Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

glad to have you posting this thread here....good to have some relevant info here for competitors...you are right when you say the quality of threads has gone done from back in the day...Now, obviously you know how to get yourself and others in shape and have a great deal of knowledge...but about the cheat/refeed/skipload days....I feel they have a place in prep period, regardless of what bodyfat percentage you are at. I know you've been around and obviously know Skip...he uses refeeds from the beginning and consistently brings guys in ripped. Of course many methods work, I just don't like when guys state things as gospel like "you have to be in shape with veins on abs and glutes or no cheat meal" I do agree that refeeds/skiploads are superior to cheat meals....all cheat meals ever gave me was bloat and gas without any kind of metabolic boost or filling out....day after a skipload I am full as hell and sweating bullets

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    glad to have you posting this thread here....good to have some relevant info here for competitors...you are right when you say the quality of threads has gone done from back in the day...Now, obviously you know how to get yourself and others in shape and have a great deal of knowledge...but about the cheat/refeed/skipload days....I feel they have a place in prep period, regardless of what bodyfat percentage you are at. I know you've been around and obviously know Skip...he uses refeeds from the beginning and consistently brings guys in ripped. Of course many methods work, I just don't like when guys state things as gospel like "you have to be in shape with veins on abs and glutes or no cheat meal" I do agree that refeeds/skiploads are superior to cheat meals....all cheat meals ever gave me was bloat and gas without any kind of metabolic boost or filling out....day after a skipload I am full as hell and sweating bullets
    are you working with Skip for your prep?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

If the body fat was high --- 13-16% --- I (personally) would NEVER give people refeed right out the gates. You would need to "starve" them every day -- 6 days a week to merit a refeed when not low in BF, plateau'd, or using thyroid. Also -- when people are using T3 (which I try to avoid and pretty much do) refeeds are less effective for metabolic reset, but great for restocking energy, and glycogen etc....

I had great success feeding a regular non competitor --- super low calories during mon-fri ---- (1300-1600) + carido'ing him and intense training him then refeeding him for 48 hrs on simple sugars and overall high carbs......and his BF was not LOW --- but I had to kick his damn ass for 5 days --- it was just another way to skin the cat and he enjoyed the suffering ----> then reward for 48 hrs.....

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick2 View Post
    Oooh can we have an offseason thread?
    This past offseason i pushed bulking way too far, and am ending up having to drop 50 lbs or so to be in summer shape. Specifically for my next offseason was going to do a carb cycling diet like this one that chris aceto endorses. Any opinions on it?

i lift monday thru friday and take the weekends off so was thinking monday/ tues extremely high carb, wed thru friday high carbs (2:1 ration) then really low carb for the weekend,. thoughts?

http://www.nutramedia.com/nutrition.cgi

sorry to derail the thread, just ignore if you feel its taking away from the thread.

thanks matt, learning a lot so far
    50 lbs to be in "summer shape" which I will interpret as NOT contest condition and more like 8-10% BF? You did something VERY wrong in off-season if 50 lbs just elicited summer conditioning only....

I find a key in offseason is "staying hungry for meals" throughout the off-season. Once that hunger signal stops ---- bad things usually can happen -- immune system shut down -- due to force feeding when body is clearly rejecting, BF now increases from no need for forced nutrients. Digestion goes down the drain....etc...

I do not mean staying "pre contest hungry" but just be able to eat after 3-3.5 hrs without feeling like you are forcing it.......Some lucky guys can do this without cardio, without appetite stims, without cycling calories etc.... but you need to personally figure it out.

Then after that CONSISTENCY is golden and you will link up days to weeks to months etc....and make progress without set back (hopefully).

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Matt - great thread and good info!

What would you recommend for natural bodybuilders for the last week before comp day?
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    If the body fat was high --- 13-16% --- I (personally) would NEVER give people refeed right out the gates. You would need to "starve" them every day -- 6 days a week to merit a refeed when not low in BF, plateau'd, or using thyroid. Also -- when people are using T3 (which I try to avoid and pretty much do) refeeds are less effective for metabolic reset, but great for restocking energy, and glycogen etc....

I had great success feeding a regular non competitor --- super low calories during mon-fri ---- (1300-1600) + carido'ing him and intense training him then refeeding him for 48 hrs on simple sugars and overall high carbs......and his BF was not LOW --- but I had to kick his damn ass for 5 days --- it was just another way to skin the cat and he enjoyed the suffering ----> then reward for 48 hrs.....

-Matt
    Worried about muscle burn off? What about Clen?
    Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    are you working with Skip for your prep?
    Not competing this year, but plan on working with him next year
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Not competing this year, but plan on working with him next year
    have you considered working with Noel?
    JESUS THE CHRIST

no....he obviously gets his guys into good shape, but too many things I disagree with

no....he obviously gets his guys into good shape, but too many things I disagree with
    pm me what you disagree with
    JESUS THE CHRIST

PSYCHOPATH

What are you doing buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOPATH View Post
    What are you doing buddy?
    what are you referring to?
    JESUS THE CHRIST

PSYCHOPATH

what are you referring to?

Why are you advertising for Noel? Especially in other coaches threads?

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Cause he thinks he is being slick. The Only slick thing about him is the lube he uses before
    Viewing certain pics

i wasnt at all. i was just asking Bigoso a question, not trying to convince him to hire Noel at all
    JESUS THE CHRIST

PSYCHOPATH

i wasnt at all. i was just asking Bigoso a question, not trying to convince him to hire Noel at all

Stop being creepy.

IFBB PRO - Beni Lopez / Moderator / Forum Facilitator lil mama's Avatar

Why do u need to have him pm u his disagreements?
    He has his reasons... Can't u leave it at?

Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast