Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    you ought to know so ya best tread lightly
    i m working for Visa now sweety, everything else i do is just residual.
    no intentions to put any time and effort into advertising with the time constraints of my new job
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Dude -- unless you are the genetically gifted black athlete who already is born with delt tie ins, and round muscles ---- being white and natty......chances are you will be pretty damn "flat" looking ----in fact VERY FLAT looking with clothing on etc... but if you get peeled ---- you will POP and EXPLODE on stage and that wont matter.

Sure -- I had my natural guy have maybe TWO refeed days of 800+ grams of carbs, but he was in shape before he was permitted those and his husky ass finally got flat. I actually did his water and sodium and diuretic as if he was JUICED and I regretted it. He looked better the night before full of gallons of water. NOW I KNOW.

-Matt
    this....seems like alot of competitors (esp natty) cannot psychologically handle when the clothes they used to fill out start fitting a little more loosely. onstage that shit doesn't matter cus like you said once you are peeled you will appear much larger onstage. i prefer to wear bigger than normal shirts when i'm prepping anyway

Dude -- unless you are the genetically gifted black athlete who already is born with delt tie ins, and round muscles ---- being white and natty......chances are you will be pretty damn "flat" looking ----in fact VERY FLAT looking with clothing on etc... but if you get peeled ---- you will POP and EXPLODE on stage and that wont matter.

Sure -- I had my natural guy have maybe TWO refeed days of 800+ grams of carbs, but he was in shape before he was permitted those and his husky ass finally got flat. I actually did his water and sodium and diuretic as if he was JUICED and I regretted it. He looked better the night before full of gallons of water. NOW I KNOW.

-Matt
    Ok man, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I am considering having a crack at competing next year once I bring my legs up! Lol. so I will keep your advice in mind.

Cheers

LOL -- tons of people get in shape relying on crystal light for dieting ---- I just personally know whats in the packets and like people to NOT use this as a crutch to drink fluids.

Add it in as additional fluid intake on top of your pure spring water ---- too much of artificial ANYTHING is probably not the best. My skin is much clearer and healthier looking on pure water.

-Matt
    Whoa whoa whoa, since when have you been on pure water? In all honesty I don't believe you have gone a week without diet soda in the last 6 years.

-Matt's fiance

When you are in great condition a few weeks before a contest and have done everything in your power to be looking great without any unnecessary manipulations -- you technically should be able to coast into the day of the show.

However --- I still hear people using depletion methods along with sodium and carb manipulations starting 10 days out or so.....REALLY!?!?! You either look good or not at 10 days out and are only asking for trouble if doing this.

I witnessed a guy who could have won an overall this last Saturday lose by doing manipulations that were completely uncalled for.

I will say this --- Diuretics are NOT mandatory and you can be ultra dry without them, but choosing the RIGHT diuretic can definitely be an "insurance policy" in a sense.

I only feel comfortable advocating dyazide (triameterine/HCTZ) which is potassium sparing and acts very fast upon using. 1/2 tabs are all that is needed the evening before show time. It's just icing on the cake.

I still cannot figure out why guru's / competitors insist on using Aldactone for diuretic properties??? It's a friggin ANTI-ANDROGEN that is not a diuretic but an aldosterone blocker that takes 3-4 days to build up in blood.

Yet prep coaches will sometimes throw this in 1-2 days out which is really not adequate time for it to even work properly. Using aldactone is favored because it is considered "safe" and potassium sparing. However -- once this Androgen Blocker builds up in the blood --- chances are you may go very flat. Once aldosterone is blocked --- "shitload" on all the bacon burgers you want because it wont fill you because the aldosterone is now blocked and vascularity from increased blood pressure is non existent.

So use dyazide or nothing at all.

As for Sodium and carbs should REMAIN pretty much the same all during the final week --- and perhaps lowering sodium 1 day out is really as "extreme"as it should get. Carbs by that time are most likely low and you are looking dry and full due to high water and high sodium.

For carb loading --- that is something that can be done 1 day out or the morning of the show. Trust me --- you do not need 3 days of 800g / 1000g/ and 600g of carbs for weds, thurs and fri!!!!

That is asking for trouble! Most people fail to realize that you store anywhere from 175-250g in your liver , and anywhere from 375-500 as muscle glycogen.

Let's give the benefit of the doubt and say you are bigger than average (225lbs ripped) and are "depleted" so you now might be able to store more than that ---so instead if approximately 500-750g of glycogen,,,, you can top out at 1000g.

I would rather be 80% "full" and dry as all hell, then to push the envelope from 3000 grams of yams for 3 days!!!!

Trust me, high water and high sodium will keep you NOT flat.

Summation:

• Be in shape 2 weeks out
    • keep water high and sodium high until friday before show
    • If using an "insurance policy" (diuretic) opt for dyazide only
    • Do not load carbs for 3 days to astronomical amounts
    • Use 1 day or day of show to load carbs and dry out simultaneously.

-Matt

very educational, good stuff porter

Quote Originally Posted by Figure_22 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, since when have you been on pure water? In all honesty I don't believe you have gone a week without diet soda in the last 6 years.

-Matt's fiance
    just had a diet coke...i love fountain soda only though, not bottled soda
    JESUS THE CHRIST

^^ Matt drinks Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch, Diet soda and even Crystal Light NON STOP!!! If we go out to a restaurant they must fill his glass at least 8 times!

^^ Matt drinks Sugar Free Hawaiian Punch, Diet soda and even Crystal Light NON STOP!!! If we go out to a restaurant they must fill his glass at least 8 times!
    he lied on the internet...not good at all
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    922c7_ORIG-internet_police.jpg

hahaha Matt is probably face palming in real life right about now

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    You joke but you're next keep it up, ill report you and have sent in once and for all. You human troll you.

PSYCHOPATH

Someone's being a bitch. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_29 View Post
    hahaha Matt is probably face palming in real life right about now
    you see how hot his girl is, i doubt he is facepalming ...and im sure he does whats best for his clients, not HIM. Mike Arnold self sacrifices for his clients as well.. im anxious for Mike to pop in here.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    LOL --- I am off-season mode and that is a WHOLE OTHER THREAD! --- Yes I drink lots of water now + lots of diet soda + lots of other things haha

I was only referring to precontest --- and remember, I ALWAYS drink my required 1.5-2 gallons and will have diets as extra credit per se.....

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

So everyone remember --- next time your ignorant beginner friend says this National level competitor is doing their diet and has them on "keto" - just know that poor soul is eating 6 meals a day of whey iso and almonds, 6 whole eggs, salmon and asparagus, and will eat 1 cheat meal on Sunday ----- and all the while paying their National guy monthly for a bullshit diet that is not custom. Remember, the poor client will STALL and then do pro/veggie days followed by tedious 1hr long double split cardio for low intensity (because "keto" will cause muscle to oxidize) ---- I feel bad for these people and next time talk some sense into them and say just google the damn diet for free!!!!

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

So everyone remember --- next time your ignorant beginner friend says this National level competitor is doing their diet and has them on "keto" - just know that poor soul is eating 6 meals a day of whey iso and almonds, 6 whole eggs, salmon and asparagus, and will eat 1 cheat meal on Sunday ----- and all the while paying their National guy monthly for a bullshit diet that is not custom. Remember, the poor client will STALL and then do pro/veggie days followed by tedious 1hr long double split cardio for low intensity (because "keto" will cause muscle to oxidize) ---- I feel bad for these people and next time talk some sense into them and say just google the damn diet for free!!!!

-Matt
    i think we can all agree on that at least
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Not so much interested in that Rock. I have a career and am currently helping 10+ competitors right now due to me sitting out this season to grow.....

I do not make much money from this and just like to help others.....

Only reason I made this thread because what I witnessed at a show last Saturday that made this guy lose a title from messing up his system due to voodoo shit.

Also -- since I talk to guys who work with well known "gurus" and I hear about the aldactones, lasix, insulin carb ups, 3+ estrogen blockers etc,,,,, I get a little heated and feel venting on a public forum is a nice outlet.

-Matt
    Respect. Thanks, Matt.

Page 10 of 173 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast