Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    You still could be leaner/drier here....

I woudl definitely load you after water is controlled..... late night/into morning of show.

Get your "canvas" (body) blank or cleared of carbs, sodium, water first ---> then start adding in the carbs as this process is taking place

Should fill out while continually drying out ,....if too flat add in more fluids

-Matt
    Great stuff cheers Matt. So do what I did last time to dry out but dont deplete just cruise in

Then fri night pre bed maybe hit steak n jasmin rice then re asses at breakfast

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I woudl definitely load you after water is controlled..... late night/into morning of show.

Get your "canvas" (body) blank or cleared of carbs, sodium, water first ---> then start adding in the carbs as this process is taking place

Should fill out while continually drying out ,....if too flat add in more fluids

-Matt
    Iv sent u a message on here matt when u get chance

-Matt

Matt, are you familiar with Milos method of aldactone in sync with insulin to load whilst getting dry? over say wed eve, thurs and fri..for a sat show, multiple doses of aldactone and insulin, cutting water late fri night for a sat show. possbly using dyazide pre bed if need be, but depends if the aldactone has largely done most of whats needed

Quote Originally Posted by cromespider View Post
    1. Originally Posted by cromespider
    Hay matt just looked through about 120 pages of all your amazing and some of your posts you say that the carb load can be done on Friday other post of yours say that you do not like that method, what is your opinion these days for a enhanced bodybuilder who has a show this sat and is doing your 125,100,75,50 method of dropping carbs as we speak? and was going to carb load Friday with 600 carbs from yams/sweet potatoes and oatmeal and possibly dry cereal last 2meals and no added salts on Friday?
    Let me CLARIFY -- I do not like LOADING from the START of FRiday (day) --- I use Friday to ensure drying out is regulated --- then will load people LATE Friday night into Saturday morning as water is then controlled tightly.
    I rather not go into the last week super depleted and super low in carbs, so you never have to dig yourself out of a hole per se....but. the method of depleting and loading mid -week (say tuesday and wednesday) then drying out thursday and friday (DAY) work fine, then you re-load Saturday morning.
    -Matt

Thanks
    ormal carbs you know you digest well...... be it rice, yams, oats e, cream of rice etc....
    Then maybe some PB&J sandwiches morning of if still needing some fullness....

Only Friday you would reduce sodium some.

Drying out thursday and friday means -- lowered carbs, HIGH WATER , and only reducing sodium on friday (1 day out).

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by hilly2010 View Post
    Great stuff cheers Matt. So do what I did last time to dry out but dont deplete just cruise in

Then fri night pre bed maybe hit steak n jasmin rice then re asses at breakfast

That sounds safer. Don't dig your hole too deep.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by glimerxxx View Post
    Matt, are you familiar with Milos method of aldactone in sync with insulin to load whilst getting dry? over say wed eve, thurs and fri..for a sat show, multiple doses of aldactone and insulin, cutting water late fri night for a sat show. possbly using dyazide pre bed if need be, but depends if the aldactone has largely done most of whats needed
    I am surprised Milos would incorporate aldactone ?

Seems like it would hinder the loading process as sodium is simply NOT able to absorb.

insulin + dyazide would be better (IMO of course), but Milos know shis stuff

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

I am surprised Milos would incorporate aldactone ?

Seems like it would hinder the loading process as sodium is simply NOT able to absorb.

insulin + dyazide would be better (IMO of course), but Milos know shis stuff

-Matt
    as far as im aware, the idea is to time the aldactone doses in sync with insulin, 50mg aldactone 1 hour pre shots of 20iu humalog, to ensure the body can still uptake carbs, dyazide would be much safer imo also to ensure fullness. aldactone was defo his fav, which is why quite a few guys came unstuck loading with potssium heavy foods in sync with its use...

Quote Originally Posted by glimerxxx View Post
    as far as im aware, the idea is to time the aldactone doses in sync with insulin, 50mg aldactone 1 hour pre shots of 20iu humalog, to ensure the body can still uptake carbs, dyazide would be much safer imo also to ensure fullness. aldactone was defo his fav, which is why quite a few guys came unstuck loading with potssium heavy foods in sync with its use...

No wonder Mustafa Mohammed almost died --- he carbed up with potato/yam/dates etc... which are super high in potassium while having dyazideand aldactone in blood....preserving potassium but excreting sodium...

BAD NEWS!!!

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by NPCKnight View Post
    Have you had the pleasure of using Humatrope or Serostim?

Do you think Dennis James Mtut (slow positives in particular) makes sense? (the slow positives)

Are your backbone hardeners usually run at a minimal dose?
    For example 200mg ea? Is it safe to assume with more experienced clients, the short esters will be higher mg wise than the "backbones".
    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Bump.

This is beyond my scope of education and knowledge, but I believe only hypertrophy will take place here --- not actual splicing of muscle cells --> via "HYPER-PLASIA" ---> which is proposed to happen with exogenous IGF-1 usage or supra physiological amounts in local muscle. Cells are pre determined and set in stone.....unless there truly is proof and research to back up excess exogenous hormones be it androgens or GH/IGF that elicits NEW cells.....

