Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Last Rep #4: Kai Greene Posing, New Olympia Qualie Rules Made Easy & Weekend Wrap Up w/Bob!

Default The Last Rep #4: Kai Greene Posing, New Olympia Qualie Rules Made Easy & Weekend Wrap Up w/Bob!

Needs Peters back.

The reality is Levrone, Wheeler, & Ray should have won a Mr. O, don't think they had a sense of entitlement believing that. And I'm sure they are mentally ok now. ;-)
    Last edited by eroc613; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Where's Peta?
    BULK SMASH!!!

Are Mike and Christina really married??? I thought they were just dating

juxtaposedhearts0

Agree with kai's routines, it's just the silly costumes that I don't like.

Good visual explination of the new point system.

It will be confusing with all the different tiers and point values. Nascar has consistent scoring on each race. You don't get more for points for placing second at the Daytona 500 than you would at the Food City 500.

So bodybuilding is subjective agian, saying placings at one show are more valuable or worthy than placings at another. I can't wait to see the points controversy at the end of the season.
    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetic Saiyan View Post
    Are Mike and Christina really married??? I thought they were just dating
    I thought the same thing.

I could hardly hear Kai talk at the mic.

Chick should have invited Shawn Ray to discuss the points system. They are clearly at odds. The promoters may make more money, but it waters down the sport and the bodybuilders are going to be confused trying to figure out which shows to enter, when to enter them, and they'll have to diet all year just to come in shape to a late show to try to qualify for the Olympia. Looking forward to worse physiques, and a worse lineup at the O.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Chick should have invited Shawn Ray to discuss the points system. They are clearly at odds. The promoters may make more money, but it waters down the sport and the bodybuilders are going to be confused trying to figure out which shows to enter, when to enter them, and they'll have to diet all year just to come in shape to a late show to try to qualify for the Olympia. Looking forward to worse physiques, and a worse lineup at the O.
    nothing will be watered down...we were qualifying 3rd and 4th place finishers on the bump...THAT was watering down the line up.

the current system only allows for the top 5 pt getters to qualify...along with the guys that win...seems like a good system to me.

the only thing im not in favor of is pre qualifying the top 5 from the Olympia...this is counter productive to getting the best talent out on the circuit throughout out the year.

qualifybe WINNER of the Olympia...that is all....just like they do in every other sport.

Shawns points are valid...if we're ONLY conning ourselves with the best interest of the Olympia....I'm looking at the best interest of the Pro League in its entirety...

Banned

Only the Winner of the Olympia would be a huge mistake IMO. 1 it gives a huge advantage to the guy who won b/c he can take the whole year off and his body will be fully recovered while the other guys may have to do multiple shows which would hinder their body's recovery for the following years Olympia making it unlikely the current champ would lose unless age/injury caught up with them. 2 while yes I love seeing these guys compete often I also want them to be around for a long time to compete and not to burn out and not make progress, the Olympia would lose some of its hype if I saw the top guys compete all year long.

U
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDoyle25 View Post
    Only the Winner of the Olympia would be a huge mistake IMO. 1 it gives a huge advantage to the guy who won b/c he can take the whole year off and his body will be fully recovered while the other guys may have to do multiple shows which would hinder their body's recovery for the following years Olympia making it unlikely the current champ would lose unless age/injury caught up with them. 2 while yes I love seeing these guys compete often I also want them to be around for a long time to compete and not to burn out and not make progress, the Olympia would lose some of its hype if I saw the top guys compete all year long.

Sometimes it's not n advantage to not compete often, putting everything on the line for just one day a year...as for the prestige...it works that way in every sport I can think of....Obe plays theoughoutnthenyear, so dos Jeter, so does tennis players, gofers, racers, etc....etc.

Banned

How can you compare those sports to bodybuilding? Try doing a bodybuilding show once a week for a full 4 months then compare. lol tennis....golfers.....the sports were you can get drunk after every game and then still be ready for the next one.

How can you compare those sports to bodybuilding? Try doing a bodybuilding show once a week for a full 4 months then compare. lol tennis....golfers.....the sports were you can get drunk after every game and then still be ready for the next one.
    I'm not comparing the sport of BB itself to any of them, I'm comparing the idea that as a band, you put your best out there thoughout the competitive season as its the "names" tha sell....trust me, the ratings for a golf tourney is much hire when tiger and Phil Mickelson are in the line up...it's not even comparable....
    we don't have 4 pro shows back to back...or even close. Nor are we requiring the pros to compete an all of the pro league events...so your argument falls flat.

I don't think asking a guy to compete 2-3 times in a year is a lot to ask....

Banned

Neither do I but the guys in the top 5 are making descent money why would they honestly put their body through hell for the extremely low paying shows that probly wouldn't even cover their prep?

Neither do I but the guys in the top 5 are making descent money why would they honestly put their body through hell for the extremely low paying shows that probly wouldn't even cover their prep?
    ever consider that the low paying shows are low because there isn't enough big names talent in them?