Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    What do you think of priming the body for dieting? If someone is starting in a month do you have them eat a surplus of calories/carbs? Or if someone has been dieting for 10 plus weeks and wants to switch things would you have them adding carbs in gradually for a few weeks before starting the new plan, that way the metabolism is a little more ready to go for the diet?

hey Tony,

So for instance, if the person is a faster burning metabolism and has been "wishy washy" with their off-season nutrition.

Meaning, sporadic eating, some clean, some junk, not meticulous tracking,,,, probably eating less then he thinks he is etc....

I would definitely "PRIME" his body prior to delving deep into prep. I would increase macros, and crunch numbers precisely. I would

MATCH his nutrition to his training volume, work schedule, and muscle mass. He would most likely gain some LBM and maintain BF

OR composition change.

For the opposite metabolism -- I would simply calculate precisely what his current average calories are -- then select foods/macros I think will suit him best

matching his approximate maintenance. He just might recomp from the shift in foods choices and energy output. We also need to factor in if the person is enhanced, or natural.

That plays an integral role and changes the game. I always recommend slowly transitioning into higher calorie loads from a dieted state.

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

^ Hypothetically what if someone with a slower metabolism was essentially crash dieting (way to low calories and carbs) for like 8 weeks and came to you ten weeks out with their metabolism fucked up?

*Not dieting for a show, just think of scenarios in my head.

^ Hypothetically what if someone with a slower metabolism was essentially crash dieting (way to low calories and carbs) for like 8 weeks and came to you ten weeks out with their metabolism fucked up?

*Not dieting for a show, just think of scenarios in my head.
    Came to me 10 weeks out stalled in progress and on low cals/hi cardio? OR wanting to get into a mass gaining transition phase?

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

If a bodybuilder came to you stalled on low cals/ carbs and high cardio.

If a bodybuilder came to you stalled on low cals/ carbs and high cardio.

I would look at exact foods, supplements currently employed, type of training, type of cardio...

Then I would implement some essential fats and some carbs around training, and re design cardio etc...

It's hard to say exactly what would go down without seeing the person and knowing all variables. I have had two females come to me

in this EXACT position, and I gave them more food and changed training and cardio and they are going down the right path now.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Ya I get what you are saying without knowing, Like you said I would assume you would add more fats and carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    hey J_Train,

Great question -- It can be beneficial 100% IF you are in appropriate condition to EVEN GAUGE its effectiveness.

You should be lean enough that you do not alter sodium or water while doing a trial, you should be able to see the results simply from

waking up the next morning on empty stomach. You should be "dry" looking with zero manipulation needed.

Give me some ideas about your condition and thoughts or carb protocol and I can give some input.

-Matt
    This is me today at 181.6. Im 5'4 3.5wks out. Was going to do 300g tomorrow, fri, and pancakes sat morning. No cardio or training thurs and fri. Not messing with sodium or water

CBH,

I dont believe I have witness increased water retention from ephedrine/caffeine or caffeine/clenbuterol before....

Curious if you have?

-Matt
    Yes, I am pretty confident Ephedrine brings on increased water retention. Clen a lot less. You might not have noticed it due to the Caffeine counteracting that to a point, but I believe that Eph should be dropped at least a week prior to getting onstage if one does not want to utilize diuretics.
    I've been experimenting with some OTC stuff lately to counteract the vasoconstriction and water retention effects of E and I've found high dosage EGCG and Forskolin to be especially useful. Might want to check those out yourself and potentially include them in your clients' contest prep.
    Cardio is not good for naturals - Noel Fuller, trainer of champions

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBaldhead View Post
    Yes, I am pretty confident Ephedrine brings on increased water retention. Clen a lot less. You might not have noticed it due to the Caffeine counteracting that to a point, but I believe that Eph should be dropped at least a week prior to getting onstage if one does not want to utilize diuretics.
    I've been experimenting with some OTC stuff lately to counteract the vasoconstriction and water retention effects of E and I've found high dosage EGCG and Forskolin to be especially useful. Might want to check those out yourself and potentially include them in your clients' contest prep.

everything I have seen regarding Mahaung, ephedra sinica, sida cordifolia , Ephedrine HCL/Sulfate has mentioned diuretic, diaphoretic, anti-spasmodic, decongestant etc....

I have personally seen yohimbine cause some sodium retention. I might experiment with ephedrine hcl by itself (no caffeine) and see how it effects me when I am getting leaner.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by J_TRAIN View Post
    This is me today at 181.6. Im 5'4 3.5wks out. Was going to do 300g tomorrow, fri, and pancakes sat morning. No cardio or training thurs and fri. Not messing with sodium or water

You just need to lose a bit more from the rear side -- should be fine to trial run it.

However , I am not a fan of 3 continuous days of carbing, when 1-2 days could be plenty to be honest.

Why not try 600g for 1 day and simply see how that suits you this week, then tweak things the next week for another trial after depleting.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

You just need to lose a bit more from the rear side -- should be fine to trial run it.

However , I am not a fan of 3 continuous days of carbing, when 1-2 days could be plenty to be honest.

Why not try 600g for 1 day and simply see how that suits you this week, then tweak things the next week for another trial after depleting.

-Matt
    Ok ill do that. Ill let you kno what happens. Thanks so much

Matt, regarding fish oils, my label just says 2 soft gels is 2000mg of purified fish oil, with the epa and dha mg also added. I would like to know if I should count them in into my macros, but I have no idea what amount of fat and calories that would equal per soft gel if any for that matter. Curious what you think about that, I take 16 pills/day.

Quote Originally Posted by mishag View Post
    Matt, regarding fish oils, my label just says 2 soft gels is 2000mg of purified fish oil, with the epa and dha mg also added. I would like to know if I should count them in into my macros, but I have no idea what amount of fat and calories that would equal per soft gel if any for that matter. Curious what you think about that, I take 16 pills/day.

Yes. Add 16g fat to your macros

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

-Matt
    Hey i forgot to ask, why do you not like a couple days of carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by J_TRAIN View Post
    Hey i forgot to ask, why do you not like a couple days of carbs?

I believe that people over do the carb up process tremendously. I believe you can adequately carb up in 24 hrs and maintain the glycogen and muscle

fullness simply from ensuring your water and sodium levels are on par. If you track back in this thread, I like loading larger early, perhaps spilling over a tad,

then just going down to normal carb levels or slightly above to clear out potential "spillage" and come in dry and crisp. The body is an amazing adaptive machine,

so after prolong dieting, you start maintaining fullness with lower carbs because the body adjusts....so when you go way over for 1-2 days you will be super compensated,

yet can maintain this easily with a few days til show time --- 90% of the time people are "flat" is due to sodium, water restriction and diuretic mis use, not carbs.

Do what your heart is set on --- I am just giving my insight.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Matt,

You said that Yohimbine HCL should be stopped 10-14 days out of show day because of water retaining property it has.

What about Alpha-Yohimbine? Does this condition apply the same to it?
    Since I am using Fat Burner containing Rauwolscine.

Thanks a lot, Matt..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yellow_Boy View Post
    Matt,

You said that Yohimbine HCL should be stopped 10-14 days out of show day because of water retaining property it has.

What about Alpha-Yohimbine? Does this condition apply the same to it?
    Since I am using Fat Burner containing Rauwolscine.

Thanks a lot, Matt..

I would not chance ANY form of potential water retaining products so close. You are right there at home stretch 10 days out anyways...

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Page 123 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2373113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast