, in my opinion. In contrast, Wolf had the freakiest rear double bi and reat lat of any competitor in the show....as well as the best front lat, front double bi, and most muscular. Thats 5 poses Wolf smashes everyone on...and he mutilates Branch on the 2 rear shots mentioned (lower body excluded).

amazing show - really loving the honesty of Peter

I'd don't know how everyone can overlook the fact that Dennis Wolf needs a lot more calves. Even in poses where he's superior in every other respect his poor calves stand out.

He beat 2 men with outstanding calf development but they are lacking in other body parts, at least to the standard of the contest.

This has been part of physique contests from the very start and maybe a reason why a "most muscular" award was given out.

In the days where there were many more contests a symetrical guy with good legs usually won out over a muscle monster with huge arms and upper body and marginal legs. Check out Freddy Ortiz.

Bodybuilders with huge upper bodies and skinny legs have been a joke with the general public forever. Remember the cartoon character Johnny Bravo?

I hope Dennis brings his calves up. If he does he will win everything. He has a magnificant physique.

great show....great job by peter and bob....things like this add a degree of "legitimacy" to bodybuilding

CALVES ,CALVES,CALVES,you guys thinK Dennis Wolf is not doing his best to make his calves BIGGER? you guys dont think its a genetic thing? can you guys get Wolfman's Crazy outer flaring quad outer sweep ? can u get your lats as wide as Wolf's? Can You get your shoulders as large as wolf's?Can you get that amazing lines that Dennis posseses? TRUST ME ON THIS ONE,WOLFMAN WILL BE BACK BIGGER ,BETTER AND BADDER NEXT TIME YO!!

tip for CALVES (just in case someone with small calves read this and they want improvement on their calves) - do 4 sets of standing bent legs very wide stance toes facing outwards calf raises with heavy dumbells on each hands in front of you. goodluck peace.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteeb View Post
    I'd don't know how everyone can overlook the fact that Dennis Wolf needs a lot more calves. Even in poses where he's superior in every other respect his poor calves stand out.

He beat 2 men with outstanding calf development but they are lacking in other body parts, at least to the standard of the contest.

This has been part of physique contests from the very start and maybe a reason why a "most muscular" award was given out.

In the days where there were many more contests a symetrical guy with good legs usually won out over a muscle monster with huge arms and upper body and marginal legs. Check out Freddy Ortiz.

Bodybuilders with huge upper bodies and skinny legs have been a joke with the general public forever. Remember the cartoon character Johnny Bravo?

I hope Dennis brings his calves up. If he does he will win everything. He has a magnificant physique.
    If we were to sit here and judge from head to toe. It's very clear Dennis would still win given what both guys look like. As for legs, Dennis is much taller. So it may be throwing your judgement off on his actual leg sizes. He's using his right leg forward in this pose. You can clearly see the match in size, shape in flexed conditioning. With no imbalance issues there either. As for calves, those are the most common body part for the vast majority in the sport to be genetically gifted with to bring up. Seems like those with great legs/calves, come other issues elsewhere on the body. Look at Tom Platz and Ben Pakulski, etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast