Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 2,823 to 2,839 of 2933

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Hey Matt im doing my first show in november. im 240lbs and close to 12% bodyfat and 6'1. We only have VERY few prep coaches here in my country most dont take more clients and most guys dont even know what they are doing. i have the size to take 1st place in my class, do i really need a prep coach? can i do it on my own?
    guys have made it to the Olympia without a coach. years ago no one had a coach it's a relatively new concept

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    Acetyl-l-carnitine, nicotine, l-tyrosine, rhodiola

-Matt

Hi Matt!

Do you have any more tips or advce on the matter of keeping the feel good feeling high during contest prep?
    The nicotine helped a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilder82 View Post
    thank you matt. i got another odd one for ya. If a guy is very sensitive to AAS side effects and is limited to the following drugs ( testosterone, primobolan, proviron, masteron, anavar) as with others ( eq, deca, dbol, tren) blood pressure just rises very swiftly. is there any advise you would give to them for a lean gaining cycle for offseason. Precontest because of fairly good genetics was able to do pretty well with those compounds.

If you have LEGIT (verified ) primo and master on --- two AWESOME but highly faked for other hormones -- you can get into awesome shape and make GREAT GAINS!

Primo @ 800/week + Masteron @500/week + testosterone (whatever dose you are comfortable with) and you are good to go!

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by guindilla View Post
    Matt,

Thank you for putting all of this info out there for us to learn. This is great. I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:

*Assuming, I am ripped going into the last week, and my carb intake has been around 100gr per day, How many carbs should be consumed Tuesday and Wednesday to then dry out Thursday/Friday?

*How many carbs should you consume on Thursday? And Friday before you cut out water?

*How many carbs should you consume on Saturday before prejudging?

*How much water should you consume on Saturday before prejudging and until what time?

*How much water should you consume after prejudging going into the finals?

Thank you very much

Well --- did you load prior and experiment to see how you react on "x amount of carbs"? If not, that really is unfortunate, but that is a broad guess!!! 400g two days is safe, but might not touch you if stripped of BF%%

I never have my guys measure day of show -- if you are super hungry and have time to digest before PJing -- have pancakes worth of 100-130g carbs,,, if sleeping in have a nice NORMAL meal of steak and rice -- 1-2 c etc... then eat again before PJing then keep it light and snack before PJ

Take in 8-12 oz between meals

Same pattern --- 8-12 between meals --- if very flat drink MORE

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Hey Matt im doing my first show in november. im 240lbs and close to 12% bodyfat and 6'1. We only have VERY few prep coaches here in my country most dont take more clients and most guys dont even know what they are doing. i have the size to take 1st place in my class, do i really need a prep coach? can i do it on my own?

DO you need a prep coach.......Hmmmm...... Do you feel you can look at yourself and be harsh and realistic? Do you have knowledge on insulin/glucagon/super supps/ etc etc to work in harmony to dial yourself in MOST EFFICIENTLY -- ok ok I am getting to over the top,,, bt I am sure you can get yourself into shape, but whatever you feel comfortable with. I always did my own prep as I have done 30+ shows and learned lots.

-MAtt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    hehe , i wanted to try , my last contest after water-sodium things on stage i was pretty full and dry but I missed pump and veins (compared with pics from gym on trainings) and i read on forums that SLIN will give me better pump and more vascularity.
    A cheat meal (fries and burgers with sodium) can solve these problems? how i can eat a meal like that and to be safe to not retain water , only diuretics i use is Water Out from NOW.
    You are full and pumped in gym from water and normal electrolytes.... hence if shredded, you don't need to screw those variables up from normal!!!! Diuretics and poor water control is culprit of loss of pump/fullness.... burger and fries might spike blood pressure and bring veins out, but could tighten ad flatten you out more - but TRICK you into thinking you are fuller from veins and body temp increase,,,,, water ingestion will help more than burgers.....

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by theneed View Post
    Hi Matt - I have a couple questions on insulin use and timing. I haven't seen anything in this great thread about this specifically. I wake about 3am and train @ about 4:30 till about 6:30 am. Now I'm figuring if I wanted to use a LOG or -R I'd have to get up, eat a minimum of 50-60 G fast acting carbs, pin the LOG or -R @ about 4:15 and get to the gym and be drinking a peri- workout drink with HBCD carbs and BCAAs during the W/O. I'm set on wanting to do this pre-workout. All protocols I have seen have people going high carbs all day and using either pre or post W/O in the evening.

Which of the 2 would you say would be best for this application LOG or -R and would you say this timing would work since it's basically 1st thing in the am and not after a day of loading?

Thx for your time in advance. TN
    Eat a nice egg whites + cream of rice meal right when you wake up (1/2c dry weight of cream of rice (78g carbs)

Pin -- 5-10 iu LOG 20 mins ore workout --- have your drink made of 50-100g of carbs + whatever else you throw in there,,, begin sipping right after PINNING, then dilute to last whole session.

Then down 2-3 rice krispy treats squares (blue wrapper) + whey isolate shake immediately post training --- then 45 mins later whole food

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by deanstm View Post
    Hey Matt,

Just out of curiosity, what's the lowest % of a diet you've had fat dropped to for clients during contest prep?
    I'm assuming going into final week fats are near non existent apart from Omega 3 supplementation?
    30-40g total

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yellow_Boy View Post
    Matt,

What do you think about oral winstrol & injectable winstrol? Is there any differences in our body?
    I read that Bill Roberts said injectable version has more nitrogen retention effect & superior in bioavailability while the oral version has more SHBG binding effect but less bioavailability because has to pass the liver twice..
    What is your thought?

I always suffer from pain when on contest-prep using injectable winstrol (Aquaeous suspension) where ever I inject it ED into (quads, delts, glutes, ventro-glutes, pecs, biceps, triceps, etc...)
    The post-injection pain lasts for 4-5 days.. No abscess or infection though (using pharma grade winny suspension) but the injected sites is always very sore & can't even train maximally..

Can I just use the oral version of winny and get the same results as using the injectable version?

FYI, I always use the basic in my pre-contest cycle : test-prop, tren-ace, mast-prop, winny, proviron, clen, t3, little anti-e (no HGH & slin).

Thanks a lot, Matt...

inject winny has caused MORE INFECTIONS than any inject I can think of -- plus lumps and redness... crap if you ask me!

Oral is the way to go --- end of story.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Matt this thread just keeps getting better n better. My question is about liquid clen. Do you think it's ok and would you cycle it or run straight. I'm currently on 250mg test a week bridging until my next cycle for 8 weeks.

inject winny has caused MORE INFECTIONS than any inject I can think of -- plus lumps and redness... crap if you ask me!

Oral is the way to go --- end of story.

-Matt
    That helps me a lot.. Many Thanks, Matt...
    I'll just use oral winny for the next..

Two HGH questions.

What do you think the best way to test your hgh is?

What is the best way to run it offseason for an endo?

Quote Originally Posted by smbarney View Post
    Matt this thread just keeps getting better n better. My question is about liquid clen. Do you think it's ok and would you cycle it or run straight. I'm currently on 250mg test a week bridging until my next cycle for 8 weeks.

You can run clen straight through --- it will die off a bit, but nonetheless its still working at a good capacity regardless of "feeling it."

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    Two HGH questions.

What do you think the best way to test your hgh is?

What is the best way to run it offseason for an endo?
    Get a serum GH test to know if blood has GH In it -- then get IGF-1 tested to see how you personally convert the GH to IGF-1 in your unique body.

Off-season endo should always run sub Q as it does have lipolytic action in fat tissue where administered.... small doses space evenly throughout day

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Get a serum GH test to know if blood has GH In it -- then get IGF-1 tested to see how you personally convert the GH to IGF-1 in your unique body.

Off-season endo should always run sub Q as it does have lipolytic action in fat tissue where administered.... small doses space evenly throughout day

-Matt
    Sorry matt, I meant like what does and if it should be subq or IM when testing the gh.

Matt,

I noticed a big improvement in your side chest pose.
    At 18, you had a gap between your bicep/elbow and 8 years later,
    your muscle bellie looks Full and now it's one of your best shots.
    I still have this weakness in my side chest pose after 6 years of hard training;
    Can you help me to improve this?

Much appreciated,
    Bodybuilder from holland

Hey Mat, I remember asking questions in this thread 2 years ago and i i had no idea it was still going! Im 9 weeks out for a show (natural) and have been dieting since 30 weeks out. I am already around 6% bodyfat and im planning on really stepping up the shredding at 8 weeks out by adding in more cardio, dropping calories and starting thermogenics finally. I have been starting to realise that my body loses weight after my refeed days when carbs are higher so am considering doing like a 3-4 day calorie jump to reset my metabolism before starting my final stage of fat loss to get super shredded. Do u think this would be a good idea and if so how should i do it? macros are 35-40g fats 135-145g carbs and 275g protein on normal days with two refeeds a week at same macros but 300-350g carbs. I am also planning to be ready by 2-3 weeks out so i can reverse diet (add some carbs and fats severy few days) into the show as i have found from experience i fill out and actually lose fat when i do this after a long diet. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast