Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 2,840 to 2,856 of 2933

Thread: Stop screwing up your CONTEST PREP!

Hi Matt, whats your toughts on the final week prior the show... without doing any carb depleting! i always came in dry doing carbdeplet but very flat.... i had try do it without any carb deplete but dont really dealee in perfect till now... do you have any advice?
    Victor Bortoletto - Brazilian ifbb States Champ

Nobody

Hi Matt, just a quick question. Would you consider the diuretic HYZAAR which is made up of Losartan & hydrochlorothiazide to be almost the same as DYAZIDE?

And also, if you were to be using a potassium-sparing diuretic such as DYAZIDE, would it NOT be wise to carb load on potassium rich food such as sweet potatoes & potatotes???

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    DO you need a prep coach.......Hmmmm...... Do you feel you can look at yourself and be harsh and realistic? Do you have knowledge on insulin/glucagon/super supps/ etc etc to work in harmony to dial yourself in MOST EFFICIENTLY -- ok ok I am getting to over the top,,, bt I am sure you can get yourself into shape, but whatever you feel comfortable with. I always did my own prep as I have done 30+ shows and learned lots.

-MAtt
    thanks, i'm getting some help with posing and judging my physique with prob the only good bodybuilder in my country but im gonna do im own prep we will just see how it goes, you learn by doing right.
    thanks again
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Matt if someone is forced to train first thing in the am at 430 how would you structure the first meal. Esp if time is a issue. Waking up at 4 to eat a meal before isn't really my ideal option. Would you do a shake then whole meal post or Intra shake? Im
    Struggling with this. Thanks.

This is very ambiguous/ speculative so I apologize. If one was to prep for a national level show in men's physique, do you think he could be competitive on 500mg test a week? As in- that's it. 500mg from point a 16 weeks out to point b show day, not coming off?

I'm not exactly sure of what's going on with mpd in terms of enhancement (especially if they can be 2-3% bf above the men's bb).

Quote Originally Posted by smbarney View Post
    Matt if someone is forced to train first thing in the am at 430 how would you structure the first meal. Esp if time is a issue. Waking up at 4 to eat a meal before isn't really my ideal option. Would you do a shake then whole meal post or Intra shake? Im
    good question i would also like to hear an answer from a guy like Matt
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

great thread here.... got a lot of reading to do

Quote Originally Posted by smbarney View Post
    as canis said, this is a GREAT question and I also would love to know!! I have to train at 4 am and eating is just not doable. use an intra drink and this really helps. would love Matt to give his view

Matt what is your thoughts on training for bodybuilding?

Should one stick to pretty much purely hypertrophy training in the 8-15 range? or Should you combine low, mod, and high reps within one workout like starting with heavy 3-5 bench, then 8-12 incline, then 15+ flies? or should you follow something like Daily Undulating Periodization like Dr. Zourdos recommends, changing from hypertrophy, to strength, to power on any given day tailoring it to your goals such as a 3:1:1 hyper:strengthower for a bodybuilder or 1:2:1 for a powerlifter? or something completely different?

Well --- did you load prior and experiment to see how you react on "x amount of carbs"? If not, that really is unfortunate, but that is a broad guess!!! 400g two days is safe, but might not touch you if stripped of BF%%

I never have my guys measure day of show -- if you are super hungry and have time to digest before PJing -- have pancakes worth of 100-130g carbs,,, if sleeping in have a nice NORMAL meal of steak and rice -- 1-2 c etc... then eat again before PJing then keep it light and snack before PJ

Take in 8-12 oz between meals

Same pattern --- 8-12 between meals --- if very flat drink MORE

-Matt
    Hi Matt. Thanks for the reply. What's the reasoning for advising to drink the water between meals and not with your actual meals? Do you not advice to drink any with your meals on show day?

On another hand, is it ok to add in some vitamin C and dandelion root the last week before the show (starting Monday before Tuesday/Wednesday load) and run it all the way into Friday night?

If you have LEGIT (verified ) primo and master on --- two AWESOME but highly faked for other hormones -- you can get into awesome shape and make GREAT GAINS!

Primo @ 800/week + Masteron @500/week + testosterone (whatever dose you are comfortable with) and you are good to go!

-Matt
    Would you run that stack the last 12 weeks?

If i have a very little marginal to weigh-in the last day before weigh-ins friday evening, how would you do Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
    Sorry matt, I meant like what does and if it should be subq or IM when testing the gh.

IM will yield higher blood serum levels at the 3 hr mark

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive View Post
    Matt,

I noticed a big improvement in your side chest pose.
    At 18, you had a gap between your bicep/elbow and 8 years later,
    your muscle bellie looks Full and now it's one of your best shots.
    I still have this weakness in my side chest pose after 6 years of hard training;
    Can you help me to improve this?

Much appreciated,
    Bodybuilder from holland
    I have just trained and eaten like a Bodybuilder every single day and put in work. My chest unfortunately NATURALLY is good, but I partially tore both tendons!!!

So every time I build up strength, I push hard and strain it again!!! Then go back to lighter weights, machines etc... so now my chest is highly criticized from judges and audience from feedback I get.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by geordz View Post
    Hey Mat, I remember asking questions in this thread 2 years ago and i i had no idea it was still going! Im 9 weeks out for a show (natural) and have been dieting since 30 weeks out. I am already around 6% bodyfat and im planning on really stepping up the shredding at 8 weeks out by adding in more cardio, dropping calories and starting thermogenics finally. I have been starting to realise that my body loses weight after my refeed days when carbs are higher so am considering doing like a 3-4 day calorie jump to reset my metabolism before starting my final stage of fat loss to get super shredded. Do u think this would be a good idea and if so how should i do it? macros are 35-40g fats 135-145g carbs and 275g protein on normal days with two refeeds a week at same macros but 300-350g carbs. I am also planning to be ready by 2-3 weeks out so i can reverse diet (add some carbs and fats severy few days) into the show as i have found from experience i fill out and actually lose fat when i do this after a long diet. Do you think that would be a good idea?

That would only be necessary if you were going from a show, in contest shape, yet have a 8-12 week gap...

Sounds like you are getting great results on twice a week high carb days... I would just keep rolling with that, add the thermos etc...

It wont hurt,,, but I am not sure its really needed.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bortoletto View Post
    Hi Matt, whats your toughts on the final week prior the show... without doing any carb depleting! i always came in dry doing carbdeplet but very flat.... i had try do it without any carb deplete but dont really dealee in perfect till now... do you have any advice?

Sure do not deplete or lower --- just stay on same carbs you are in shape with, given YOU ARE IN SHAPE!

Then just perhaps take a mild diuretic or manipulate water and sodium a touch the day before.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_wwyang View Post
    Hi Matt, just a quick question. Would you consider the diuretic HYZAAR which is made up of Losartan & hydrochlorothiazide to be almost the same as DYAZIDE?

And also, if you were to be using a potassium-sparing diuretic such as DYAZIDE, would it NOT be wise to carb load on potassium rich food such as sweet potatoes & potatotes???
    I believe its an angiotensen 2 antagonist.....not so dure it replicates triamterene.... then you are left with non potassium sparing HCTZ...

Id stick with dyazide. I would avoid potatoes, dates, raisins, yams etc.... your ratios could get so skewed ,,,, you could risk severe cramping and heart problems from hyperkalemia

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68118158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast