Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

  1. #2806

    Default

    Matt, What do you think about oral winny & injectable? Is there any differences in our body?
    I read that Bill Roberts said injectable winny has more nitrogen retention effect & superior in bioavailability while the oral winny has more SHBG binding effect but less bioavailability because has to pass the liver twice..
    What is your thought?

    Thanks, Matt...

  2. #2807
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,078
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Hi Matt , only diurectis i can find are Lasix and Spirolactone. How i can use then and also use insulin in saturday of contest or just on last meal before stage ?

    Roy, I would strongly advise against NOT using any of those.

    Why do you need SLIN??? Please tell me because you drastically sucked down to a low weight class on a Thurs or Fri weigh in, only to HYPER fill out for the stage Saturday?

    That would then hold SOME merit in using slin to hyper fill out.

    For drying out -- just be Effing lean, and load water all week--> then lower salt a touch 1 day out, then lower water day of show some.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  3. #2808
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,078
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilder82 View Post
    hi matt 2 questions just to get your opinion if you dont mind

    1) i competed in a state and regional nyc show as a LHW this year weighted in around 188 lbs took the open light heavy class in both. last year i competed at a jr nat level show and although i came in flat for that show i just think that competing at that level id be best served as a MW. since increasing cals significantly post show and tapering off t3 my weight continues to drop im somehow harder and fuller then onstage and gear is down to practically nothing literally. my glutes are striated and lower back very feathered. cals are 315 pro/350 c/110 f. I like you have 2 jobs and work alot so doing preps where i lose 30-40 lbs simply arent feasible i like staying lean so competing is possible any ideas for direction with my offseason diet setup and overall direction?

    2) for those clients on hrt how do u direect them with aas immediatley post show to both clean out there body and yet optomize the rebound?

    Well.....keep LEAN GAINING this year and if you truly accrue good amount of tissue ,,, no need to lose it sucking into middles.... if you are just rebounding favorably,,, then it subsides and you hover in ball park range all year, then suck into middles next year.

    For HRT clients I would have them go back on HRT post show --- get on all health supps in abundance, get blood work done --- and stay lean and mean, then blast 6-8 weeks later from a STILL LEAN set point.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  4. #2809
    Iron Addict Matt Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,078
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex_a View Post
    Hey again Matt!
    I took 3 rd place last saturday at Balkan Championships Classic Bb division using ur protocol
    I have a show here on saturday...around 2-4 pm my division
    Weight in is in morning 9-11 am
    My question is: how can i carb load if i need to stay depleted till make the weight in?!It will be only a small window (few hours) from the weight in to the show
    THX!!!
    You just make weight --- then add in some fluids and sodium + carbs carefully.

    You wont explode by any means in fullness, but it will help before stage time in a few hours.

    -Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

  5. #2810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Well.....keep LEAN GAINING this year and if you truly accrue good amount of tissue ,,, no need to lose it sucking into middles.... if you are just rebounding favorably,,, then it subsides and you hover in ball park range all year, then suck into middles next year.

    For HRT clients I would have them go back on HRT post show --- get on all health supps in abundance, get blood work done --- and stay lean and mean, then blast 6-8 weeks later from a STILL LEAN set point.

    -Matt
    thank you matt. i got another odd one for ya. If a guy is very sensitive to AAS side effects and is limited to the following drugs ( testosterone, primobolan, proviron, masteron, anavar) as with others ( eq, deca, dbol, tren) blood pressure just rises very swiftly. is there any advise you would give to them for a lean gaining cycle for offseason. Precontest because of fairly good genetics was able to do pretty well with those compounds.

  6. #2811
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Now I get your method better from this statement been reading everything on facebook you've been saying so you load more on weds, half on Thursday, lower on Friday to dry out then load when water is done to get super dry for Saturday morning correct. Drink lots of water because water flushes water getting you thanks a million my friend you don't know how much this helps.

  7. #2812

    Default

    Matt,

    Thank you for putting all of this info out there for us to learn. This is great. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:

    *Assuming, I am ripped going into the last week, and my carb intake has been around 100gr per day, How many carbs should be consumed Tuesday and Wednesday to then dry out Thursday/Friday?

    *How many carbs should you consume on Thursday? And Friday before you cut out water?

    *How many carbs should you consume on Saturday before prejudging?

    *How much water should you consume on Saturday before prejudging and until what time?

    *How much water should you consume after prejudging going into the finals?

    Thank you very much

  8. #2813
    Spotter e90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    334
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Matt! I was just curious what are your thought on Velvet Deer Antler as a supplement? Anyway thanks in advance.

  9. #2814
    Behemoth JordanWFitness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,410
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guindilla View Post
    Matt,

    Thank you for putting all of this info out there for us to learn. This is great. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:

    *Assuming, I am ripped going into the last week, and my carb intake has been around 100gr per day, How many carbs should be consumed Tuesday and Wednesday to then dry out Thursday/Friday?

    *How many carbs should you consume on Thursday? And Friday before you cut out water?

    *How many carbs should you consume on Saturday before prejudging?

    *How much water should you consume on Saturday before prejudging and until what time?

    *How much water should you consume after prejudging going into the finals?

    Thank you very much
    This is a very individualized question, you should know better than Matt as to how many carbs you need to fill out. Lots of people don't track their intake when carbing up they go by look and feel. Eat enough so you fill out but dont let your stomach distend. And water is very different based on how much you drink leading up, what supplement you take if you took a diuretic.



    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

  10. #2815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanWFitness View Post
    This is a very individualized question, you should know better than Matt as to how many carbs you need to fill out. Lots of people don't track their intake when carbing up they go by look and feel. Eat enough so you fill out but dont let your stomach distend. And water is very different based on how much you drink leading up, what supplement you take if you took a diuretic.
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Hi man,

    I totally understand what you are saying. I was mostly looking for some generic answers to get a better idea if it is possible. Generally, the water would be 8 liters the final week, then 9-10 liters on Friday until 8pm or so from what I read Matt likes doing.

    I know Matt had mentioned that you could load up on carbs Tuesday and Wednesday, then back off Thursday and Friday (until you cut out water, then add in some dry carbs overnight) etc...

    I am uncertain about what approximate amount of carbs should be consumed on that Tuesday and Wednesday, assuming you are ripped and quite depleted and, have been consuming an average of 100 gr of carbs prior to the last week. Should you consume more carbs Tuesday than Wednesday? Or should you consumed about the same amount both Tuesday and Wednesday?

    I believe then Matt suggests not to drink any water on Saturday until prejudging is over. Again, I am uncertain what amount of fluids should be consumed more or less, between prejudging and finals and if, it should be merely water or if it can be diet coke etc...Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

    Hopefully Matt can chime in. This is the best thread I have ever read. Matt has gone far and beyond to help others with this info, and always shows a great attitude and passion. I wish there were more people like him.

    Thank you very much

  11. #2816
    Juggernaut Canis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,047
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Matt im doing my first show in november. im 240lbs and close to 12% bodyfat and 6'1. We only have VERY few prep coaches here in my country most dont take more clients and most guys dont even know what they are doing. i have the size to take 1st place in my class, do i really need a prep coach? can i do it on my own?
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

  12. #2817
    Juggernaut Canis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,047
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Hey Matt im doing my first show in november. im 240lbs and close to 12% bodyfat and 6'1. We only have VERY few prep coaches here in my country most dont take more clients and most guys dont even know what they are doing. i have the size to take 1st place in my class, do i really need a prep coach? can i do it on my own?
    im usually around to 255 but school, work and my new born daughter have been taking time from me but im getting bigger again know.
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

  13. #2818
    Dedicated Noob Roy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    romania
    Posts
    17
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Roy, I would strongly advise against NOT using any of those.

    Why do you need SLIN??? Please tell me because you drastically sucked down to a low weight class on a Thurs or Fri weigh in, only to HYPER fill out for the stage Saturday?

    That would then hold SOME merit in using slin to hyper fill out.

    For drying out -- just be Effing lean, and load water all week--> then lower salt a touch 1 day out, then lower water day of show some.

    -Matt
    hehe , i wanted to try , my last contest after water-sodium things on stage i was pretty full and dry but I missed pump and veins (compared with pics from gym on trainings) and i read on forums that SLIN will give me better pump and more vascularity.
    A cheat meal (fries and burgers with sodium) can solve these problems? how i can eat a meal like that and to be safe to not retain water , only diuretics i use is Water Out from NOW.

  14. #2819
    Muscle Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hi Matt - I have a couple questions on insulin use and timing. I haven't seen anything in this great thread about this specifically. I wake about 3am and train @ about 4:30 till about 6:30 am. Now I'm figuring if I wanted to use a LOG or -R I'd have to get up, eat a minimum of 50-60 G fast acting carbs, pin the LOG or -R @ about 4:15 and get to the gym and be drinking a peri- workout drink with HBCD carbs and BCAAs during the W/O. I'm set on wanting to do this pre-workout. All protocols I have seen have people going high carbs all day and using either pre or post W/O in the evening.

    Which of the 2 would you say would be best for this application LOG or -R and would you say this timing would work since it's basically 1st thing in the am and not after a day of loading?

    Thx for your time in advance. TN

  15. #2820
    Spotter deanstm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    135
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hey Matt,

    Just out of curiosity, what's the lowest % of a diet you've had fat dropped to for clients during contest prep?
    I'm assuming going into final week fats are near non existent apart from Omega 3 supplementation?
    Save 5% at True Nutrition www.truenutrition.com ! Use discount code DSM253

  16. #2821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Roy, I would strongly advise against NOT using any of those.

    Why do you need SLIN??? Please tell me because you drastically sucked down to a low weight class on a Thurs or Fri weigh in, only to HYPER fill out for the stage Saturday?

    That would then hold SOME merit in using slin to hyper fill out.

    For drying out -- just be Effing lean, and load water all week--> then lower salt a touch 1 day out, then lower water day of show some.

    -Matt
    great advice

  17. #2822

    Default

    Matt,

    What do you think about oral winstrol & injectable winstrol? Is there any differences in our body?
    I read that Bill Roberts said injectable version has more nitrogen retention effect & superior in bioavailability while the oral version has more SHBG binding effect but less bioavailability because has to pass the liver twice..
    What is your thought?

    I always suffer from pain when on contest-prep using injectable winstrol (Aquaeous suspension) where ever I inject it ED into (quads, delts, glutes, ventro-glutes, pecs, biceps, triceps, etc...)
    The post-injection pain lasts for 4-5 days.. No abscess or infection though (using pharma grade winny suspension) but the injected sites is always very sore & can't even train maximally..

    Can I just use the oral version of winny and get the same results as using the injectable version?

    FYI, I always use the basic in my pre-contest cycle : test-prop, tren-ace, mast-prop, winny, proviron, clen, t3, little anti-e (no HGH & slin).

    Thanks a lot, Matt...

Page 166 of 173 FirstFirst ... 66116156157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •