Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What contests are open to foreigners in Japan/Korea?

Default What contests are open to foreigners in Japan/Korea?

Hey, just wondering where I can compete in Japan/Korea? Since I'm not a national some of the competitions might be closed to me.

I would rather compete in Japan or Korea, because it would be my first competition and I don't speak any other asian languages besides Korean and Japanese. I think it would be real easy to screw up real bad if I didn't understand what people were saying.
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

goddamnit, I was reading something else right before I opened this thread and I accidentally wrote "China" instead of "Korea". How can I change the thread title? .........
    The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

Damn man very cool you can speak Korean and Japanese.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull3744 View Post
    well my Japanese is still very poor, but I think it will be pretty good by the time I compete. I can read/write about 700 kanji, but I can't speak very well at all. I've studied korean since I was 17, and lived there for about 3 years, so it' pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron8 View Post
    Fixed:]
    thanks!

Go ask some people at your gym in the respective countries.

Quote Originally Posted by romant56 View Post
    Go ask some people at your gym in the respective countries.
    I'm in the USA right now, but I'll be moving back to japan on the 20th. I can ask people when I get there but I doubt they'll know any of the guidelines concerning foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull3744 View Post
    I know I'm off topic, but I think bodybuilding and language learning require the same kind of personality. Both require someone who's willing to put their nose to the grindstone for years at a time before being able to really reap the benefits of their work. Both require constant maintenance or they fall apart. in both of them no matter how good you get there's always room for improvement. In both of them easily frustrated people don't last long. In both of them you're always looking for a way to make your improvements just a liiiiiittle more efficient etc. etc. the list could go on and on. I think if you can successfully do one than you can successfully do the other.

In Korea, I've known foreigners to compete in the Musclemania and some smaller regional shows. Most of them were "overseas Koreans" (with foreign passports), but not all. The US Military also hosts BB events twice a year on base(s).