-Matt
    Hey Matt, so update on this discussion. I was listening to Ben P and Dr Jacob Wilson podcast regarding ways of muscle growth. Pretty much increasing thickness (sarcomeres in parallel (width) and in length (longitudinal=length) by training a muscle in stretched overload (maintaining tension in a stretched position) while also reaching muscles full potential range of motion in a given workout, by fully shortening and lengthening it. Essentially they say that you can activate satellite cell activity by reaching extreme lengthened ranges of the muscle and maintain tension, therefore this causes fusing to the myofibrialls inside the muscle fiber and donating myonuclei increasing AMOUNT of nuclei available within the muscle fiber not just SIZE by (contraction=shortening) giving greater potential for growth. My thought behind this is that certain individuals just have way more nuclei amounts to begin with (genetics) causing huge muscle we see, even without optimum training. I believe that by learning muscles full biomechanical functions your ACTIVATING DORMANT myonuclei that have simply not been exposed to much stimulus because you just never reached that full potential range of motion. With this new insight were simply activating fibers that are ALREADY PRESENT GENETICALLY within the muscle fiber but simply due to lack of proper training have not been stimulated yet, reducing the muscles potential to look fully developed, NOT actually more NEWER nuclei become available now. I do believe satellite cells have ability to neutralize free radical damage by donating new nuclei to repair damaged tissue and stabilize it, NOT increasing amounts within the fibers to have more AMOUNTS. Brings me to the conclusion that regardless even by utilizing all mechanism the genetically superior individual will still prevail by still training without optimum intentions in mind. Can showing the genetic superior individual the proper insights to training can he/she grow even more than before? YES, but because to BEGIN with the individual already HAS a GREATER amount of fibers present to begin with and no matter what the genetically inferior individual does (more drugs, advanced techniques, utilizing every mechanism of hypertrophy) will not BEAT superior genetics. Because in the end of the day if the superior individual starts doing things optimally its ALL OVER! If you decide to listen to the podcast on iTunes, would u agree with what the proposed possibilities they think and communicate as fact are or my opinion ? Or do you have your own conclusions? Really interested to hear what you think! Myself I don't know if what they are saying is wrong either.

Hi Matt , only diurectis i can find are Lasix and Spirolactone. How i can use then and also use insulin in saturday of contest or just on last meal before stage ?

Default 2 questions

hi matt 2 questions just to get your opinion if you dont mind

1) i competed in a state and regional nyc show as a LHW this year weighted in around 188 lbs took the open light heavy class in both. last year i competed at a jr nat level show and although i came in flat for that show i just think that competing at that level id be best served as a MW. since increasing cals significantly post show and tapering off t3 my weight continues to drop im somehow harder and fuller then onstage and gear is down to practically nothing literally. my glutes are striated and lower back very feathered. cals are 315 pro/350 c/110 f. I like you have 2 jobs and work alot so doing preps where i lose 30-40 lbs simply arent feasible i like staying lean so competing is possible any ideas for direction with my offseason diet setup and overall direction?

2) for those clients on hrt how do u direect them with aas immediatley post show to both clean out there body and yet optomize the rebound?

Nobody

Hey again Matt!
    I took 3 rd place last saturday at Balkan Championships Classic Bb division using ur protocol
    I have a show here on saturday...around 2-4 pm my division
    Weight in is in morning 9-11 am
    My question is: how can i carb load if i need to stay depleted till make the weight in?!It will be only a small window (few hours) from the weight in to the show
    THX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alex_a View Post
    Hey again Matt!
    I took 3 rd place last saturday at Balkan Championships Classic Bb division using ur protocol
    I have a show here on saturday...around 2-4 pm my division
    Weight in is in morning 9-11 am
    My question is: how can i carb load if i need to stay depleted till make the weight in?!It will be only a small window (few hours) from the weight in to the show
    THX!!!
    Humalog, white rice and waxymaize

Quote Originally Posted by JordanWFitness View Post
    Humalog, white rice and waxymaize
    Not serious don't follow my advice

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Matt I am planning for 7 weeks from now, for peak week for a show I am going to do and have read a few posts you made on HydraVAX. Since this show is tested, Dyazide/htcz is out

Typically I would have done Dyazide 1/2 tab at 2 and 8PM fri
    1/2 Tab at 8AM and after PJ

A) But I think I am going to try Hydravax at 2 caps 3x a day starting on Tuesday for a Saturday show.

B) Also in circumstances where a show i would do were not a tested NPC show, could Hydravax take the place of Aldactone, with the aforementioned Dyazide protocol used on friday/sat along side? (as opposed to aldactone 25 mg sat & sun, 50 mg m-f)

can you offer your thoughts on protocol A and B in brief.. do you think this should be effective as long as estrogen is in check, and bf low enough/conditioning good enough

Additionally: I saw there was a recall for an undeclared diurretic in the 45 count bottles. I was able to get ahold of some 30ct bottles of HydraVAX.. am I correct to assume these are of a different formulary and won't be as effective? I need to make sure I don't fail the urinalysis should I win my class
    Last edited by jhotsauce7; May 16th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

Another question for you Matt.
    If I really want to take advantage of cosmetic effect of cellular swelling by hyper-storing ATP, ionic fluids, creatine, influx of H2O can this be done without presence of insulin to transport and make this effect happen? Since I want to oxidize fat and build muscle, can this be done with manipulating variables?

My thought process is that up regulating catecholamine's response and secretion through training and supps, which will increase concentration of blood sugar without presence of insulin to do the transport? Essentially stored glycogen that is broken down and enters bloodstream is doing the transport into cell.

Will this work until obviously cells are depleted and the need to sensitize leptin ,t3 etc.

Page 165 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65115155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast